Sponsored

Honda/Toyota buyers seeing the "Light"??

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Honda and Toyota owner here. I'm taking my chance with Ford because the Maverick meets everything I need in a vehicle. I'm hoping the Maverick will be reliable.

I drove a 2001 V6 Accord to 350k miles before I traded it in and bought a brand new Civic in 2013. Currently over 200k miles on the Civic. Wife is driving a 2014 Sienna at 150k miles.
I'm coming from a 2002 Accord. The 98-02 Accords are iconic.
Sponsored

bringbackthe70s

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My last car was an 06 Scion Xb. It was perfect. It did everything I needed it to and more. I wasn't even in the market for a new car, but the maverick hybrid is the first thing since the Xb that seems to fit my life and what I need it for perfectly. That being said, If Toyota releases a comparison, I can't say that I won't be tempted depending on price, size, mpg, and the overall look of it. I'm not worried though, I love my maverick.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everybody can blowhard opinions just like I am.

Simple fact is Ford created a new auto market segment.

Think this way:

Model T

F150

Mustang

Explorer

Maverick

Catch up bitches.
Agreed

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bean counters and suits still want to sell $60,000.00+ vehicles. The Maverick is seen by them as loss leader.
Source for it as a loss leader?

Sponsored

Fitzovich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they come up with a decent and reasonably priced alternative to the Maverick I will certainly look at them. Until then there isn’t much choice.

hdrider02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I think people are seeing the prices of Honda and Toyota isn’t worth it when you add fuel consumption . The taco is soon to be fossil when it comes to getting good Mpg . Their next taco better be hybrid or I don’t see as many new buyers .
Toyota has already said that everyone of their vehicles will have a hybrid available engine by 2025.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm coming from a 2018 Rav4 and this will be my first Ford, truck, and hybrid. Unfortunately this will also most likely be my last Ford and will switch to a competitor if they have one when its time to purchase again. I've had it with their incompetence. I am also a Ford stockholder and the stock was doing great for awhile with all of these new models that they couldn't build fast enough! Unfortunately...they couldn't build them fast enough and now their stock is tanking.
I'm not sure it's fair to say the stock is tanking... It had a bit of a bump around this time last year (as did the overall market); while it's below that now (down 37% YTD) it's still above its five year average. Also remember that others like Tesla (down nearly 50% YTD) and GM (down 37% YTD) are doing about the same.

Ford Maverick Honda/Toyota buyers seeing the "Light"?? Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 8.56.58 AM

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Coming from a 2006 Element (which I still own) this is the neatest swiss army knife truck on the market.
I don't see Honda playing (they really don't understand American Trucks) but I see Toyota and maybe GM get into this market.
Ford snookered all of them again, like in April of 1964. If only they could get enough materials and proper logistics :(

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Source for it as a loss leader?
Yea I don't know if it's a loss leader (probably the EcoSport). But it's definitely not the big profit of the F series.

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honda and Toyota owner here. I'm taking my chance with Ford because the Maverick meets everything I need in a vehicle. I'm hoping the Maverick will be reliable.

I drove a 2001 V6 Accord to 350k miles before I traded it in and bought a brand new Civic in 2013. Currently over 200k miles on the Civic. Wife is driving a 2014 Sienna at 150k miles.
This right here. Have been a Honda owner for 23 years until my 2014 Honda Accord LX-MT was diagnosed with pistons that burn oil. Mechanic told me it wasn't worth it to rebuild and that I'd just have to drive around with extra quarts of oil in my car and check the oil every week. Screw that - with a new grandson and a property purchase in GA I needed reliability, something that may have gone by the wayside. Honda ain't what it used to be, I'm afraid to say.

Took a big chance buying a Maverick, sight unseen and untested.

11,200 miles in - I'm hoping for a long and harmonious relationship with my first Ford/first truck. If Ford can pull that off, they'll have a customer for life.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Coming from a 2006 Element (which I still own) this is the neatest swiss army knife truck on the market.
I don't see Honda playing (they really don't understand American Trucks) but I see Toyota and maybe GM get into this market.
Ford snookered all of them again, like in April of 1964. If only they could get enough materials and proper logistics :(
If Honda had brought back the Element I would have gone that route, but Honda doesn't listen to its customers so screw them.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah imagine what could be done if Ford could actually produce enough of them.... I think they could easily sell 150-180K a year
I believe 300K a year would sell right now.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anybody want to play "Antics with Semantics" with mtd14?
If so, it's your turn. I'm out.
Sponsored