Girl Truck?

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
It's interesting to see what men consider "girly" when you're a girl.
Not sure what a girly truck is, but the LRE above is definitely female. Look at that waist and hips. (Just ignore me I am old cis and white)
Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like they (Ford) just can't help themselves in making trucks bigger! Of course, it probably just because the rear passenger compartment is gone.
Very true. I do like that the Ranger will actually look like it belongs in the line up now with the design language of the F-x50’s and Maverick, but I agree with you. I’m sure the little Maverick will eventually expand its waistline and fluff up a bit, but for now I am happy with what’s happening.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very true. I do like that the Ranger will actually look like it belongs in the line up now with the design language of the F-x50’s and Maverick, but I agree with you. I’m sure the little Maverick will eventually expand its waistline and fluff up a bit, but for now I am happy with what’s happening.
Another reason to get a Maverick before the force feeding for fatting starts to happen!! :ROFLMAO:

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another reason to get a Maverick before the force feeding for fatting starts to happen!! :ROFLMAO:
Well, that should happen in a few years when he’s all settled and doesn’t think you’ll leave it for another truck…

Sponsored

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
As a 27-year-old woman ordering one in Cactus Grey, I don't think the Maverick is a girly truck. In fact, in my opinion, the wide front on the Maverick comes off as very masculine. If I was designing my own truck, I'd choose a front end more like the new Ranger. Just my opinion, though, and to be fair the Maverick front end has been growing on me.

I think the Area 51 color hits a very gender-neutral area that appeals to both men and women. It seems to straddle the line between powder blue and storm grey, but doesn't cross too far into either color. Definitely a home run for Ford.

If anything, I think the Maverick is a very youthful truck. The XLT trim, in particular, with the bright orange accents, comes off as very Millennial to me (as a Millennial myself). Same with the bright and interesting exterior color choices (especially the cactus grey, area 51, and cyber orange) and the affordable price point. I think the truck itself was designed very intentionally to appeal to a younger audience, and this may be partly where the "girly" perception is coming from.

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick; Moto - Scrambler UE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure what a girly truck is, but the LRE above is definitely female. Look at that waist and hips. (Just ignore me I am old cis and white)
LOL guess you've not seen some of the more convincing fembois.

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Wait, do Ford is Italian now?
LOL guess you've not seen some of the more convincing fembois.
I live near ATL and have a few friends who happen to be drag queens on a pro basis. Not my cuppa, but it’s not like they brought work when we all got together to do things (typically game in those days)

besides I am on record for my opinion, if you need to buy something to define your anything, you are doing whatever it is wrong. Buy what you want, play how you want, but be yourself and know why you do it.

DucFae

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Area 51 color hits a very gender-neutral area that appeals to both men and women. It seems to straddle the line between powder blue and storm grey, but doesn't cross too far into either color. Definitely a home run for Ford.

If anything, I think the Maverick is a very youthful truck.
100% agree, it comes off as an urban truck, maybe even a bit hipstery. Hell even their photo is targeted at our generation.

Ford Maverick Girl Truck? 1629399675027

It's a pretty cringe photo but I guess if you wanna iconify that demographic. The fact that there are 4 women in the photo probably helps with the "girl truck" vibe that others are talking about.

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think urban truck is a very fitting title. Its not something I would buy if I needed something on a farm or for real work. But for the occasional HD/Lowes run its going to be great, while still giving me the MPG I need for something I will put 80 miles on every day. Its not a gender thing, its a vehicle description.

The only vehicle I ever saw and thought "thats a girly car" was a pink VW Beetle.

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
I think urban truck is a very fitting title. Its not something I would buy if I needed something on a farm or for real work. But for the occasional HD/Lowes run its going to be great, while still giving me the MPG I need for something I will put 80 miles on every day. Its not a gender thing, its a vehicle description.
That's exactly what I plan to use it for. Urban truck indeed.

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[QUOTE="... bright orange accents comes off as very Millennial to me"
[/QUOTE]

Learned something new here today, that orange attracts millennials.

I believe the forum poll was that a majority of buyers here are 50+.

The Maverick asked the Ranger, how do you think I look in this parking space ? :rolleyes:

GApeach

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m a woman who also will be using the Mav as a “toad” vehicle behind my E350 class c rv…in addition to HD and landscaping runs. Area 51 because blue is my favorite color but is lighter so helps with heat in Georgia.

To me, the Mav is what you’d get if you washed an F150 in hot water then dried it on high heat…

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
"bright orange accents comes off as very Millennial to me"

Learned something new here today, that orange attracts millennials.

I believe the forum poll was that a majority of buyers here are 50+.

The Maverick asked the Ranger, how do you think I look in this parking space ? :rolleyes:
My point was more that the interior on the XLT is very much non-traditional, especially for a mid-level trim in its price point. For the most part, we usually get black on black or black on grey interiors, with the occasional white or beige thrown in here or there. In contrast, the XLT trim is colorful and even trendy, at least in my opinion.

Maybe the 50+ members of this forum could care less either way, but I like the fun color options. They're conversation starters, for one, and there's nothing wrong with having pride in how your car looks. *wink wink, nudge nudge to the 50+ people with classic cars here*
Sponsored