Sponsored

Hood Protection? Bug Shield / Hood Deflector, Film etc.

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my deflector yesterday, still waiting for my VB XLT Hybrid. I'm glad to see a good photo of one installed. It looks great, just what I need up here in Maine. Question: Can I assume that I would want to install mine before I get the truck waxed, to ensure maximum adhesion?
Yes, the self adhesive strips need to go on bare clean paint for maximum adhesion. My hood protector (the one without the deflector lip) came with instructions stating to clean with provided alcohol wipes (I think is what they were) to remove wax etc.
Sponsored

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, the self adhesive strips need to go on bare clean paint for maximum adhesion. My hood protector (the one without the deflector lip) came with instructions stating to clean with provided alcohol wipes (I think is what they were) to remove wax etc.
I had a deflector on my 2004 Ranger, already on it when I bought it used. It was screwed on and I removed it. I was hoping this one would also screw on but I guess that's old school. I'll be following the directions as soon I can get my truck in the garage, which won't be soon enough.

Hizzy8122

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my deflector yesterday, still waiting for my VB XLT Hybrid. I'm glad to see a good photo of one installed. It looks great, just what I need up here in Maine. Question: Can I assume that I would want to install mine before I get the truck waxed, to ensure maximum adhesion?
Probably. It is only 3m tape. I used to live in Brunswick Maine.

shizelbs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Got my Ford OEM aeroskin aligned, prepped, installed only to remove the protective film to find this...
Ford Maverick Hood Protection? Bug Shield / Hood Deflector, Film etc. B795FF94-2F3C-449C-916B-FE5CA4438FA3_1_105_c

Any advice? Alcohol didn't clean it off. Cash wash soap didn't clean it off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Akat396

First Name
Allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac grand prix GTP
I am wanting to use a deflector as well but have had zero luck finding one for the Mav.

I think I’ve searched all the normal locations on the net. Nada!
Hi, I found two on real truckhttps://realtruck.com/c/exterior-accessories/bug-shields/v/ford/maverick/2022/

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 SuperBeetle 2018 2022 Maverick XL

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will have XPEL installed once the Maverick is here.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im ordering the invisible film and installing it myself. Under $50. Maverick is not too curvaceous so should be easy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/XPEL-ULTIM...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Shay! an update please. Looked at PPF for the first time and the Lamin-X is pre shape but not as good as the XPEL-Ultimate. Was it really easy and can you post descriptions. Priced a really highly recommended play 30 miles away, but the price was $925 for standard and would work with me. But sh-t can save at least $600 if the stuff goes on well and pay someone good $200 to cut and install it. Seems for that price 1 roll would cover the front of the hood and bumper. A second roll for the front bumper with lots left over.

Shay ! please, how did it go and pictures.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Within 2500 miles I now have two rock chips in my windshield which is crazy to me. My CRV which I owned for a few years never had an issue like this. I am thinking about getting a hood deflector from Ford, current deflector owners have you seen an increase in hood shake while driving?

Hizzy8122

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Within 2500 miles I now have two rock chips in my windshield which is crazy to me. My CRV which I owned for a few years never had an issue like this. I am thinking about getting a hood deflector from Ford, current deflector owners have you seen an increase in hood shake while driving?
There was a butt load of shake for me. I adjusted the bumpers and added...The Stop Shop Fuel Hose 30R7...

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Already have the hood shake, so 🤷‍♂️ why not 😁
I think there might be some truth to this…..I added a bug deflector last week and my hood seems to shake a lot more. Crazy, I never thought about until I read this thread.

Jorba

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid LUX
I have the low profile smoke deflector, no hood shake for me as of yet, Hopefully never. Thought about getting those MRT hood struts, wonder if they would make a big difference in shake.
Sponsored