First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have covid and I’m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement 😬
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stepmother had it...she's alive and kicking. Had plenty of family members that are good.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I have covid and I’m scared. Was hoping to just hear from people that have been there and one that for some encouragement 😬
Just be glad you will be getting natural immunity. M&M is low less than 3% even in vulnerable populations. Follow whatever protocols your doc advises and rest. You’ll make it out fine.

monoclonal antibody therapy in early stages shows a substantial decrease in recovery time so if you have that option, go for it.

again, your gonna be fine, and you’ll have natural immunity, so you get sick now, but later you will be in much better shape.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Had it the first of the year. I was not hospitalized but I sure felt like hell. The breathing recovery takes a little while to get past but there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's no train but you'll feel like it is.

Hang in there.

Ajm

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Had it at the beginning. Started off feeling like strep, progressed to sinus infection, then was hammered with fever and diahrea.

Lost smell & taste for about a week. Had only a couple of days in bed with the fever, no trouble breathing & no hospital. No lasting effects.

Hang in there, you'll be fine.

Sponsored

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 15 patients currently that have tested positive. Most do fine, little to no symptoms. Those that are on oxygen, as of this evening, have prior health conditions that are moderately serious to begin with. This Delta spreads like a fire, it is no joke.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 15 patients currently that have tested positive. Most do fine, little to no symptoms. Those that are on oxygen, as of this evening, have prior health conditions that are moderately serious to begin with. This Delta spreads like a fire, it is no joke.
Yea something like 20 folks in my church got it in one Sunday. The church did not really have much of a heads up to go to livestream services or anything. Obviously no in person services now. Out of the 20, two were hospitalized for 2-3 days, but are doing better now.

AUsomTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I participated in the Pfizer vaccine study and got my 2nd shot at the end of last October. Managed to catch the Delta variant at the end of July. Had a fever for one day, diarrhea for two days, and chills. Lost my sense of taste and smell around day 3 but that was back to normal within a week. Also had a sinus infection so there were 3 days there I was very uncomfortable but no problems breathing. Dry cough was most problematic since it would keep me awake at night and that lasted for over a week.

Overall, not as bad as the flu, but I had been vaccinated.

Note: I also have several co-morbidities: diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and fat.

maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had it back in April last year before it was easy to even get tested. Felt like an intense hangover for 24 hours and then I was really tired for a few weeks. I honestly just thought I had a bad case of the flu before I lost my sense of taste and smell. Ironically I work in the vaccine industry and despite every precaution short of wearing an N95 I still managed to catch it at work. Stay hydrated, get plenty of rest, don't overdue it even when feeling better and obviously listen to your doctor.

Sponsored

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Besides the obvious, people's lives and health, so many things have been effected because of Covid. I honestly will surprised if any of our Mavericks will be made on time. If there is an outbreak in the assembly plant where the vehicle is produced or any other plant where the parts are produced there will be delays for sure.

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Had it last Christmas. Felt like I had the flu for 8-9 days. Had moments of feeling better but then back to feeling cruddy again. But believe it or not, no respiratory issues or coughing! Primary symptoms all gone in just over a week but still took another week or so to start feeling “normal”.

Rest and keep the fluids in. You’re gonna be good to go in a week or two.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No need to be scared! Here are your survival percentages if you get Covid. This info. is straight from the CDC.

0-19 yrs of age = 99.997 % chance of survival!
20-49 yrs= 99.98%
50-69 yrs= 99.5%
70+ yrs = 94.7 %

Don't Worry!

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Last October I was exposed to 10 people who were infected but never once had a symptom or a positive test. Took the Moderna vaccine in March and had two side effects. Fatigue and for whatever reason couldn't taste spicy food.
Sponsored