Sponsored

Got recalls done and now my Hybrid Mav is full of problems.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 ford maverick lariat hybrid. Went in for oil change and while there told dealer to do all 3 recalls. Since then truck has shut down 2 different times on road and been dealership twice and is currently still there with no solution. I ask if could put old program back in because had no issues until a few days afterwards.
they should backup and save the old software set - that's pretty much the first step before modifying any software, that way if probs occur that might be new sf related they can put the old stuff back and see if the new probs go away.
Sponsored

swtiming8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Recalls are scary stuff you would think that manufacturers have researched the impact a recall will have before releasing it. I only have two recalls open the 24C01 and 23C41 but no 23P18. I’m not rushing to have either recalls done based on the horror stories I keep reading here and other sources and because I’m not seeing any evidence of a problem.

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's the airbag fix/issue? I have a 23 Lariat AWD 4K ECO and never heard of any airbag issue so far. Only 1 software update done but truck seemed to reset and fix all the issues it caused after a few hours of driving and restarts, No other issues so far at 15K. Sometimes wish I had a hydrid for the gas mileage since I only get 27-28 on rural roads and 30-31 on average for long highway trips. Getting 40 would have been nice but I tow trailers once in a while and 2K would be an issue, esp at docks with 2wd.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the airbag fix/issue?
2022 Mavericks manufactured before July 9, 2022 required replacement of the side curtain airbags as the installed parts did not meet federal test performance criteria.

Sponsored

thin_crimson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Can you do the same for me? I had the software update done two weeks ago, the truck has been at the dealer since then waiting for a solution, and as of yesterday they still hadn't heard from Ford on how to fix it.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the thing to take note here is the 23P18 PCM recall seems to be the issue. I think we all need to investigate as to why only certain VIN#'s are getting this recall and others are not. The posters vehicle (according to his profile) is a 2023 Hybrid Lariat. I have seen this issue mostly with 2022 Hybrids, so, there must be a VIN# associated with the 23P18 PCM recall. I have a 2023 Hybrid XLT and my VIN# does not require this recall. I wonder why?
I still am worried about having my cluster and turn signal recall performed. Especially after hearing others having issues. If my cluster gives me a problem I will take it to the dealer. Mine is going on six months old with only 2300 miles on it. When I go in for my first oil change they will want to do the recalls. I will share my concerns about others on MTC having issues after recalls performed. I can bet they will say you can't believe what you read on this forum. I know my salesman didn't believe things I told him I learned here. Like the rebate on the bed rails if you got the spray in liner. Then he said oh here it is I didn't know that. I told him why would people lie about things. Especially if more than one person said the same thing.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I still am worried about having my cluster and turn signal recall performed. Especially after hearing others having issues. If my cluster gives me a problem I will take it to the dealer. Mine is going on six months old with only 2300 miles on it. When I go in for my first oil change they will want to do the recalls. I will share my concerns about others on MTC having issues after recalls performed. I can bet they will say you can't believe what you read on this forum. I know my salesman didn't believe things I told him I learned here. Like the rebate on the bed rails if you got the spray in liner. Then he said oh here it is I didn't know that. I told him why would people lie about things. Especially if more than one person said the same thing.
Do the oil change on your own. If you can't, try your local jiffy lube (or equivalent). The dealer is obligated to do the recalls.

Last edited:

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2022 Mavericks manufactured before July 9, 2022 required replacement of the side curtain airbags as the installed parts did not meet federal test performance criteria.
2024 and this country still has airbag after airbag issues with our vehicles. Federal government needs to impose heavy fines on companies and manufacturers with these defective bag recalls and maybe it will put an end to these constant problems. There is no excuse for defective or substandard airbags in a brand new vehicle. Just about every vehicle I have owned in the last 15 years has had airbag recalls and needed replacements,,,,,GT500, Civic, Crossfire, Escape etc...etc.

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 ford maverick lariat hybrid. Went in for oil change and while there told dealer to do all 3 recalls. Since then truck has shut down 2 different times on road and been dealership twice and is currently still there with no solution. I ask if could put old program back in because had no issues until a few days afterwards.
To add a little to the story. This truck was supposed to be a 22 but fell in that hole of not getting done so reworked order and got 23 but then figured out it wasn’t completely what was ask for so just this week my 24 Mav was built. Ooooo boy not sure how this gonna pan out. I would have thought that someone from Ford would have reached out but not as of yet. Another little surprise ordered another 24 Mav on top of others so that makes 3. This may be an ooo s… moment.

Sponsored

MaverickMom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022, Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You would think it's pretty straight forward to download a new software to the vehicle right? Unless they are inputting wrong information about the vehicle, I don't see how they could mess this up
I am wondering if it is specific modules they are patching. If so, since it hasn't affected all hybrids, maybe the modules were built by different manufacturers or there was a slight change mid year in the production of the module. This will impact the firmware/software they are installing. 1 size doesn't necessarily fit all even if the part number is the same. We have had computers all the same model, year of production that have completely different drivers because one chip like the NIC may have been change ever so slightly.

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I cancelled my recall appointment. Maybe I am being reactionary but I have over 33k mileage with zero issues. I done none of the earlier recalls. The issues some other hybrid owners are having after this software patch need to ironed out before I venture to do it..
Sponsored