aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just placed my order yesterday for my XLT Lux FX4 AWD 4K and spent all night looking for someone that is trying to add sport to their FX4. Thank you for posting all this and look forward to the final solution. Good luck!
Thanks! Yeah my truck was actually changed to non-FX4 during the order mostly because I wanted sport mode....and then it showed up as an FX4. So I really want to figure this out.

I will say that Sand mode is GREAT for sliding around and doing donuts in the snow, so there's that.
Sponsored

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! Yeah my truck was actually changed to non-FX4 during the order mostly because I wanted sport mode....and then it showed up as an FX4. So I really want to figure this out.

I will say that Sand mode is GREAT for sliding around and doing donuts in the snow, so there's that.
If you are concerned with acceleration get the tow package

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure, here's where we are at:

I've been chatting with the Forscan devs and after a bit of back and forth it looks like the maverick ABS module has different firmware loads depending on whether the vehicle is FX4 or not. This may mean that there really are only 5 available drive mode slots that can be loaded at one time from the factory.

While the drive mode options can be easily added and removed from the display and all the animations work, the actual use of sport mode on a FX4-loaded ABS module does not work.

I have a copy of the non-FX4 ABS firmware and need to try swapping it over and see how it goes.

On the Forscan side, I have a new version from a couple days ago that has more "easy" configuration options for the ABS module. I don't really want to post the beta versions here but if anyone wants a copy feel free to message me. I'm not sure if it includes my drive mode switching on the dash stuff or not as I haven't fired it up myself.
I have a regular version. Was able to get all 5 buttons displayed on the 4.2 cluster screen but the sand and mud modes would not select. Get the drive mode is not available message. After digging around I think the problem maybe in the PCM module under the firmware options. I found ones specifically for fx4 but when I try to write them I get an error message. It is also possible those firmwares are tied to the VIN and if it can be changed to one built with the FX4 option maybe the firmware can be changed then.

Last edited:

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a regular version. Was able to get all 5 buttons displayed on the 4.2 cluster screen but the sand and mud modes would not select. Get the drive mode is not available message. After digging around I think the problem maybe in the PCM module under the firmware options. I found ones specifically for fx4 but when I try to write them I get an error message. It is also possible those firmwares are tied to the VIN and if it can be changed to one built with the FX4 option maybe the firmware can be changed then.

The ABS firmware seems to control the drive modes that can be used.

The option that you can change for firmware is just so the option matches the firmware that you have loaded...but you still have to load the actual new firmware which is a whole separate operation.

Last edited:

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2013 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed FORScan 2.3.45 release tonight and hooked up to the Maverick with the OBDLinkEX cable. Connected fine, read the modules and went into the BdyCM. Found the front bulb turn outage and tried to disable it then write. Stops at 42% and says "Service procedure has been interrupted". I also found it interesting there is an LED turn option as well, I tried to also change it, no dice though.

Not sure if it just isn't functional yet or because I have no clue what I'm doing. Never used FORScan before, but coded BMW's in the past so I'm not foreign to tinkering with car coding. Trying to get rid of the hyper flash with LED turn signals up front.

Ford Maverick Has anyone used ForScan yet? forscan.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MavTruk

MavTruk

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
I installed FORScan 2.3.45 release tonight and hooked up to the Maverick with the OBDLinkEX cable. Connected fine, read the modules and went into the BdyCM. Found the front bulb turn outage and tried to disable it then write. Stops at 42% and says "Service procedure has been interrupted". I also found it interesting there is an LED turn option as well, I tried to also change it, no dice though.

Not sure if it just isn't functional yet or because I have no clue what I'm doing. Never used FORScan before, but coded BMW's in the past so I'm not foreign to tinkering with car coding. Trying to get rid of the hyper flash with LED turn signals up front.

forscan.JPG
I was able to disable what you were trying with the beta version. I now have normal gauge cluster blinking

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was able to disable what you were trying with the beta version. I now have normal gauge cluster blinking
Which beta version? I see 2.4.5 beta 3, but it was released before the current regular version going by date.

OP
OP
MavTruk

MavTruk

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
I believe it was linked in this thread

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try this one.

https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.46.test20220126.exe

It fixed a similar problem I had writing to the ABS module, maybe it will work for you. If not, FORScan is very responsive fixing problems, if you send them the information requested on their contact page.
Gave it a go on that version tonight, still no dice and same error. It's not urgent so I'll probably wait a bit for a few more updates to come out before I re-attack.

Ford Maverick Has anyone used ForScan yet? Capture.JPG

Sponsored

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know nothing, but I did have a dream about this thread.

Has anyone tried disabling hill descent in Forscan? Might be the feedback pushing you out of sport mode...

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2.3.46 released last night so I installed that and gave it another go. Still unable to code the BCM module. This time I did poke around and found in the SCCM module there is a steering wheel heat level adjustment. My wheel gets SUPER hot, so I checked and it was set to 35C, lowered it to 30C and this morning I got to test it. The wheel gets very warm now without being uncomfortably hot. It had adjustments from 24C to 39C in 1C increments, pretty neat. I'm guessing it's defaulted to be hot enough to be felt through gloves, but I don't wear gloves when driving.

So, I am able to code some modules, but not the BCM it seems. Hoping this gets resolved in a new version soon. I also applied for a FORScan forum account last night, but still hasn't been approved.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2.3.46 released last night so I installed that and gave it another go. Still unable to code the BCM module. This time I did poke around and found in the SCCM module there is a steering wheel heat level adjustment. My wheel gets SUPER hot, so I checked and it was set to 35C, lowered it to 30C and this morning I got to test it. The wheel gets very warm now without being uncomfortably hot. It had adjustments from 24C to 39C in 1C increments, pretty neat. I'm guessing it's defaulted to be hot enough to be felt through gloves, but I don't wear gloves when driving.

So, I am able to code some modules, but not the BCM it seems. Hoping this gets resolved in a new version soon. I also applied for a FORScan forum account last night, but still hasn't been approved.
They will only fix errors that are reported, you should try reporting it.

Last edited:

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Using the contact email for FORScan I was sent a 2.3.47test version to hopefully solve the issue. I installed that version tonight and was able to successfully write to the BdyCM module. I now have LED turn signal bulbs installed without hyperflash on the cluster. I also disabled the double honk when leaving the cabin. I haven't tested it yet and it doesn't happen often, but I hate when I walk away from a vehicle and it honks to let me know I left it on. It has done it a couple times on me in the last 2 months.

However, I then tried to write to the IPC module to enable global window open/close and got an error about gain security access failed. I sent the logs to FORScan support team again and hopefully they come up with something else to try. Hopefully we can get all of these bugs worked out and it benefits the rest of the Maverick owners when they finally get theirs and try to re-code modules. I got to say, I am so relieved that I was able to turn that steering wheel heat down as well. That is a multiple times per day annoyance that is now resolved.

I probably need to dig around some more and see what all else can be done.

Last edited: