Deacon Blues

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Fit, 1997 F150
Ughhh, why is this stupid thread still going 🙄
It's still going because people still want to read/post about this topic.
Think it's stupid? There's an easy solution.....stop clicking on the link to this thread. ;)

Back to the thread topic....
I have the opportunity in the next week to purchase a Maverick Lariat ecoboost, with a sun roof, 4k towing, and the lux package.
The price of this loaded Maverick is within striking distance of the base Honda Ridgeline. If I were comparing a Maverick XLT with the same options as the Sport (base) Ridgeline it would be an apples to oranges comparison, since up here in Canada the difference in MSRP is substantial.
A XLT with the tow package is $33,845 (includes shipping), while the Ridgeline Sport is $45,838
I've driven both vehicles and I liked both of them but there is no way the Ridgeline is worth an extra $12,000.
But, the Lariat I'm looking at is $43,110, which puts the base Ridgeline at $2735 more. That makes the decision more difficult.

mikelowrey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Told a rival Dad that owns a Honda Ridgeline that he can borrow a real truck anytime when my Maverick arrives.
the comments on this post are hilarious 😂😂😂

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's still going because people still want to read/post about this topic.
Think it's stupid? There's an easy solution.....stop clicking on the link to this thread. ;)

Back to the thread topic....
I have the opportunity in the next week to purchase a Maverick Lariat ecoboost, with a sun roof, 4k towing, and the lux package.
The price of this loaded Maverick is within striking distance of the base Honda Ridgeline. If I were comparing a Maverick XLT with the same options as the Sport (base) Ridgeline it would be an apples to oranges comparison, since up here in Canada the difference in MSRP is substantial.
A XLT with the tow package is $33,845 (includes shipping), while the Ridgeline Sport is $45,838
I've driven both vehicles and I liked both of them but there is no way the Ridgeline is worth an extra $12,000.
But, the Lariat I'm looking at is $43,110, which puts the base Ridgeline at $2735 more. That makes the decision more difficult.
If rear seat room is important to you, check the RL carefully. When I had the driver seat adjusted to me (6'4"), I could NOT fit at all in the back seat behind me. Honda designed cupholders in the rear door panels that prevent you from spreading your knees around the front seat back. Really bad design, IMO. If you are small, and/or have small kids, probably no concerns. Just FYI... Made it a quick pass for me.

Sponsored

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I LOVED my '06 Ridgeline that met an untimely end due to "user error" back in January 2020. I'd be buying another one if the Maverick hadn't come along with the enticement of a lower price and the hybrid engine and its now estimated 42 city MPG.

I drove Fords for the first 26 or so years of my driving life ('76 Maverick, '86 Tempo, '86 Taurus and '96 Windstar) before ending up with a Ridgeline. Love the AWD and how it rode and handled.

I hope my Maverick will be as trusty as my Ridgeline was, and if the Maverick hybrid eventually gets AWD, I may trade up.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If my garage was bigger I'd have an F250. I love me some 6500# truck.

Mav fits in garage. Sooooo thats the ticket.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I LOVED my '06 Ridgeline that met an untimely end due to "user error" back in January 2020. I'd be buying another one if the Maverick hadn't come along with the enticement of a lower price and the hybrid engine and its now estimated 42 city MPG.

I drove Fords for the first 26 or so years of my driving life ('76 Maverick, '86 Tempo, '86 Taurus and '96 Windstar) before ending up with a Ridgeline. Love the AWD and how it rode and handled.

I hope my Maverick will be as trusty as my Ridgeline was, and if the Maverick hybrid eventually gets AWD, I may trade up.
Yeah, the gen 1 Ridgelines were great, I had a couple, and enjoyed them very much. I thought they (Honda) took a step back with the gen 2, but that's JMO.

Bn1970

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-2L/250hp, Honda-1.5L/190hp, Mazda-1.6L/270hp.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've leased 4 ridgelines. 07 to 19. Same mpg as full size domestics. otherwise very well thought out truck. but, honda canada is on crack if they think I'm paying $46K for a base model when a maverick turbo/awd is $31K.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Honda's insane pricing is ultimately why I'm moving away from the brand for now. My Accord has been bulletproof though.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, I'll bite. Just what do you think the Ridgeline is missing compared to a Maverick?

Heck, if money was no object, I'd have a Ridgeline sitting in the driveway right now.

HRG
I agree with you 100%
Sponsored