OP
OP

Valace2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
How water tight is it?
Supposedly it is supposed to be pretty water tight, it has weather stripping all the way around.

Plan on taking the truck to a car wash tomorrow will get a good idea how water tight it is then.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea I paid to get it done, but I've spent more for less lol.

Loving the look and the latches are easy to reach, done spending on my truck for awhile
Compress_20211209_130142_2843.jpg
Compress_20211209_130143_3724.jpg
Looks great (even with the footprints 😁)!! This is the one I've about decided to pull the trigger on myself. Where did you order from & how long did it take to arrive? Lead time is pretty long right now (well not Maverick long...but you know).

OP
OP

Valace2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Looks great (even with the footprints 😁)!! This is the one I've about decided to pull the trigger on myself. Where did you order from & how long did it take to arrive? Lead time is pretty long right now (well not Maverick long...but you know).
Lol it was around $1,050, which is pricey but I wanted the Line X covering on it, and you can prop it without it hitting the cab which is a definite plus.

Ordered it on the 29th of November so not much of a wait time at all, and it arrived a day early.

Ordered it from https://tonneaucoversworld.com/c/tonneau-covers/v/ford/maverick/2022/

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Supposedly it is supposed to be pretty water tight, it has weather stripping all the way around.

Plan on taking the truck to a car wash tomorrow will get a good idea how water tight it is then.
How’d it hold up after the car wash? Picked up my hybrid yesterday, I need to make a decision soon.

OP
OP

Valace2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
How’d it hold up after the car wash? Picked up my hybrid yesterday, I need to make a decision soon.
Haven't actually taken it thru one yet, but I drove back home from Detroit last night 80 miles in a monsoon with a load of stuff, family emergency and the bed was virtually bone dry.

It was amazing.

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven't actually taken it thru one yet, but I drove back home from Detroit last night 80 miles in a monsoon with a load of stuff, family emergency and the bed was virtually bone dry.

It was amazing.
That's good to hear! I'm thinking it's between armor and backflip, MX4 seems to be out of stock in most places, and I really can't wait because I use my trunk for work, end it absolutely needs to be covered. I have a Tacoma with a snug top lid, it's 100% waterproof, so this is going to be a new experience for me. Thanks for the info. Is that Matte black or gloss?

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We’re serious about purchasing the same cover for our Maverick whenever we receive it. Thanks for your post and great photos. Please keep us informed as to how the cover performs !

OP
OP

Valace2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
We’re serious about purchasing the same cover for our Maverick whenever we receive it. Thanks for your post and great photos. Please keep us informed as to how the cover performs !
Ran it through the car wash today and a little soapy water ended up in the bed towards the front, but its not 100% but it's darn close. That's a car wash though, after an hour in pouring down rain, it was almost Bone dry.
Sponsored