First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Frontier; 2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will a Cyber Orange Maverick (or ANY discontinued color) be more valuable to future buyers? I donā€™t plan on selling mine but curious if anyone thinks it might help or hurt the resale value. Iā€™m confident that the ā€˜24 price increase will do more to keep value up than colors, but wanted your feedback.
I've noticed after they discontinued Cyber Orange, that it is on some Rangers, and other vehicles in Ford's lineup, on commercials, and advertisements. I wanted it on my truck, and hope to see it soon. IT WAS FINALLY BUILT 7-14-2023!!! Waiting for shipment now...

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cyber Orange is the most seen color in advertising, it is eye catching, warm, and just screams FUN. Heck they are even using it as the center stage maverick in the e-mail for 2024 confirmation even though it is no longer available.

Ford Maverick Discontinued colors opinion 1689693267064

I think it is a big mistake of not being able to get it in this color. It is like saying you can't get a Mustang in Red.

vincent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
VIncent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Alto Blue Metallic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Soo glad I got my 22 Alto blue Lariat ....doesn't look like they are giving users the ability to choose what they want....I didn't want the lux package...glad I have the rear window and door keypad....I think I would have rethought getting the lariat if I was forced to pay for add ons I did not want

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I really like my Alto Blue. It is a shame they discontinued it. Most people see it as black unless it is early in the morning or late in the evening. In my humble opinion, the fact that a color is discontinued doesn't really factor into resale value. In some cases it might even help. The condition of the truck is the major contribution to value.

Sponsored

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford if you are listening, bring back some colors from the 70s. Grabber blue, the dark green of the bullitt mustang, a pale yellow. I am sure there are others but I would have been all over a grabber blue.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Rapid Red, Velocity Blue, Area 51 and Alto Blue were all great color that will make the early Mavericks stand out even more.

SuperDAD1058

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree with this ā˜
And polarizing colors may affect the number of potential buyers of a used vehicle.
I have a hard time with all these "flat" colors that are out there. Metallic colors seem so much better. I don't think I'd ever buy a non-metallic color if I had any choice.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you want a decent comparison, go look up the value of something like a 25 year old Ford Ranger Splash - you know the one with the flaresides, they were kinda limited back in the day. They're cheap af. Nobody is going to give a damn how "limited" your paint color is 25 years from now, because no one is going to care enough about the Maverick to make it valuable. It's not a collectors item. We didn't buy a Porsche 911 Sport Classic or something - we bought an entry level pickup truck, nothing more.

/rant

Sponsored
OP
OP

AncientMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid XLT Cactus Grey, 23 Hybrid XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want a decent comparison, go look up the value of something like a 25 year old Ford Ranger Splash - you know the one with the flaresides, they were kinda limited back in the day. They're cheap af. Nobody is going to give a damn how "limited" your paint color is 25 years from now, because no one is going to care enough about the Maverick to make it valuable. It's not a collectors item. We didn't buy a Porsche 911 Sport Classic or something - we bought an entry level pickup truck, nothing more.

/rant
Well dang, I was hoping to get fabulously rich in 20 yearsā€¦ šŸ˜

OP
OP

AncientMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid XLT Cactus Grey, 23 Hybrid XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BTW I have tradesmen knocking on my door every month trying to buy my 99 Ranger, itā€™s crazy!
Sponsored