Cannonsea

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Or

or, I could key my key fob in a lockbox in the truck, use my door press buttons to open the Maverick and press the button to start and go. I’ll always know where my fob is and I don’t have to put the key in. Win-win? :)
LOL well I do want to lock it when I leave it...there is that :)
Sponsored

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL well I do want to lock it when I leave it...there is that :)
That's why lock it with the keypad. The keypad knows if you use it to lock the truck with the key inside and will only unlock with the keypad.

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally worth the wait for me, and I waited a little over 6 months.

The truck is everything that I wanted, and more. I especially love the fuel efficiency and (very unexpectedly) the eCVT. Very smooth power. Handles well in the snow. Carries all of my stuff. Comfortable ride. Not pretentious—just a great small truck!

Dislikes? Not many come to mind, aside from very minor niggles. The brake pedal is a little touchy, but I’m mostly used to it now. I wish that I could leave it in eco mode, rather than set it each time I start the truck. That’s about it.
Still waiting on delivery here, but I just know that having to reset to eco mode each time I start the truck is gonna get old real fast. I bought the Maverick primarily because I wanted to max the MPG. It's disappointing that Ford didn't figure out what a PITA resetting modes at each start up was gonna be for some buyers.

Goose..you there?

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
300 miles into my Hybrid. So far its been perfect for MY needs. I can throw surfboards and mtn bikes into the bed, make random Home Depot runs and get 40MPG!! This replaced a very well used/old Expedition and its been everything I hoped for....so far.

As someone else mentioned, I do wish I could default to eco mode. Other than that it drives great, is surprisingly quiet (Lariat windshield??), apple car play is really cool, none of my other vehicles has that.

Overall, its SUPER practical and thats what I needed/wanted. I've got my motorcycle & Jeep to get stupid with.
Well having had a 2008 Prius and a 2012 Prius and a 2017 Ioniq all I can say about eco mode is it sucks! I have never driven a Maverick so it may be much different, in my 08 the car drove well..fast forward and Toyota is trying to squeeze a few more mpg out of the car and now it defaults to eco…yuck! Drove like a dog. I had to put the car in sport mode just to keep up, maybe Fords settings are better, and maybe you guys that want that can use Forscan to make that change. Here‘s hoping we all get what we want! Lol At this point I would almost take a bright pink Maverick just to have one! haha

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As someone else mentioned, I do wish I could default to eco mode. Other than that it drives great, is surprisingly quiet (Lariat windshield??), apple car play is really cool, none of my other vehicles has that.
I wonder if there is an aftermarket opportunity for a hydraulic finger to push the eco button that is activated by oil pressure every time you start the engine?

Sponsored

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
Over the years I have bought economy work cars every three years or so. I drive all over Los Angeles from hospital to hospital, surgery to surgery with implants and instruments for joint replacements. Well the very first day the Maverick was announced I placed a reservation and six month later my hybrid made it to the dealer. I'm not the best person for a mpg test but it looks like 38 so far in mixed driving at about 400 miles. What a perfect vehical for my job, if I had this over the last 35 years I would have a lot more money saved. Also it not embarrassing like some of my prior economy cars, the XLT interior and velocity blue exterior looks great. The price and economy of the Maverick make it the modern day model T pickup.

SoCal OG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well having had a 2008 Prius and a 2012 Prius and a 2017 Ioniq all I can say about eco mode is it sucks! I have never driven a Maverick so it may be much different, in my 08 the car drove well..fast forward and Toyota is trying to squeeze a few more mpg out of the car and now it defaults to eco…yuck! Drove like a dog. I had to put the car in sport mode just to keep up, maybe Fords settings are better, and maybe you guys that want that can use Forscan to make that change. Here‘s hoping we all get what we want! Lol At this point I would almost take a bright pink Maverick just to have one! haha
Having had a Prius, this Eco mode is much better. The big difference I have noticed is that when you take your foot off the gas the car definitely slows down much faster than when in normal. The regen must be much stronger in eco mode.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Winter tires make all the difference. A FWD vehicle with winters can perform better then an AWD with all seasons. I will be putting a good set of winters on my Hybrid.
No doubt winter tires help tremendously. As far as better than awd with all seasons don't think so. I had a fwd VW Passat with dedicated new snow tires on rims. Much better but not as good as my Acura AWD RDX with all season tires. Maybe depends on the vehicle.

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The main thing that all wheel drive does better is to get you going. If you don't think you can get stuck with all wheel drive, think again. Ground clearance is a major concern for one. I've been stuck in my driveway with my Subaru because it was high centered on too deep of snow. Then you get the big 4 wheel drive trucks who think they're impervious to the snow and slick and you pass them a couple of miles down the road lying on their tops. Good tires and common sense are two of the best things you can have when it comes to driving in the snow and ice ;)

MaverickHybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid driving in Sport mode is surprisingly fun. I'm trying to figure out how many gears are being simulated. Mpg in this mode is around 34 which I consider amazing given how eager the engine and motors are to deliver the requested hp and ft-lbs. Wow!

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if there is an aftermarket opportunity for a hydraulic finger to push the eco button that is activated by oil pressure every time you start the engine?
I don't mind that I have to select default mode. I had to in my previous car. I figure it takes just a few seconds longer than pushing the button on the keyfob to get the key sticking out and insert and start the Maverick than it does to press Mode 4 times, press brake off button and select a R or D. Afterall your hand has to go in the vicinity anyway. I timed it at about 7 seconds. I would rather spend the time doing it than have to ad on an external oil line and a finger. And Yes, I know now days it's easy to get the finger.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. I think its worth it. Fuel efficient, practical, 4 doors, carry stuff. Now that I actually have it, it was worth the wait. It will be for you too. Be positive!

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't mind that I have to select default mode. I had to in my previous car. I figure it takes just a few seconds longer than pushing the button on the keyfob to get the key sticking out and insert and start the Maverick than it does to press Mode 4 times, press brake off button and select a R or D. Afterall your hand has to go in the vicinity anyway. I timed it at about 7 seconds. I would rather spend the time doing it than have to ad on an external oil line and a finger. And Yes, I know now days it's easy to get the finger.
Was under the impression the action of putting it into gear turns off the electronic parking brake.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was under the impression the action of putting it into gear turns off the electronic parking brake.
The parking brake will go off if you push on the gas. The truck will move with some hesitation and the park brake will go off. I choose NOT to have that be forced off but instead turn it off with my finger (I did that with my Volt so used to it). "BRAKE" is lit up at bottom of speedometer if on. I have never noticed it turning off if I put it in gear.

Everyone should choose what they like. Push down or used the gas pedal.

Ohlawddd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As many of us are still sitting here waiting for a build date for our hybrid maverick. Honestly from those that have them are they worth
the wait. What are your likes and dislikes?
500 Miles in, 0 optioned XLT. The truck is everything I expected and more, From all the YouTube content there is nothing I have been disappointed about. It just keeps getting better and better every day. Since there isnt much to whine about ill just talk about my few gripes. The sound system is ABSOLUTLEY TERRIBLE. however nothing $150.00 worth of speakers cant fix. Iv owned only base models my whole life and this is by far the worst. Not having defrost for the mirrors or rear windows is a minor inconvenience. And lastly I wish there was a better display for the hybrid system and the battery charge with the non sync 3 system. I have never test driven any new car I've owned, and this is the only one that exceeded my expectations.
Sponsored