aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I read some one modified to get all the modes but would get a error on the screen after a few seconds about a wrong code and go back the normal mode.

I just want to verify all your modes are working while driving.
Read the posts again and who posted them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2013 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't really know for certain, but after a little browsing of the forscan forums there's some people having issues on cheapo adapters. In my opinion it's not worth the savings to get something basic...but who knows?
Good point. I usually bought the nicer ones for my BMWs because it’s not usually worth the risk or trouble of bricking a module. I’ll order the $50 one forscan recommends.

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From earlier...

So Aspect- you not only got it to show up on dash, but run without the errors, that’s awesome! My question is this…. Have you been able to figure out then if… I have a XLT w/Lux pkg, 4Ktow, 360, 2.0awd, non-fx4, I could have mud/rug, and sand added? I apologize for an redundancy or annoyance…but this would be awesome if I could get mud/rut and sand added to mine.
Thanks g

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So Aspect- you not only got it to show up on dash, but run without the errors, that’s awesome! My question is this…. Have you been able to figure out then if… I have a XLT w/Lux pkg, 4Ktow, 360, 2.0awd, non-fx4, I could have mud/rug, and sand added? I apologize for an redundancy or annoyance…but this would be awesome if I could get mud/rut and sand added to mine.
Thanks g
There's still an error but it doesn't show if you click through them...takes a few seconds to kick you out. I need an update from Forscan as per above.

Adding sand/mud to non-FX4 will be the next experiment! Based on how it's going so far, it seems like it's plausible. The only thing that might prevent this from working at all is if we can't figure out a way past the "drive mode not available" message. Perhaps there is a limitation somewhere in the system and there really are only 5 programs allowed on the ABS module from the factory. Personally I think this is unlikely but who knows.

Once I get a good result on my side, we'll need someone with a non-FX4 to try the same configuration and see if the results are the same. Fingers crossed!

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's still an error but it doesn't show if you click through them...takes a few seconds to kick you out. I need an update from Forscan as per above.

Adding sand/mud to non-FX4 will be the next experiment! Based on how it's going so far, it seems like it's plausible. The only thing that might prevent this from working at all is if we can't figure out a way past the "drive mode not available" message. Perhaps there is a limitation somewhere in the system and there really are only 5 programs allowed on the ABS module from the factory. Personally I think this is unlikely but who knows.

Once I get a good result on my side, we'll need someone with a non-FX4 to try the same configuration and see if the results are the same. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for the quick reply!! Super invested…. Did you still need vin numbers? I could give you mine if it helps?? Nonfx4

Sponsored

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the quick reply!! Super invested…. Did you still need vin numbers? I could give you mine if it helps?? Nonfx4
I don't think another VIN will do much....some nice person (@Pizzacat_69420 ) already compiled a bunch of them earlier in the thread which made it easy to feed 10+ of them through the comparison software.

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think another VIN will do much....some nice person already compiled a bunch of them earlier in the thread which made it easy to feed 10+ of them through the comparison software.
Copy that!! I will keep an eye on this going forward… seems pretty cool! Had it been easier to get any package at the time of purchase without ordering… you get it!

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Copy that!! I will keep an eye on this going forward… seems pretty cool! Had it been easier to get any package at the time of purchase without ordering… you get it!
Yeah, I'm in a similar boat...I actually took FX4 off my build partially because I wanted sport mode and then the truck showed up as an FX4. My dealer was nice enough to throw on a small discount and sand mode has been absolutely hilarious in the snow, but I've been looking for a way to change the loaded modes since day 1 with the vehicle.

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I'm in a similar boat...I actually took FX4 off my build partially because I wanted sport mode and then the truck showed up as an FX4. My dealer was nice enough to throw on a small discount and sand mode has been absolutely hilarious in the snow, but I've been looking for a way to change the loaded modes since day 1 with the vehicle.
Yep, had I got the fx4 with everything I currently have and wanted… I would have not gotten the color truck I wanted! The wife and I both had the top (3) colors we would accept… ordering was out of the question on 12/21/21 when I found and bought my lil buddy same day! It was the only one of its kind and price within 200 mile radius of our home! I called dealer, gave them my debit card,$500 hold, which became my down payment for a better APR, and by 3pm 12/21 from the first call 9:30am same day I had my Maverick. Anyways, sorry for the story time… this is cool having a forum of guys with same truck and values. I’m proud of this truck… I work hard and have bad back, rough drive to work, and needed the power, comfort, and safety this truck offers!

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Made a little calculator in excel for the hex values. Again, I haven't actually tested each drive mode ID so some of these might be mixed up. I'll test em all at some point here.

Ford Maverick Has anyone used ForScan yet? 265052286_10224487383804717_1617489017699853126_n

Sponsored
OP
OP
MavTruk

MavTruk

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
I would like to try this if possible. I have an XLT Lux, 4k tow, Fx4

Mm11xx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Hello I have a question I am new to all of this. But is there a way to get some gauges to be added to the screen?

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello I have a question I am new to all of this. But is there a way to get some gauges to be added to the screen?
Not really. The purpose of Forscan is to toggle features/configurations on and off that could have been present at the factory when the vehicle was built. In some cases, those features or settings are only on a different Ford vehicle or for fleet configuration or something...but they are going to be things like whether all the doors unlock on the first key fob press, or the behavior of the dash chime, etc.

There is no way to add things like a new graphic to the display or anything like that, unless the vehicle was built to potentially have that feature in the first place. For example, on a base level Mustang you can unlock new gauges for the dash, because other models of Mustang with the same screen have different "race mode" gauges etc. It's extremely unlikely that Ford developed additional gauges for the Maverick dash and then didn't include them on any of the trim levels.

That all being said it would be hypothetically possible to alter the dash if, for instance, a new fast/offroad Maverick model comes out with a cooler dash layout AND it turns out that the new dash layout was tucked away in the dash control module that's already in our trucks. In that case, it might be possible to unlock it.

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, I just got a new updated version of Forscan in my inbox.

Should be able to try out an IPC write in the next couple hours.

I'm doing this stuff because I really want sport mode, but the Forscan team is cranking out updates with no incentive. It would be great if everybody reading this thread and wanting to make changes to their truck coughed up the 10 bucks for a full Forscan license...The developers are SUPER responsive working over the holidays to push out new updated versions based on log files and problems and if it wasn't for them we wouldn't get to do fun stuff like this.

OP
OP
MavTruk

MavTruk

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Also, I just got a new updated version of Forscan in my inbox.

Should be able to try out an IPC write in the next couple hours.

I'm doing this stuff because I really want sport mode, but the Forscan team is cranking out updates with no incentive. It would be great if everybody reading this thread and wanting to make changes to their truck coughed up the 10 bucks for a full Forscan license...The developers are SUPER responsive working over the holidays to push out new updated versions based on log files and problems and if it wasn't for them we wouldn't get to do fun stuff like this.
I have full version. I just can’t seem to see any of the easy options listed
Sponsored