Sponsored

Got recalls done and now my Hybrid Mav is full of problems.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to our club. My Maverick has been at the dealer since 3/1 for this issue. Ford Corporate Engineering is supposed to be working on it directly with a local tech now.

If you search you’ll see lots of us with this issue.
Sponsored

NeedForSteve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Fusion 2.3; 2023 HPR XLT EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed. My suspicion leans more toward the programming. My point was that no matter who performs the recall, in reality it's Ford's software performing the actual programming. There isn't much of any human involvement beyond clicking "program" so If that doesn't work nothing will.

For my small part, Shortly after I bought my truck I went to my dealer and asked if there was any sort of update available for the infotainment. It would sometimes disconnect from my phone randomly, and about half the time when I plugged the phone in, the truck just...wouldn't recognize it was plugged into anything. No response from CarPlay. Other times it took up to several minutes and then it would just pop right up.

I was advised to wait and bring it in at a later date if I wanted my radio to keep working at all, because they'd been "having trouble lately with reprograms bricking modules". Lincolns, Fords, across the board.

MaverickSVT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Contour SVT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be speculating here but I’m wondering if all these issues after the updates some of you are having are installer and or equipment error?
I have a 22 and my dad has a 23 both hybrids and we had the same dealership (it was even the same guy who did the updates) come to us to perform the updates in our driveway without any issues.
My neighbor has a 22 hybrid and the same dealership and same guy did his updates in his driveway without any issues as well.

Maybe it’s the installer or maybe it’s equipment used to do the installation that’s the issue?

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be speculating here but I’m wondering if all these issues after the updates some of you are having are installer and or equipment error?
I have a 22 and my dad has a 23 both hybrids and we had the same dealership (it was even the same guy who did the updates) come to us to perform the updates in our driveway without any issues.
My neighbor has a 22 hybrid and the same dealership and same guy did his updates in his driveway without any issues as well.

Maybe it’s the installer or maybe it’s equipment used to do the installation that’s the issue?
If this many installers can cause this same problem then it’s Ford’s fault. They made the process too easy to mess up.

Sponsored

MaverickSVT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Contour SVT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If this many installers can cause this same problem then it’s Ford’s fault. They made the process too easy to mess up.
Good point. But still strange that knock on wood, my 22 my neighbors 22 and my dads 23 all had the updates without issue. All done by the same installer from the same dealership

Bhdreadnaught

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My worry is Ford may be trying to fix a bigger engineering defect with software. Have experienced this with other Ford products, such as the 3.5L Ecoboost cold start rattle. Software solution that kinda masks something, then we are paying to have the big $ overhaul after the warranty runs out.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You would think it's pretty straight forward to download a new software to the vehicle right? Unless they are inputting wrong information about the vehicle, I don't see how they could mess this up
you would think but the way sw updates go either on a truck or on anything else if you don't select the proper sw packages and install them exactly as described and in the proper order...and if you do not verify that the previous updates completed successfully then for sure somethings can get screwed up.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had my recalls done with my oil change a month ago and so far zero issues. In fact I have had zero issues since it came off the hauler back in August of 23. I just can’t understand why some are plagued with problems and others are not. No rhyme or reason to it. 🧐

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When the dealer prints your RO, any outstanding recalls should be added as repair lines. Any recalls that qualify as safety are done automatically, usually by whoever is servicing the vehicle. Obviously if someone is very new or isn't tech literate, they probably won't be allowed to program but most folks in the shop can handle it. In reality, it's pretty hard to screw up a module reprogram with IDS or FDRS outside of the battery dying halfway through or there being a problem with the actual program.

Now module replacements that involve As-Built data programming? That's a whole nother bag but I don't remember many, if any, recalls requiring As-Built. If it's a recall, there's usually a step-by-step guide.
When I had 23E07 & 23E09 done by remote service IN MY DRIVEWAY, the tech replied when I told him that I had both of my hybrids on maintainer in the prior 48 hours and they had been in ready state for 30 minutes prior to his arrival= "Good, I won't have to put my 12v power supply on them when I run the update. The 12v needs to be at 12.2 or better for the entire update"!!! So maybe those with a bad update had a lower SOC than needed. After those updates my trucks seemed to run better and get 1-3 better mpg. Who knows for sure???

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Also maybe when the update is done the download of the update was corrupted??? When remote tech did mine in my driveway he placed his "cellular frequency receiver" on the roof of his escape for a better signal. I don't know if it just updated that my vin # had received update AND/OR the most recent version of the update was actually done at update time. The tech did say that quite a few of the modules were updating by both 23E07 & 23E09.
Sponsored