Sponsored

Help with keeping neighbor cats away

Deleted member 6544

Where I live there is a leash law for both cats and dogs. If your area has the same tell the neighbor the cat is urinating on your vehicle and the next time it happens you'll call animal control, (get video evidence to show said neighbor)
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some will not like this but if they are on your property, kill them and bury them. Don't tell anyone and the neighbors will think they just ran away. You may not believe this but I happen to like cats and had them as pets in the past but don't hold them equal to humans like some do for their pets.
Not cool.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m pretty obsessive about my vehicles. Detailing is one of my hobbies. My new Maverick is a daily driver that’s is kept in my carport. Have a garage but it’s full of my collection. Recently had some cats coming around at night (caught it on my Ring camera) that are getting on the tonneau, top, and hood. Even PISSING ON MY WINDSHIELD! I’m gonna try repellent and mothballs. Anybody got any surefire methods short of lethal means that have worked????
Get a bigger, meaner cat. My wife's rat terrier would chase anything away including raccoons, possums, other dogs, anything. But I suppose any stupid little dog would work for that.
Pissing on the windshield?! That's a weird cat and has to go. Even the final solution.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get a bigger, meaner cat. My wife's rat terrier would chase anything away including raccoons, possums, other dogs, anything. But I suppose any stupid little dog would work for that.
Pissing on the windshield?! That's a weird cat and has to go. Even the final solution.
Yeah, there are limits.
Over the years, I've seen some feral possibly rabid cats that do weird stuff like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ringo

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks so much for the input. I’m finding it very hard to turn the other cheek this time. I’m all about live and let live but this is more than I can tolerate. Neighbors that “rescue strays”. (Aren’t 90 % of cats strays that just show up and demand to be fed then decide they are more or less home?).
Im putting a live trap with tuna bait out tonight and will see what happens. This new guy has got to go!! Will let y’all know. I’ve also put out some spray the farmers co-op recommended. Will have to depend on the Ring camera to see. But if it happens again I’ll have to go all Carl Spackler on it!! Even if it means going dark to to take care of it.

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Easy. Got a dog. Solved. NEXT!

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some will not like this but if they are on your property, kill them and bury them. Don't tell anyone and the neighbors will think they just ran away. You may not believe this but I happen to like cats and had them as pets in the past but don't hold them equal to humans like some do for their pets.
Why bury them and instead go old school and make banjo skins out of ole sylvester.

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a neighbor cat coming in my back yard crapping and getting under my shed. I trapped it for 2 days then washed him well with water. Set him free and I've never seen him again. You could trap it, put in under your tonneau cover for a few hours while you drive around. Walk around your property while beating on the sides of the trap. Spray with water. Then let it go. It might just stay away. He will fear your house.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep the Maverick. Sell the house.

🙃

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a neighbor cat coming in my back yard crapping and getting under my shed. I trapped it for 2 days then washed him well with water. Set him free and I've never seen him again.
^ An inspiring story of reform.

Walk around your property while beating on the sides of the trap. Spray with water. Then let it go. It might just stay away. He will fear your house.
^ If that fails, follow with waterboarding.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m pretty obsessive about my vehicles. Detailing is one of my hobbies. My new Maverick is a daily driver that’s is kept in my carport. Have a garage but it’s full of my collection. Recently had some cats coming around at night (caught it on my Ring camera) that are getting on the tonneau, top, and hood. Even PISSING ON MY WINDSHIELD! I’m gonna try repellent and mothballs. Anybody got any surefire methods short of lethal means that have worked????
I would suggest a quality truck (car) cover. A little extra work each evening, but you did say you are obsessed about your vehicles. Also, cats tend to ovoid bright light; try a bright motion light.
Sponsored