Sponsored

Hot pepper red not even close to my expectations!

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, for better or worse I have ordered HP Red... Although in some lighting it does look way too darned orange for me.
No judgement here! Truth be told, I like all the colors. I went a-color (white) 🤣

If we could just get em built!
Sponsored

Bootstrap6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda 3 Hothatch Grand Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you think this is bad wait until you see what cyber orange is XD. A family member has hot pepper red on thier mav and its def orange. I like it though.

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I was deciding which color to order for my Maverick XLT back in July, it seemed like every picture I saw on websites had a different shade of Hot Pepper Red. I realized that lighting, angle, camera, and whatever else caused the variation in the true color of Hot Pepper Red. Prior to completing my order there weren't that many pictures of Hot Pepper Red Mavericks posted anywhere, so I took a shot and ordered it anyway. Luckily in real life it is truly more red than anything. It can still tint, shade, hue, or whatever can still either be lighter or darker, but not orange like the Maverick picture posted here.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Anytime you look at paint colors what you see is greatly affected by the lighting. Metallic paint colors will look way different under cloudy skies, blue skies, at dusk or after dark. They will look even more different under various types of artificial lighting (tungsten, fluorescent, various LEDs).

If you're looking at a photo online, then what you see is now being affected by 3 things: the lighting, the camera's adjustments to try to counteract that lighting and your display's adjustments to the already twice adjusted image spit out by the camera.

In addition, about 1 in 12 males suffers from some degree of color blindness, especially in the red/green areas.

The OPs images were shot in the dark, under weird dealership floodlights, then filtered thru a phone camera and each viewer's individual disply. Any resemblence to the actual paint color is purely coincidental.

Powered-by-Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2007 Mustang GT 2015 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We were in AZ last weekend and test drove a HPR XLT, because that's what we ordered last fall. In the Arizona sun it is Orange, a beautiful Orange, but Orange nonetheless. I expected a deeper color like "Sunset" from our 2015 Escape. When we arrived home, we changed our order to Gray. Just my experience...
Ford Maverick Hot pepper red not even close to my expectations! PXL_20220221_180556374~2

Sponsored

Powered-by-Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2007 Mustang GT 2015 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
BTW, the dealer was asking $8000 over the $25,000 sticker.

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seeing the color in person made me like it more. I did not want red or orange so I did not order, but I do like it. I was looking at a similar color that hyundai offered on an Elantra called Lava Orange and it looked more red in pictures, but very similar to HPR.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife and I are both Florida Gators. The color looks just about perfect and love how it changes in different lights (saw at a dealer before ordering). Just need to find a way to add a touch of Blue here and there ;)

Sponsored

Andy704

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rapid red is only available on a lariat first edition package, and I think all the first additions are spoken for, at least from what I see online, But it doesn’t hurt to ask.
That does look sorta like the pictures I've seen before on the Maverick with hot red pepper, look around on the forum and you can find pictures. Also you can change paint colors and other minor changes now as long as your order is currently UNSCHEDULED. Not sure you can add CP360 though at this point and you wont be able to convert your maverick to a ranger. If you want a ranger that would be a totally new order. You also can't changed form say XLT to Lariat or vs versa without going to the back of the priority line since you changed trims. See this thread : https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/hot-pepper-red-maverick-club.219/

Maybe you want Rapid Red, see this thread: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/rapid-red-maverick-club.1985/
[

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We were in AZ last weekend and test drove a HPR XLT, because that's what we ordered last fall. In the Arizona sun it is Orange, a beautiful Orange, but Orange nonetheless. I expected a deeper color like "Sunset" from our 2015 Escape. When we arrived home, we changed our order to Gray. Just my experience...
PXL_20220221_180556374~2.jpg
lol, looks bright red to me. :)

Jazzjms

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not seen Hot Pepper in person but ordered it for my yet-to-be-scheduled Lariat. The color looked more red in images I had seen at the time. I’ll learn to live with it should I ever get the truck.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
20220225_211209.jpg

I talked to my salesman today because I am kicking around about adding CP360 to my XLT and possibly kicking around the idea of moving up to a Ranger since my Maverick is about in Ranger price anyway. So he was telling me he doesn't know if I can make a change since the order banks are closed, he said he would have to talk to the manager and I might have to wait and redo my order for MY23 to change. So that would bring me to my next point and this is the first time I have seen this hot pepper red in person on this Ranger, and all I can say is OH HELLL NO! I was expecting more red then burnt orange, expectations totally destroyed! So disappointed I can't get a red Maverick. So I am hoping I can still make color change at least.
Oh you mean like School Bus Yellow! (I mean Cyber Orange) 🍊. I looked at the Ranger and said to myself that's more Orange than Red. That's what happens when you have to buy a Pig in a Poke