Sponsored

Hot pepper red not even close to my expectations!

OP
OP

Bshusker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 F150 94 F150 92 Ranger 97 Ranger
You will like the ranger. If not for the mileage I would already have a ranger. The 24 vs. 29 on the Highway is what turned me off.
Yeah that's one of the things I really liked about the Maverick
Sponsored

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford may have been better to drop the color names on some of these paint colors. Kinda like Area 51. They just left it "Area 51" not Area 51 Blue. I think Hot Pepper is fine. It doesn't have to have the red on the end. Being just Area 51 hasn't hurt sales. It's the most popular color.

Also, Cyber Orange. Most people don't buy it's orange. Not online. Not in person. Cyber is fine. Or Cyber Burst. Or Sunburst. Or Starburst. Or they could have called it Sunset. Or anything, really.
Ford already has Sunset, my wife has it on her Explorer.

OP
OP

Bshusker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 F150 94 F150 92 Ranger 97 Ranger
In this picture, it looks close to the University of Texas-Austin castrated steer orange.
I was thinking when I first saw that in person Broken horn orange, but didn't want to go there because we don't have to much to brag about up here in husker land lol!

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Aw, cmon now. I don't know why Longhorns and Aggies don't get along better when they have so much in common. For example, both applied to UT.
If I had known it would look like burnt orange, I would have bought it in a heartbeat...

Very Old UT Joke: The Aggie space program decided to send a manned spacecraft to the sun. They weren't worried about the extreme heat because they planned to go at night.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was thinking when I first saw that in person Broken horn orange, but didn't want to go there because we don't have to much to brag about up here in husker land lol!
Bro...HPR?? Lol there was a HPR Lariat ordered in Beatrice that I think is around Lincoln and mine which was the first in town of any Maverick. So many around this part of the state for being a non popular color.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That does look sorta like the pictures I've seen before on the Maverick with hot red pepper, look around on the forum and you can find pictures. Also you can change paint colors and other minor changes now as long as your order is currently UNSCHEDULED. Not sure you can add CP360 though at this point and you wont be able to convert your maverick to a ranger. If you want a ranger that would be a totally new order. You also can't change form say XLT to Lariat or vs versa without going to the back of the priority line since you changed trims. See this thread : https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/hot-pepper-red-maverick-club.219/

Maybe you want Rapid Red, see this thread: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/rapid-red-maverick-club.1985/
I was hoping that the Chili Pepper Red would be closer to Red, at least that is what the color sample showed in the order brochure at the dealership. This is more like copper than red, but then I had a "Baltic Sea Green" Escape which was more blue than green. So I am saving up some cash so I can take it to a local paint and custom shop and have some accent color added. With this copper body, I am thinking of adding a Deep Red with a gold flake to the side panels and on the hood cowl sections. Add some charcoal shadow lines to the accents and I think it will look okay.

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a HPR on order... But I wonder if I should switch to Carbonized Grey or Alto Blue, which might go best with the Lariat interior.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really like Hot Pepper but saw too many pictures with different lighting and it looked way too Cinnamon/lipstick for me. Bounced back to Cactus Grey- I think it needs more burnt orange and not less-

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have HPR Maverick and love the color. It changes with the lighting, sometimes in sun has an orange red tint and when low sunlight it is red. I have gotten lots of compliments on it, but everyone is different that what makes the world go round.
You are so right on with your comments,Thats why ford named the color "Tinted-Clear-Coat-Matallic/Hot pepper red"

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
You are so wrong, I have it in my garage and it is more burnt orange than red for sure in any light. I don't consider this red its burnt orange.

Astrodad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I talked to my salesman today because I am kicking around about adding CP360 to my XLT and possibly kicking around the idea of moving up to a Ranger since my Maverick is about in Ranger price anyway. So he was telling me he doesn't know if I can make a change since the order banks are closed, he said he would have to talk to the manager and I might have to wait and redo my order for MY23 to change. So that would bring me to my next point and this is the first time I have seen this hot pepper red in person on this Ranger, and all I can say is OH HELLL NO! I was expecting more red then burnt orange, expectations totally destroyed! So disappointed I can't get a red Maverick. So I am hoping I can still make color change at least.
I recently changed my color so it probably is still possible. As long as you don't have a build date or VIN it can be done. I actually went from cyber orange to hot pepper red because I thought the HP red looked more orange than the cyber orange which looked too yellow to me when i finally saw them both on an actual vehicle.
Sponsored

Reactions: HPR