First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The decision is in! Originally wanted the MX4, no time to wait on back order, then I thought of the armor flex, but the clock was ticking and I needed the cover for daily work use.
Pulled the trigger on Tuesday, had it installed yesterday along with a Leer LED light bar, which was pulled from my former truck, now I can drive my Mav!
I'll take pics tonight to show the lights!
BedRug XLT shipped today, and it will match the interior of the cover.
I have a snugtop lid on my former truck and I am so glad I won't need a key to open and close every time!!

Ford Maverick UNDERCOVER ULTRA FLEX TONNEAU COVER installed 914CD056-C867-4A80-8C47-F71E668B12FF

Ford Maverick UNDERCOVER ULTRA FLEX TONNEAU COVER installed 04E18CEF-2842-4CA8-818D-7F609FF50372
Sponsored

Last edited:

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks good. I'll be installing mine tomorrow.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks good. When ours comes in it will be the Armor Flex version, both pretty similar. Fit looks good

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I ordered the Armor Flex was delayed. I waited too long for BakFlip so I got the Ultra. Very happy and it fits well. One thing, though, the tonneau rail clamps block the tie down rail in three places. The sliding tie down has a very short slide range.

Retiredguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick,2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Ec
Was the install difficult? Looks like a great fit.

Sponsored

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered the Armor Flex was delayed. I waited too long for BakFlip so I got the Ultra. Very happy and it fits well. One thing, though, the tonneau rail clamps block the tie down rail in three places. The sliding tie down has a very short slide range.
I am seriously considering purchasing the Armor Flex cover also for installation when our Maverick is delivered. I emailed the manufacturer for information concerning this exact topic with the sliding tie down track and if it would restrict its function. I have not received a reply from them and a BIG thanks to you for your posting, I now have a answer. I really love their product but has me reconsidering the purchase . Thanks again for your information!

Retiredguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick,2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Ford Ec
What was the cost of the BedRug and where did you order.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was able to get by the clamps by the cab. Driver side had to force. The two on each side toward the back of the bed were really in the way. When I get time and want more aggregation I will try resetting the clamps to get clearance. If the fronts clear the rear one should as well.

OP
OP
LadyMav

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What was the cost of the BedRug and where did you order.
There are two types of BedRugs available for the Mav, XLT & Impact, check their website, both are the same price $183 shipped, I ordered direct from their website. Hope this helps!

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer has a display of the Undercover model like this. I like the carpeting on the underside of the cover. You indicate you first were going for the MX4 instead. Why did you prefer that one and what differences would you say there are between the two?

Sponsored
OP
OP
LadyMav

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer has a display of the Undercover model like this. I like the carpeting on the underside of the cover. You indicate you first were going for the MX4 instead. Why did you prefer that one and what differences would you say there are between the two?
MX4 was highly recommended by a few friends who have them on their vehicles with no problems or complaints after several years. They are very similar, MX4 folds up against the rear cab, whereas the Ultra folds up and stands on it’s own.

Last edited:

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was able to get by the clamps by the cab. Driver side had to force. The two on each side toward the back of the bed were really in the way. When I get time and want more aggregation I will try resetting the clamps to get clearance. If the fronts clear the rear one should as well.
If you try to increase the clearance of the clamps, let us know if you were successful. I am still considering this cover.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No luck repositioning the clamps. I removed the rails and used the bolts and holes to add "D" rings from Amazon. In the meanwhile I am modifying the sliding tiedown on the rail by shaving the top half of the aluminum tie so it clears the tonneau clamps. Give me a couple of days and I'll test and post pictures.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, I trimmed the slide and repainted. It clears the tonneau clamps and I can get full use of the rail. Decided not to use the rails anyway as I like the "D" rings I installed. Now I have more attachment points in the middle of the bed. See attached picture. On the other side I didn't notch the slide, but, cut the whole top off the slide. Took way less time.

Ford Maverick UNDERCOVER ULTRA FLEX TONNEAU COVER installed PXL_20220106_194439736.MP (002)

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone interested here is how I modified the other slide so it cleared the undercover ultra clamps.

Ford Maverick UNDERCOVER ULTRA FLEX TONNEAU COVER installed slides
Sponsored