First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Accord, 70 Mustang Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was thinking about ordering the Hybrid XLT lux pack from a dealer. I do not have a reservation and was hoping to get this vehicle by end of year. After reading on here that seems it will very unlikely.

Called around to some dealers and was able to secure an XLT Eco AWD with lux package. This will be @ $3000 more than the model I was looking at. I really probably do not need the AWD. The more powerful eco engine may be an easier transition from my 2016 Honda Accor with V6. Very smooth and powerful ride.

I am fortunate enough to get the Z plan so my cost will be 6% under MSRP.

If i had a somewhat firm date I would wait. But having a Bronco reservation I know that can turn south quickly.

So I am leaning toward just going with AWD Eco for now just to see if I like the vehicle. If I do like it I may then just place an order for the hybrid and sell the Eco when it comes in? or if I like the power just may end up keeping it.

I am thinking with the crazy times we are in now that I will not really lose any or much money if I don't like it. Seems I could sell it close to MSRP that would offset the taxes I pay.

Looking for thoughts as I may have overthought the situation.
Sponsored

rknrbt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If every employee/retiree bought A/Z plan vehicles and turned around and soon sold them, especially in these times with limited availability, most dealers would discontinue doing A/Z orders. I am not sure about now but back in the day I seem to recall the buyer on these plans was required to keep their vehicles at least 6 months.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see nothing wrong with your plan. Depending on your driving (if its mostly highway) the MPG difference between the Hybrid and ecoboost might be fairly minimal (4-5 mpg) and the extra power is always nice! If the extra $3k is not a problem and you need the vehicle by end of the year I say go for it.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Virtually no risk getting it with Z-plan, and you might even make a little if you decide to sell sooner then later.

Seems like a no-brainer to go for it.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You could buy the Eco and then order the XLT Hybrid Lux. By the time your order comes in you will have time to make up your mind as to which one you want or need. If you like the Eco, cancel your order (I am sure your dealer would not mind). If you want the Hybrid, sell the Eco (you will probably not lose anything on it)you are in a good position as of the market right now.

Good Luck

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Agree with the decision advice given. Just keep it clean so if the decision to sell is made, you'll get top dollar for it.
Sponsored