Sponsored

Hood Protection? Bug Shield / Hood Deflector, Film etc.

SBB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A word of caution - as I was reading through this forum about a pronounced hood shake, I found a post where Ford acknowledged that the hood air deflector may be a contributing factor. I'd be curious if someone with NO hood shake added a hood deflector and then started to experience hood shake, or vice versa.

I had the hood deflector ordered for my Maverick. Back ordered, I had to wait. I had approx 2300 miles on mine before they installed the deflector. It was installed on a Thursday evening and I drove the few miles hyome.
Friday morning I left for a long trip. I now have hood shake! Never before the deflector was added but I have it now.
It's a fact, no def;ector no hood shake. Deflector installed, bad hood shake at speed!

SBB
Sponsored

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
A word of caution - as I was reading through this forum about a pronounced hood shake, I found a post where Ford acknowledged that the hood air deflector may be a contributing factor. I'd be curious if someone with NO hood shake added a hood deflector and then started to experience hood shake, or vice versa.
I have hoodshake ever since getting the deflector. I had 400 miles in without any hoodshake before i installed it.

gstiglitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What type of hood protection are you thinking about adding to your Maverick?
- Film
- Low provide deflector
-"Standard" height deflector

I'm thinking a low profile deflector.
I'm going to use vinyl carbon wrap for front of hood and lower panel of doors for protection. Had used it on my 2013 Kia soul.

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

CGMaverick

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Hood Deflector.jpg

Only bought two Ford products upon ordering: hood and window air deflectors. I do 50 miles of commute at 80 mph on the same freeway as a bunch of other commuters and delivery trucks kicking up rocks and debris, so the goal was to avoid some of those rocks and car parts from bouncing up to my hood and windshield. I like the way they break up the color as well.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/maverick-2022-lund-aeroskin-ii-black-textured-hood-protector
Do you experience any hood shake after adding the hood deflector?

Sponsored

Jcaudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious, if anyone knows is the hood shake happening with both types of the Aeroskin deflectors? Or is it only the textured one with the lip in the middle?

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious, if anyone knows is the hood shake happening with both types of the Aeroskin deflectors? Or is it only the textured one with the lip in the middle?
I have low profile smoked color one and do NOT have a hood shake issue at all. Can’t speak to the other type.

Jcaudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have low profile smoked color one and do NOT have a hood shake issue at all. Can’t speak to the other type.
That's what I was wondering... Obviously just speculating, buy maybe it's a issue with the Textured deflector catching wind at high speeds?

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am wanting to use a deflector as well but have had zero luck finding one for the Mav.

I think I’ve searched all the normal locations on the net. Nada!
Should be able to order a smoked or textured from ford its an option I ordered on mine if I ever get it!!!

Okpete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape 2018/ maverick lariat
I am wanting to use a deflector as well but have had zero luck finding one for the Mav.

I think I’ve searched all the normal locations on the net. Nada!
Try Lund or ford dealer 15% off

Sponsored

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you experience any hood shake after adding the hood deflector?
Can't comment on what the truck drove like before deflector as it was installed before I picked it up. To answer your question about hood shake, it's been an ongoing issue. This is my truck:

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the textured one and right away i noticed it. Today I made several changes adjusting the rubber pieces same shake at 80/85

Retiredguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick,2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Ec

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Hood Shake at 80/85…………well okay!

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just installed my hood deflector today

20211126_124049.jpg
Got my deflector yesterday, still waiting for my VB XLT Hybrid. I'm glad to see a good photo of one installed. It looks great, just what I need up here in Maine. Question: Can I assume that I would want to install mine before I get the truck waxed, to ensure maximum adhesion?
Sponsored