Has anyone used ForScan yet?

Mm11xx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Not really. The purpose of Forscan is to toggle features/configurations on and off that could have been present at the factory when the vehicle was built. In some cases, those features or settings are only on a different Ford vehicle or for fleet configuration or something...but they are going to be things like whether all the doors unlock on the first key fob press, or the behavior of the dash chime, etc.

There is no way to add things like a new graphic to the display or anything like that, unless the vehicle was built to potentially have that feature in the first place. For example, on a base level Mustang you can unlock new gauges for the dash, because other models of Mustang with the same screen have different "race mode" gauges etc. It's extremely unlikely that Ford developed additional gauges for the Maverick dash and then didn't include them on any of the trim levels.

That all being said it would be hypothetically possible to alter the dash if, for instance, a new fast/offroad Maverick model comes out with a cooler dash layout AND it turns out that the new dash layout was tucked away in the dash control module that's already in our trucks. In that case, it might be possible to unlock it.
Thank you for the response. I guess I will have to get the software and see if I can find anything when I am playing around with other stuff.
Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, I just got a new updated version of Forscan in my inbox.

Should be able to try out an IPC write in the next couple hours.

I'm doing this stuff because I really want sport mode, but the Forscan team is cranking out updates with no incentive. It would be great if everybody reading this thread and wanting to make changes to their truck coughed up the 10 bucks for a full Forscan license...The developers are SUPER responsive working over the holidays to push out new updated versions based on log files and problems and if it wasn't for them we wouldn't get to do fun stuff like this.
Once I get my mav, i'll definitely shell out the $10 for the work they've done. The cruise control add on alone is worth it to me.

emartinez96

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Chevy Sonic RS, 2011 SS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's still an error but it doesn't show if you click through them...takes a few seconds to kick you out. I need an update from Forscan as per above.

Adding sand/mud to non-FX4 will be the next experiment! Based on how it's going so far, it seems like it's plausible. The only thing that might prevent this from working at all is if we can't figure out a way past the "drive mode not available" message. Perhaps there is a limitation somewhere in the system and there really are only 5 programs allowed on the ABS module from the factory. Personally I think this is unlikely but who knows.

Once I get a good result on my side, we'll need someone with a non-FX4 to try the same configuration and see if the results are the same. Fingers crossed!
Let me know how to do it aspect and I'll try it on my XL. I want to get rid of tow for Sandy or mud and ruts

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Soooo....bad news.

The latest build of Forscan does allow me to write to the IPC address listed above that's different between the FX4 and standard vehicles. However, if I put those values in, there's no more drive modes...as in, the button on the console stops working.

I tried quite a few variations between the FX4 and non-FX4 values, and all of them resulted in the drive mode button not having any function. Only the exact FX4 values brought it back.

The other ABS address that has a different value between FX4 and non-FX4 says "incompatible configuration" when I try to change it to the non-FX4 values. The Forscan developers say that just means the value is wrong and is not accepted by the module.

The only other value that's different between the two models is in the telematics unit, and I'm wary to make any changes there.

So, the best I've been able to do is add whatever drive modes I want to the dash, but they can't be used for more than 2 seconds. Maybe there really is a limitation to how many modes can be loaded on the ABS module? Or I'm missing something. But I'm out of ideas for the time being.

tsled

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.helibuilder.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray, Hybrid, XLT Maverick
Loaded it up tonight and was snooping around the modules but unlike my F-150 there's no "easy mode" obviously since its so new...With that being said has anyone actually figured anything out yet? I would like to disable auto/start stop and the hyper flash from my lights I installed like I had also done on my F-150
Following (interested)

Sponsored

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Taking a shot in the dark here, but what might be happening is that the drive modes may be locked to the model of the vehicle - that is to say, you can have an FX4 or a non-FX4, but there's no means to create a combination.

I have nothing to base this on but what I've read so far, yet I have a sneaky suspicion you could change your FX4 to a non-FX4 and get Sport and Eco but you'd have to sacrifice all the FX4 drive modes to do so.

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Taking a shot in the dark here, but what might be happening is that the drive modes may be locked to the model of the vehicle - that is to say, you can have an FX4 or a non-FX4, but there's no means to create a combination.

I have nothing to base this on but what I've read so far, yet I have a sneaky suspicion you could change your FX4 to a non-FX4 and get Sport and Eco but you'd have to sacrifice all the FX4 drive modes to do so.
The first thing I tried was to switch everything over to non-FX4 because it seemed like that was the most plausible way it would work. I first applied the non-FX4 values to ABS 760-04-03 to get the non-FX4 drive modes, and then went to apply the non-FX4 values to IPC 720-07-02. That's when my mode select stopped working.

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, for everyone else who wants to give it a shot, here is the most recent version of forscan I have that has configurators for BCM and IPC, and seems to work with the modules I've used.

https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.45.test20220101.exe

I will say that some of the settings in the BCM configurator look a bit off.

MustardTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2001 AWD Swapped Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great work so far. I got a forscan cable for Christmas but my Maverick isn't getting built until Jan 31 so can't try anything yet...

Have you tried just disabling one of the FX4 modes (sand for example) and enabling only one of the non-FX4 modes? Maybe if more than 5 are enabled it triggers the error message.

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE:

I have yet another version of Forscan in my inbox. The Forscan team believes there is some data in the ABS firmware that is defining what modes can be used. They have come up with a test for me to try and see if it works. I will not have time to try it for a little while here, so if anyone else wants to give it a go please let me know and I can forward the links/instructions.

Great work so far. I got a forscan cable for Christmas but my Maverick isn't getting built until Jan 31 so can't try anything yet...

Have you tried just disabling one of the FX4 modes (sand for example) and enabling only one of the non-FX4 modes? Maybe if more than 5 are enabled it triggers the error message.
Yes I have, and have tried with just Sport + Eco using non-FX4 as-built data.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MavTruk

MavTruk

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
UPDATE:

I have yet another version of Forscan in my inbox. The Forscan team believes there is some data in the ABS firmware that is defining what modes can be used. They have come up with a test for me to try and see if it works. I will not have time to try it for a little while here, so if anyone else wants to give it a go please let me know and I can forward the links/instructions.

Yes I have, and have tried with just Sport + Eco using non-FX4 as-built data.
any update with driver modes? I see the "easy mode" options show the disable and enabled modes and id love to drop sand replace with sport mode if possible. also thanks for the version i was able to disable hyplerflash. weary to try much of anything else as its in beta

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
any update with driver modes? I see the "easy mode" options show the disable and enabled modes and id love to drop sand replace with sport mode if possible. also thanks for the version i was able to disable hyplerflash. weary to try much of anything else as its in beta
Sure, here's where we are at:

I've been chatting with the Forscan devs and after a bit of back and forth it looks like the maverick ABS module has different firmware loads depending on whether the vehicle is FX4 or not. This may mean that there really are only 5 available drive mode slots that can be loaded at one time from the factory.

While the drive mode options can be easily added and removed from the display and all the animations work, the actual use of sport mode on a FX4-loaded ABS module does not work.

I have a copy of the non-FX4 ABS firmware and need to try swapping it over and see how it goes.

On the Forscan side, I have a new version from a couple days ago that has more "easy" configuration options for the ABS module. I don't really want to post the beta versions here but if anyone wants a copy feel free to message me. I'm not sure if it includes my drive mode switching on the dash stuff or not as I haven't fired it up myself.

OP
OP
MavTruk

MavTruk

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick

I've been chatting with the Forscan devs and after a bit of back and forth it looks like the maverick ABS module has different firmware loads depending on whether the vehicle is FX4 or not. This may mean that there really are only 5 available drive mode slots that can be loaded at one time from the factory.

While the drive mode options can be easily added and removed from the display and all the animations work, the actual use of sport mode on a FX4-loaded ABS module does not work.

I have a copy of the non-FX4 ABS firmware and need to try swapping it over and see how it goes.

On the Forscan side, I have a new version from a couple days ago that has more "easy" configuration options for the ABS module. I don't really want to post the beta versions here but if anyone wants a copy feel free to message me. I'm not sure if it includes my drive mode switching on the dash stuff or not as I haven't fired it up myself.
I’ll take a look at it!

DHouch1813

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick XLT Lux, FX4 w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Just placed my order yesterday for my XLT Lux FX4 AWD 4K and spent all night looking for someone that is trying to add sport to their FX4. Thank you for posting all this and look forward to the final solution. Good luck!

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update:

The ability for Forscan to write firmware to the ABS module isn't working. I'll update if/when they have a fix.

It looks like they worked my selectable drive mode calculator into the easy configurator though! Too bad it didn't end up being that easy. Also I haven't actually tested all of them, oops.

Current beta of Forscan allows for "easy" config of BCM, IPC, SCCM and ABS. The BCM settings still look wrong though.
Sponsored