First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Hang in there Robert.
SubQ IGG and CBRN for life! I win!

but back on topic, you are going to be fine. It really is very different than it was. We are getting a good grasp on the treatment of symptoms and therapy is light years ahead of where it was even 6 months ago.
Sponsored

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Andy, you can tough it out. No need to be scared.

I had it in July. Low grade fever, dizziness, confusion, rash on the inside of my right arm, mild cough, aches and pains, but my oxygen levels were good. I also lost my taste and smell but they are mostly back. I have no lasting symptoms and feel great after it ran its course which was about 3 1/2 weeks for me.

Four weeks after the initial symptoms I was tested for anti bodies against Covid-19 and I have a boat load of them. Natural immunity for me, thank you very much. I am 67 years old and in very good health.

You will be fine.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had it twice! Guessing two different strains.
First time last year, felt like a train hit me!
2nd time early this year, it was more like a common cold. Except I lost taste and smell for two weeks.

Yes, you can have it more than once, regardless of natural immunity.

Got the J&J vax several months ago. Not taking any chances.

No hospital time. Self medicated at home. Just don't lay around too much. That stuff makes you want to just lay there.
I was still actively doing yard work, while I had it last year during the summer.

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
from someone who had a tough go of it. first week pretty normal, like a cold and seemed to get better. then second wave came as the virus moved into my lungs. Downhill from there. What saved me is getting an oxygen sensor to measure with remote monitoring to a nursing team. They sent me to the hospital before I would have gone. I had very early double covid pneumonia. When I didnt get better, they last ditched me with the antibody treatment and Remdesivir (lots of paperwork for unapproved treatments). Saved my life. I hesitated to share, but sometimes things are not simple with this virus. monitor your oxygen level (above 92% you are good). take zinc and vitamin D and RAW vit C. these all boost the right part of the immune system to fight this virus. I hope it goes away quickly, but these measures I am sure saved my life because I was in full free fall (10 days in hosp). Good luck

Last edited:

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
from someone who had a tough go of it. first week pretty normal, like a cold and seemed to get better. then second wave came as the virus moved into my lungs. Downhill from there. What saved me is getting an oxygen sensor to measure with remote monitoring to a nursing team. They sent me to the hospital before I would have gone. I had very early double covid pneumonia. When I didnt get better, they last ditched me with the antibody treatment and Remdesivir (lots of paperwork for unapproved treatments). Saved my life. I hesitated to share, but sometimes things are not simple with this virus. monitor your oxygen level (above 92% you are good). take zinc and vitamin D and RAW vit C. these all boost the right part of the immune system to fight this virus. I hope it goes away quickly, but these measures I am sure saved my life because I was in full free fall (10 days in hosp). Good luck
O2 is the big one. I can argue for and against Ace2 modulators, but it looks like Lambda’s protein spike has changed enough For that to not be an issue. But O2, don’t go on a respirator unless no other choice, to much scarring, supplemental O2 is win. (If you need it)

biggest issue from an epidemiological standpoint imnsho is that we are seeing endemic infections in canines, mustelids and of course bats. We are also seeing it in felines, but it’s hard to catch anything other than plasmids from teh feline overlords (other than the Stankeye from rubbing belly fur the wrong direction) So it’s with us, love you long time.

that’s the real reason you will appreciate natural immunity vs vaccine, broader (though as mentioned above not complete) immunity.

worse comes to worst, see if your doc will get you some low dose naltrexone. Won’t help you fight the virus, but itwill help modulate the cytokine and Interleukin storm which will help with inflammation and symptoms.

OK I am getting to deep into this. Rest, follow docs guidelines and you will be fine, heck better than fine because you can add another rung to your nature tried to take me out card. Aka Chickenpox, MMR, And all the other things you have made it through!

plus you get another story to tell your wife and my kids ;)

Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
My dad who was vaccinated had it. He is a heart transplant recipient so no immune system as the Dr's kill it to prevent rejection. He was sick for about 2 weeks in bed for a few days but no hospital stay. Mom and sister both vaccinated got it also only minor symptoms. Daughter is 9 assume she had is as her mother me and others around her had it I never had any symptoms my daughter had stomach issues and her mom was bed ridden for 4 days. So all & all every one made it through fairly unscathed. Thankfully.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have covid and I’m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement 😬
I will assume this is a breakthrough case, and you had been vaccinated… by day 5 you will know; wife had it and she was a symptomatic… I Had it in October and begged to die… If it is bad, try to find the Rendesivir… I have already made plans for the booster shot. If you get it like I did, you will chase doctors down to get the shot
wish you good luck
I was 63 and good health at the time - but Covid is like dna, no two people have the same experience

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had it last Christmas. No fever or respiratory issues, just a nasty 4 day migraine and a ton of fatigue. Didn’t lose sense of smell but everything tasted like straight salt for two weeks. I just finished my 2nd dose this week of the Moderna vaccine.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dad who was vaccinated had it. He is a heart transplant recipient so no immune system as the Dr's kill it to prevent rejection. He was sick for about 2 weeks in bed for a few days but no hospital stay. Mom and sister both vaccinated got it also only minor symptoms. Daughter is 9 assume she had is as her mother me and others around her had it I never had any symptoms my daughter had stomach issues and her mom was bed ridden for 4 days. So all & all every one made it through fairly unscathed. Thankfully.
Glad your dad responded well. Unfortunately anti rejection meds are not quite the same beast as primary immune failure. He is likely on prednisolone and similar so these interrupt cytokine and the inflammatory response. My primary immune failure is in another section, in my case it’s in my T and B cells. I am more like an AIDS patient than an immunosupressed one. Your dad can develop immunity, but it’s muted, I simply cannot. Worse still, I had autoimmune issues before the failure, so the mechanisms to produce the cytokines and interleukin are present and well functioning in my system. Best guess between my immunologist at Kirkland’s (UAB) Rare Diseases group and myself is 0 to dead due to cytokine storm in about 24 hours via pulmonary edema. People on sufficient inflammation control aka anti rejection meds, can be asymptomatic to muted. It depends on the particular meds.

back to your favourite show after these messages from your local Ford dealer who is really paying for his boat rather than trying to sell you a Maverick so try The New and improved ordering experience with Chapman Ford and @Dealerinsider less of the wait, more of the info and at 4% below invoice, shippingbetween now and eventually to a Cd near you, or use with UShip today!

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Glad your dad responded well. Unfortunately anti rejection meds are not quite the same beast as primary immune failure. He is likely on prednisolone and similar so these interrupt cytokine and the inflammatory response. My primary immune failure is in another section, in my case it’s in my T and B cells. I am more like an AIDS patient than an immunosupressed one. Your dad can develop immunity, but it’s muted, I simply cannot. Worse still, I had autoimmune issues before the failure, so the mechanisms to produce the cytokines and interleukin are present and well functioning in my system. Best guess between my immunologist at Kirkland’s (UAB) Rare Diseases group and myself is 0 to dead due to cytokine storm in about 24 hours via pulmonary edema. People on sufficient inflammation control aka anti rejection meds, can be asymptomatic to muted. It depends on the particular meds.

back to your favourite show after these messages from your local Ford dealer who is really paying for his boat rather than trying to sell you a Maverick so try The New and improved ordering experience with Chapman Ford and @Dealerinsider less of the wait, more of the info and at 4% below invoice, shippingbetween now and eventually to a Cd near you, or use with UShip today!
You are correct he can develop some immunity but not much

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have covid and I’m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement 😬
My 82 year old Mother had covid at the end of last year and for 2 weeks we though she just had the flu because she never displayed any of the typical symptoms of Covid. It was only after she started have memory loss that I took her to the hospital because I though she might have had a stroke. Doctor ran thousand of $$$ of test all came back negative. Did the test for Covid and it came back positive!
Funny thing was that I was around her the whole time she was ill, didn't mask up or use gloves until after we got the test results! She needed another 2.5 weeks to recover and test negative. My Dad and I never got the virus!!
Stay strong, rest a lot and drink fluids! Your family and your Maverick need you!

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 82 year old Mother had covid at the end of last year and for 2 weeks we though she just had the flu because she never displayed any of the typical symptoms of Covid. It was only after she started have memory loss that I took her to the hospital because I though she might have had a stroke. Doctor ran thousand of $$$ of test all came back negative. Did the test for Covid and it came back positive!
Funny thing was that I was around her the whole time she was ill, didn't mask up or use gloves until after we got the test results! She needed another 2.5 weeks to recover and test negative. My Dad and I never got the virus!!
Stay strong, rest a lot and drink fluids! Your family and your Maverick need you!
I suspect she has arthritis and is /was taking meds for it? Just a guess kind you ;)

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
biggest issue from an epidemiological standpoint imnsho is that we are seeing endemic infections in canines,
Endemic infections in canines? I hadn't heard that. The last thing I saw on pet infections said:

A small number of pets worldwide, including cats and dogs, have been reported to be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, mostly after close contact with people with COVID-19.
What You Should Know about COVID-19 and Pets | Healthy Pets, Healthy People | CDC
Can you direct me to a reliable source that discusses endemic infections in dogs? We have a couple of dogs and that concerns me. (I did a quick search but didn't see anything along those lines.) Thanks...

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suspect she has arthritis and is /was taking meds for it? Just a guess kind you ;)
Nope no arthritis, but she does take meds for heart, cholesterol and blood pressure.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My husband and I both had Covid last year at Thanksgiving. We weren't either one hospitalized, but we were honestly terrified that one of us would get even sicker and that the other one wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

I basically took care of myself, and my husband took care of himself until I bagan to recover. Then I could give a bit more attention to him. We slept 20+ hours a day and lost over 12 lbs each in about a week.

My encouragement is that there is now a great monoclonal antibody treatment available that can make all the difference, I'm told. Contact your doctor about it asap.

Take whatever over the counter meds you have that will reduce fever. Drink as much water as you can. If you have someone who can bring you food, try microwaving and eating baked potatoes. They seem to be tolerated well if your sense of taste is screwed up.

For whatever it's worth, most people do recover well from Covid. But for real, follow up on that treatment tomorrow.

Keep in touch.
Sponsored

Last edited: