Sponsored

Looking for accessory guidance from current owners.

capecruiser

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger lariat, 1931 Ford , 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Contact Alex Pendleton and tell him you are a member of the Maverick Truck Club and he will give you a large discount.
FYI ,Alex is no longer in that department. If you want a discount you need to call them and say your from MTC. Bret
Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My A51 XLT hybrid has shipped and is expected in 3-5 weeks (woo!)

I know that I want the following accessories:
* Drop in bed liner
* Tonneau cover (probably bakflip based on research here and in reddit)
* Dashcam

For those who have already had these accessories installed, any advice on whether to order before delivery or after delivery? From the dealer or aftermarket? I've read that I'll have enough fordpass points after the vehicle purchase to cover some or all of one accessory... So presumably something will have to be ordered after I drive my mav home.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Don't think I'll ever have another DIBL after having the spray in one. I went with inexpensive rollup tonneau from evilbay, just so it doesn't have to be removed if I haul something that needs the whole bed. I've seen some of the hard folding tonneau covers that I think I would like better, just not willing to spend that much. I added the hood deflector, tailgate lettering, tailgate assist (love that thing), extra bed cubby, and some other minor things. You're gonna love the truck.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had originally planned on the BakFlip for mine but went with the UnderCover Ultra Flex. Extremely Pleased, you may want to consider it. As a suggestion since you mentioned it in your post, anything expensive you may want to hold off until you have possession of the truck. Unfortunate things happen....totaled in shipping, dealer sells it to someone else, they decide their adding ADM to it regardless - all these have happened to members of this forum. Just a thought... Oh, and I think your gonna love the little truck !!

https://undercoverinfo.com/product-detail/UX22032/ultra-flex-22-maverick

https://realtruck.com/p/undercover-ultra-flex-tonneau-cover/udc-ux22032/

OP
OP

ashancock

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought I'd weigh back in since this thread got pulled back from the archives. Had the truck for 5 months now and have put just over 4000 miles on it (we don't drive a lot). Love the truck! We ended up getting:
  • Husky floor mats — the fit is good and they've held up well. Took them out a couple times to spray them clean and am thankful my truck floor didn't have all that gunk in it.
  • Ford drop in bed liner — I know a lot of people swear by the spray in liner, but the drop in went on sale and was a healthy chunk cheaper than the spray option. I have no complaints. The dealer installed it for $60 (and told me they'd never do it again because it took so long) and I have had zero problems with it since. Things slide around without a rubber mat or a 2x6 in the back, but I think the spray liner would have the same issue?
  • Truxedo Pro X15 - ended up going with the rollup cover (the fabric one) because I liked the slimmer profile when it is rolled up. Also have been very happy with it. After setting it up, it has stayed aligned and required no adjustment from me. I've also had no issues with water when it's rolled down.
  • Lund aeroskin — happy with how this looks, and it has stayed on well, but I will say the installation wipe they provide messes up the clear coat so I have a small section just above the deflector that is a little more matte looking than the rest of the finish. Kind of annoyed there was no warning about that on the package.
Also shout out to RealTruck who were easy to work with and gave a discount for being a member of the forum.

Sponsored

Gotmav1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"In channel" side window defectors are my preference also, but I've yet to fine anyone who manufacturers them yet, all I've found are the Ford/Lund and AVS brands that are stick on. I keep waiting on WeatherTech but they still don't make them yet, even though it appears at first glance on their website that they do. If anyone knows of any that are available please advise.

weathertech.jpg
I also prefer in channel BUT... the last ones I installed on our Honda CRV increased air noise substantially....Just sayin. Just not going there at all on the Mav.

Modr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"In channel" side window defectors are my preference also, but I've yet to fine anyone who manufacturers them yet, all I've found are the Ford/Lund and AVS brands that are stick on. I keep waiting on WeatherTech but they still don't make them yet, even though it appears at first glance on their website that they do. If anyone knows of any that are available please advise.

weathertech.jpg
RealTruck.com has smoked and matte black in-channel window deflectors from EGR. We purchased them and they are really nice.

Modr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI ,Alex is no longer in that department. If you want a discount you need to call them and say your from MTC. Bret
Santana Lee, worked with me and it was definitely worth the call.

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted an OEM bed mat for my Lariat and the price at the online dealer was good, but the shipping was stiff. It was cheaper at the local Ford dealer as they didn't have a shipping fee! Don't just shop price, don't forget possible shipping cost too

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My A51 XLT hybrid has shipped and is expected in 3-5 weeks (woo!)

I know that I want the following accessories:
* Drop in bed liner
* Tonneau cover (probably bakflip based on research here and in reddit)
* Dashcam

For those who have already had these accessories installed, any advice on whether to order before delivery or after delivery? From the dealer or aftermarket? I've read that I'll have enough fordpass points after the vehicle purchase to cover some or all of one accessory... So presumably something will have to be ordered after I drive my mav home.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Is there a reason why you want a drop in bed liner as opposed to a spray in bed liner? A SIBL will last you much longer than a slippery DIBL.

Get a hard top tri-fold tonneau cover. Do not get a canvas one.

Sponsored

FJM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick floor mats I think are worth it. I’d research all types of tonneau covers. I found a hard trifold under $700 from Rough Country, I like it. The tailgate assist is a cheap fun DIY project and it works great. I had gotten the sprayed in from the beginning so I didn’t have to deal with making a choice after the fact. My next purchase will be the bed extender. The one Ford has is about $369 dollars and similar ones on Amazon are about $179. I guess the main thing is what kind of things you will utilize your truck for. Everyone is different, just keep researching and enjoy making it your own.

Modr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted an OEM bed mat for my Lariat and the price at the online dealer was good, but the shipping was stiff. It was cheaper at the local Ford dealer as they didn't have a shipping fee! Don't just shop price, don't forget possible shipping cost too
Did you send an email to Santana Lee and let him know you are a member of the MTC? If you do and tell him what you are interested in, it may be just the thing to persuade you to order from them. When I ordered the Full Bedrug, I think not only did they offer nicely discounted price but shipping was free. However, YMMV because I don't see on their site, free shipping anymore for orders over a certain amount. Based on what you have experienced indeed, you have to look at the total cost, which includes tax and shipping. Good luck to you.

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I am quite confused. I bought the bed mat a year ago locally as Levitown? had high shipping because the mat was a bit heavy. I don't know who you are referring to

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't think I'll ever have another DIBL after having the spray in one. I went with inexpensive rollup tonneau from evilbay, just so it doesn't have to be removed if I haul something that needs the whole bed. I've seen some of the hard folding tonneau covers that I think I would like better, just not willing to spend that much. I added the hood deflector, tailgate lettering, tailgate assist (love that thing), extra bed cubby, and some other minor things. You're gonna love the truck.
I made the switch to a hard folding tonneau, found a used one for 1/3 price of new. Think I’m gonna store the soft roll up rather than sell it to make sure the hard trifold is what I really want
Sponsored