Sponsored

Hot pepper red not even close to my expectations!

Bshusker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 F150 94 F150 92 Ranger 97 Ranger
Ford Maverick Hot pepper red not even close to my expectations! 20220225_211209

I talked to my salesman today because I am kicking around about adding CP360 to my XLT and possibly kicking around the idea of moving up to a Ranger since my Maverick is about in Ranger price anyway. So he was telling me he doesn't know if I can make a change since the order banks are closed, he said he would have to talk to the manager and I might have to wait and redo my order for MY23 to change. So that would bring me to my next point and this is the first time I have seen this hot pepper red in person on this Ranger, and all I can say is OH HELLL NO! I was expecting more red then burnt orange, expectations totally destroyed! So disappointed I can't get a red Maverick. So I am hoping I can still make color change at least.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
20220225_211209.jpg

I talked to my salesman today because I am kicking around about adding CP360 to my XLT and possibly kicking around the idea of moving up to a Ranger since my Maverick is about in Ranger price anyway. So he was telling me he doesn't know if I can make a change since the order banks are closed, he said he would have to talk to the manager and I might have to wait and redo my order for MY23 to change. So that would bring me to my next point and this is the first time I have seen this hot pepper red in person on this Ranger, and all I can say is OH HELLL NO! I was expecting more red then burnt orange, expectations totally destroyed! So disappointed I can't get a red Maverick. So I am hoping I can still make color change at least.
That does look sorta like the pictures I've seen before on the Maverick with hot red pepper, look around on the forum and you can find pictures. Also you can change paint colors and other minor changes now as long as your order is currently UNSCHEDULED. Not sure you can add CP360 though at this point and you wont be able to convert your maverick to a ranger. If you want a ranger that would be a totally new order. You also can't changed form say XLT to Lariat or vs versa without going to the back of the priority line since you changed trims. See this thread : https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/hot-pepper-red-maverick-club.219/

Maybe you want Rapid Red, see this thread: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/rapid-red-maverick-club.1985/

OP
OP

Bshusker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that's what he said about moving to a Ranger, it would be a totally new order and I fully get that. Hot pepper red tint clearcoat was listed as what thar Ranger was, I will go look at it in day light tomorrow. If I am still getting a burnt orange look from it I will go to my second choice Charcoal gray. In the mean time think I am going back to the drawing board of research and compare Maverick and Ranger and see if I want to stick with my Maverick or start a new order with a Ranger.
That does look sorta like the pictures I've seen before on the Maverick with hot red pepper, look around on the forum and you can find pictures. Also you can change paint colors and other minor changes now as long as your order is currently UNSCHEDULED. Not sure you can add CP360 though at this point and you wont be able to convert your maverick to a ranger. If you want a ranger that would be a totally new order. You also can't changed form say XLT to Lariat or vs versa without going to the back of the priority line since you changed trims. See this thread : https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/hot-pepper-red-maverick-club.219/

Maybe you want Rapid Red, see this thread: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/rapid-red-maverick-club.1985/

OP
OP

Bshusker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh and yes my order is unscheduled, I ordered the 27th of December.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
20220225_211209.jpg

Must suck to be color blind ;)

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh and yes my order is unscheduled, I ordered the 27th of December.
Have you seen that truck in the sun light. Those lights are distorting the true color quite a bit it would appear.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like a red that makes the taillights, that are rather huge in comparison to the bed on the Maverick, blend in. The pepper red has enough orange in it, that it actually makes the tail lights contrast even more to the eye IMO.

The Rapid Red does a much better job of that and should have just been the standard red color if I were qween:
Ford Maverick Hot pepper red not even close to my expectations! PXL_20220205_191324909

Ford Maverick Hot pepper red not even close to my expectations! PXL_20220205_191318088

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no doubt about it, these are trying times

two ranger reds: Hot Pepper Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat and race red
think you may want to check out a Maverick to be sure

Last edited:
Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I saw "hot pepper red" this is the color I equated it to -

Ford Maverick Hot pepper red not even close to my expectations! 1645886853291

Ornamental pepper red - which is dang close and not a color I like. My wife's F-150 is Rapid Red which is a much better red.

You should be able to change the color but you can't add constrained items like CP360, Lux, SIBL, etc.

OP
OP

Bshusker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I saw "hot pepper red" this is the color I equated it to -

1645886853291.png

Ornamental pepper red - which is dang close and not a color I like. My wife's F-150 is Rapid Red which is a much better red.

You should be able to change the color but you can't add constrained items like CP360, Lux, SIBL, etc.
Yes you right, wish I did my homework on color better. Love the Rapid Red