Sponsored

hoping to short cut my way to a wheel and tire upgrade for my XL .......lil help?

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok knowledgeable folks. I will prepare myself to possibly get blasted by the use the search box police but with any luck at all I might just get away with this. I am handy yet I have never in my life upgraded wheels on any of my vehicles as I pretty much like the bone stock clean look. I have scanned every page of the wheel upgrade post and I have determined that I like the XLT wheel which I believe you guys consider the AWD wheel. I will do my best to enclose a pic. So here is my question or questions. Oh....my truck arrives this week.....but might get stuck at the dealer for the latest hybrid recall as my build date was May 16th. So my question is ....1. Can I use these upgraded wheel with my OEM cheapo tires or will I have to get new tires as well? I assume you will say the xl comes w 17's and maybe the XLT comes with 18's....but there I go assuming. I will continue to research that. 2. How much will a set of these upgraded wheels with a set of old guy mid tier good gas mileage tires run me....rough numbers. Lets assume my tires will be $150 each. I will try to look on the Ford site to see if I can locate these wheels. 3. Is anyone selling these wheel tire combo's or know someone who is? Thanks for any guidance. I see a ton of Toyota wheels that would look great on the Mav. but I stink at understanding this foreign language of bolt patterns and adapters.
Ford Maverick hoping to short cut my way to a wheel and tire upgrade for my XL .......lil help? 20230512_115350
Sponsored

OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do see this recent thread with a similar question that I am reading as well

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The rims in your picture are also 17 inch, the XL and XLT both come standard with 17" rims.
To my knowledge the Lariats and black appearance package are the only ones that came with 18" rims. I have always had good luck searching for used rims, but then prices can vary greatly. Rims from a bronco sport would also fit.

OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting I just read the entire thread that was recently posted asking similar questions and I learned a lot about the 100 or 102 or 104? Load rating issue. Mine is a hybrid XL and I just have to have those exact rims that I sent in the pics. So from what you are telling me is those will bolt right on my ride. If I get them from another Maverick owner will the TPMS automatically work from his tires and wheels or do I have to keep my original TPMS because they are programmed to talk to my trucks computer? Surely the different ones could be programmed.

OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Follow up question....will these tires and rims hurt my gas mileage? I cant imagine it would have too much affect....but I dont know anything about rims and tires.

Sponsored

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Follow up question....will these tires and rims hurt my gas mileage? I cant imagine it would have too much affect....but I dont know anything about rims and tires.
Find you a set of Bronco Sport rims. Look great and fairly cheap. I bought these for $500 with tires that had 80 miles on them.

Ford Maverick hoping to short cut my way to a wheel and tire upgrade for my XL .......lil help? 2019DF10-1E3E-44EF-BD63-E7383CDBDF87

OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your reply. How did you get the TPMS scenario to work? Did they reprogram for you? Have these new rims affected your mpg? I will look at Bronco sport wheels but I am dead set on the rims that I picked.

TheRef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with Donald, 18" Bronco Sport wheels look great on my 22 XLT. Even my dealership likes them.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if you will find too many people selling those wheels since they required specific optioning from the get-go with the exception of the Tremor which also uses the same wheels with a different finish.

OP
OP

jpv74

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the replies. Good point about my wheel selection. If I get a Bronco Sport wheel what do I need to do regarding TPMS?

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the new tires and rims are heavier it will take more energy to get them spinning some but not all of which will be recovered by Regen braking. How you drive will vary mpg more. The tread composition and pattern that has lower rolling resistance (not easily found on all tires) also enter into the picture. A lot of people change out OEM tires ASAP but the OEM tires are special run tread composition, etc that are designed specifically to provide softest quietest ride while test driving to buy the vehicle. So when you replace them just dropping in and buying a tire with the same name will most likely be different in some +/- detailing. You will have to special order the OEM edition I have a first edition hybrid maverick with Michelin primacy and on Michelin web site it shows that the Ford and Toyota versions are interchangeable in complete sets but not the other primacy versions. Does not say why but probably just different tread composition or pattern. Generic after market primacy show around 1/16" more tread.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes they will fit even with your existing tires and yes if you were to get a set complete with tpms should program automatically. Those were the “optional” wheels for awd ecoboost xlt/lariat that came with the slightly larger 235/65/17 falken a/t tires. To buy them new from ford is very costly and since they were optional as they would probably be hard to get someone to sell (however possible in the used salvage yards if’s you feel lucky)… Tremors use the same wheel but with different color accents

Ford Maverick hoping to short cut my way to a wheel and tire upgrade for my XL .......lil help? CFEAFCF3-061B-4FE5-BC62-4BCE40B16621
Sponsored