Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Screw the updates. I just moved my modem to less than 10 feet from the truck and it still just sits there "downloading" and never moving beyond 0%. I'm done.
Sponsored

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am stuck on 1.9.0.1 and it will not even offer me updates via the touchscreen or when I visit the Ford website and login to my account. 2023 Hybrid XLT Lux

My main complaint is it loses the index of the USB music every 2 or 3 days even though the drive is never removed. About 2.3 or 2.4k songs and maybe 20 .M3U playlists - I am hoping a new version can deal with large indexes better.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am stuck on 1.9.0.1 and it will not even offer me updates via the touchscreen or when I visit the Ford website and login to my account. 2023 Hybrid XLT Lux

My main complaint is it loses the index of the USB music every 2 or 3 days even though the drive is never removed. About 2.3 or 2.4k songs and maybe 20 .M3U playlists - I am hoping a new version can deal with large indexes better.
It indexes my USB stick every time I turn the truck on, never had any issues with loss of playback position or order. I never take it out. Very strange.

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It indexes my USB stick every time I turn the truck on, never had any issues with loss of playback position or order. I never take it out. Very strange.
If it indexes the USB drive every time you turn the truck on, that is a problem right there. It takes a long time to index large collections. Indexing every time you start the car would be ridiculous. Does it literally say in a pop-up "indexing USB music source" (or similar) every time you start the truck?

My truck (nor any of my other cars, Honda, Subaru, BMW) does not index it every time I turn it on. The problem however is that every few days, it will lose the index literally in the middle of a drive or song. The playlists will disappear. It tells me to browse the device to start a song. I then have to play songs from folders until the index is rebuilt and the playlists reappear, which can take a very long time.

Try loading 2,000+ songs onto a drive and please report back. Also, are you using .M3U playlists on your drive? Do you have any playlists with many hundreds of songs?

Thanks for any info!

Last edited:

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Screw the updates. I just moved my modem to less than 10 feet from the truck and it still just sits there "downloading" and never moving beyond 0%. I'm done.
Mine did that yesterday. So i made sure the gas engine was running ( i have hybrid), did the reset holding the 2 buttons for 5-10 seconds and it worked just fine.

Maybe i just got lucky.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If it indexes the USB drive every time you turn the truck on, that is a problem right there. It takes a long time to index large collections. Indexing every time you start the car would be ridiculous. Does it literally say in a pop-up "indexing USB music source" (or similar) every time you start the truck?

My truck (nor any of my other cars, Honda, Subaru, BMW) does not index it every time I turn it on. The problem however is that every few days, it will lose the index literally in the middle of a drive or song. The playlists will disappear. It tells me to browse the device to start a song. I then have to play songs from folders until the index is rebuilt and the playlists reappear, which can take a very long time.

Try loading 2,000+ songs onto a drive and please report back. Also, are you using .M3U playlists on your drive? Do you have any playlists with many hundreds of songs?

Thanks for any info!
It pops up very quickly when I first turn on Mav, saying "Index complete" or something along those lines. I've only got a few hundreds songs on there though. If I want all my music, I'll plug in my phone. Keep in mind I have a 22' that is not up to date, because the WIFI will never connect. I never used USB audio in another vehicle, my previous ones were to old for that.

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have yet to see any official Ford Information on what is included in specific Maverick updates.

Lou'sBluMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Colorado(sold Oct) 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is also stuck at 1.9.0.1. The 5Mhz WiFi shows "good" signal. Tried again today for 1 hour with no result except now I can't set the update to "automatic".

Lou'sBluMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did the soft reset and have tried to update another 3 times, with no success! I will try to get the dealer to do it when I see them to check the passenger seat height adjustment in 2 more weeks.

Sponsored

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had trouble updating head unit first time I tried. Just couldn't get the download to progress beyond 0%. Tried again today, just a few minutes ago, got a 100% download... and it just sat there, so I did the reset/reboot. I switched the truck off, checked the software version - no change. How disappointing. It looked like it wanted to try again, but wouldn't get past 0%. I give up, will try again another day.

My software version is still the original 1.7something that it shipped with. I've had my Maverick just shy of 1 1/2 years already BTW.

Last edited:

Lou'sBluMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After numerous failed attempts to update using my home wifi signal, I finally made it to the dealer.
The salesman provided me with the customer wifi password, I parked near the building. The download began counting up right away. Took about 10' to download, and another 10' to install. When I checked the version it was at 2.0, and when i checked the next day it showed 2.1. Too soon to tell if it has less problems with dropouts.

SWFLGulf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had the time today so I thought I would give the update another try. My system was on 1.8 !
First I turned on the truck. I then selected Scan for Updates. Nothing came back. I then did a soft reset-power + >> for 5 secs. The system reset. I reconnected to my home wifi and went to updates and checked again. It showed "Downloading Update" and a blue bar at 0%. It didn't move for 10 mins. I did another soft reset, reconnected to wifi and upon returning to the software page, it was at 43% and climbing. Very slow even though it was the only device on my wifi system.
Upon reaching 100% it just sat there for 5 mins. So, another soft reset. Returning to update page it showed "Installing Update" & blue bar with a percentage. Approx 7 mins later, it finished. and just sat there! Another soft reset gave me a female voice saying "Update install completed".
Upon checking the "Current software version" it showed 2.1.0.1
What a production! I am guessing the soft reset is the same as a "power off for updates/ changes to take effect" on a PC! Good luck with yours!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Had the time today so I thought I would give the update another try. My system was on 1.8 !
First I turned on the truck. I then selected Scan for Updates. Nothing came back. I then did a soft reset-power + >> for 5 secs. The system reset. I reconnected to my home wifi and went to updates and checked again. It showed "Downloading Update" and a blue bar at 0%. It didn't move for 10 mins. I did another soft reset, reconnected to wifi and upon returning to the software page, it was at 43% and climbing. Very slow even though it was the only device on my wifi system.
Upon reaching 100% it just sat there for 5 mins. So, another soft reset. Returning to update page it showed "Installing Update" & blue bar with a percentage. Approx 7 mins later, it finished. and just sat there! Another soft reset gave me a female voice saying "Update install completed".
Upon checking the "Current software version" it showed 2.1.0.1
What a production! I am guessing the soft reset is the same as a "power off for updates/ changes to take effect" on a PC! Good luck with yours!
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Sponsored