First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick Lariat Hybred
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m noticing some changes in my Maverick and was curious if there was maybe a software update. The radio now defaults to AM every time I start the truck and I feel sure the trip timer used to display hours-min-seconds…no longer has seconds. Also I had changed the display from auto (white screen) to night that has blue screen and I now have to change that every time I start truck. I know these are minor things, but just wondering. Thanks.
Sponsored

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It might be the opposite, there might be a SYNC update that you need to install. Go into your SYNC settings and see if there is an update available and if so try to install it. You'll first need to connect to WIFI or your phone hotspot so the truck is connected to the internet. Or at least post your current SYNC version here so we can see what version you're currently running.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just set up my 2023 for its first oil change tomorrow and they told me there were "some" more updates, some of which take quite a long time, so they were not sure how long the process would take until they got it connected.
I already had the Turn signal update done, along with a BMS update in February...apparently there are some more. Also told them to be sure to use Full synthetic oil and do a Load Test on the puny battery.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m noticing some changes in my Maverick and was curious if there was maybe a software update. The radio now defaults to AM every time I start the truck and I feel sure the trip timer used to display hours-min-seconds…no longer has seconds. Also I had changed the display from auto (white screen) to night that has blue screen and I now have to change that every time I start truck. I know these are minor things, but just wondering. Thanks.
If you have any software updates that need to be performed check with your dealer and see if he does remote (in your driveway) location. Usually needs to be around 15 miles or so from his location. Some will also come pickup and bring back your vehicle after servicing.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was this BMS update for hybrid only? This is the first time that I heard about a BMS update.
Mine are hybrids, so I can't answer for EB.
I had mine serviced today and they reported that the Battery tested fine at load, but was at 52% SOC when I brought it in. They plan on spending a day with it on the computer trying to determine why the low SOC and constant Deep Sleep. Aparently more than one update out there. This 52% was no more than 12 hours off of a charger. Definitely the BMS is doing a bad job, but it has never failed to start for me. 12 months old.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had mine serviced today and they reported that the Battery tested fine at load, but was at 52% SOC when I brought it in. They plan on spending a day with it on the computer trying to determine why the low SOC and constant Deep Sleep. Aparently more than one update out there. This 52% was no more than 12 hours off of a charger. Definitely the BMS is doing a bad job, but it has never failed to start for me. 12 months old.
Please keep us posted about the BMS update and if this solves your deep sleep problem!

mikellmikell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Colorado's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine had an unknown to me update to the info system Monday. Apparently while siting in the driveway. It's different with rainbow colors
Sponsored