First Name
Hendricus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm wavering. I ordered a HPR Maverick based on some pics that showed it more red, but the burnt orange pics give me pause. I may stick with it, but I'm considering changing my order since my hybrid Lariat is still in the order pipeline.
I am considering going with Alto Blue...I still have time because I received no build email yesterday ;-)
Sponsored

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
I was going to go with the hot pepper red but I saw one picture somewhere where it looked more orange, which swayed me away from choosing it especially since it cost more. I wanted a true red, not reddish orange.

wish rapid red would have been available for the xlt!
I think it looks really nice... Better than "played out" red... But it would better if it were oranger yet.

OP
OP
Wx Man

Wx Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hendricus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Wx Man

Wx Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hendricus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did end up switching to Alto Blue. Everyone enjoy your Maverick...hoping for build date soon!

Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I fidgeted it around in Photoshop and did some color correction, and it appears its just a really shitty photo of Cyber Orange.
That's exactly what I thought. I've seen "real world" photos and it looks like the promo pics. Color shade varies a bit with the amount of light due to "tri-coat".

TMBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non Ford
Engine
Undecided
HPR is one of my top pics color wise. I have saved many photos from here and the FB Groups. Very few pics have a Orange tint to them and of course most are in direct sun light. Well, I parked next to one (first Mav in the wild for me) the other day and it was a very overcast day. Personal, I was disappointed in the color based on what I expected. More that burnt Orange as people mentioned and did not “pop” without the sun. Here is my Honda Element in Orange parked next to it for reference. Maybe it would be better in the sun light. Cactus Grey just moved up the ladder.

Ford Maverick Is this really Hot Pepper Red? 02304E8B-EA4B-460F-83F4-CF8CE6EC64A9

Ford Maverick Is this really Hot Pepper Red? FA5C4FCA-D54B-4ABE-B904-7C5617F0EE85

Ford Maverick Is this really Hot Pepper Red? 447823BE-B12B-4CBF-AFA4-A00C81558836

Ford Maverick Is this really Hot Pepper Red? 44D3C229-2A91-4108-86FF-47FD3491AA16

TMBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non Ford
Engine
Undecided
HPR is one of my top pics color wise. I have saved many photos from here and the FB Groups. Very few pics have a Orange tint to them and of course most are in direct sun light. Well, I parked next to one (first Mav in the wild for me) the other day and it was a very overcast day. Personal, I was disappointed in the color based on what I expected. More that burnt Orange as people mentioned and did not “pop” without the sun. Here is my Honda Element in Orange parked next to it for reference. Maybe it would be better in the sun light. Cactus Grey just moved up the ladder.

02304E8B-EA4B-460F-83F4-CF8CE6EC64A9.jpeg

FA5C4FCA-D54B-4ABE-B904-7C5617F0EE85.jpeg

447823BE-B12B-4CBF-AFA4-A00C81558836.jpeg

44D3C229-2A91-4108-86FF-47FD3491AA16.jpeg
Forgot to mention, you can zoom and see a Nissan Rouge in the background of a few pics…for sure a more burnt Orange. The HPR is way better than that Nissan color.

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More that burnt Orange as people mentioned and did not “pop” without the sun.
This seems to be the general consensus from what I've read and seen. While driving a couple of months ago I saw a HPR Ranger in bright sunlight and it had a strong red color with a hint of orange. However, almost everything from pics to comments indicates the orange tint stands out much more in overcast conditions. So be it.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go look at a real chili pepper. 🌶 Usually they are an orangish-red.

Sponsored

Hot pepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was going to go with the hot pepper red but I saw one picture somewhere where it looked more orange, which swayed me away from choosing it especially since it cost more. I wanted a true red, not reddish orange.

wish rapid red would have been available for the xlt!
The color changes as the light condition changes. The color changes from orange to red. If the sun doesn't shine it's more of a red color, at night it is a red.

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've found it to be more red in bright sunlight and more orange when overcast or in low light (as some others have stated). I almost balked and switched colors early on, but I'm enjoying the not-just-another-fire-engine-red red of my HPR. :)

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I saw a Maverick at the dealer in HPR. In bright direct sunlight it is indeed an orange-ish red. So if you are expecting a red-red, you might not like it. This picture I found of a Ranger is color accurate to my recollection of what it looked like to me in bright direct sunlight.

Ford Maverick Is this really Hot Pepper Red? hot pepper
Sponsored