First Name
Lea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I guess I'll be the only one actually answering OP's question lol as a 25 yo woman myself I totally get what your wife is saying, though I call it a "baby truck". I love that the Mav doesn't look like a big honking construction truck, but just a small, usable everyday truck. I can fit friends, pets, and future kids in there while still getting all my dirt and junk from Lowes in the bed lol much more usable than an SUV with fluffy fabric in the trunk.
Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife when asked what the Maverick looks like describes it as a "girl truck." I'm just curious how many women we have here.
I am, and I'm driving a Ram 1500 right now, and that's not considered a "girl truck". If I wanted a girl truck I would have bought a F-150 (its not common knowledge that the F stands for "Feminine").

With regard to guys' trucks, word is that if the truck is unusually large, then a guy is compensating for being small. Logically, if a guy picks a small truck, then it follows he must be compensating for being big. Mav exudes B.D.E. Its science. 🔬

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am, and I'm driving a Ram 1500 right now, and that's not considered a "girl truck". If I wanted a girl truck I would have bought a F-150 (its not common knowledge that the F stands for "Feminine").

With regard to guys' trucks, word is that if the truck is unusually large, then a guy is compensating for being small. Logically, if a guy picks a small truck, then it follows he must be compensating for being big. Mav exudes B.D.E. Its science. 🔬
What about when they dangle those things off the trailer hitch? Does that make it a boy truck or just something else? 🤣 😆 🙂

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ask her what is the girliest color ?
Hoping its not A51.
My order is on hold until I hear back from her.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
What about when they dangle those things off the trailer hitch? Does that make it a boy truck or just something else? 🤣 😆 🙂
I think that those are an invitation.

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ask her what is the girliest color ?
Hoping its not A51.
My order is on hold until I hear back from her.
:ROFLMAO: I have wondered if the popular Area 51 color would be as appealing to customers if Ford had chosen a color-specific name like powder blue, or pastel blue or sky blue.

But my 2 cents is it doesn't matter what people think is the "girliest color" of if the the truck looks like a "girl's truck" or not. As others have already said in similar words, the only opinion that really matters is the one that's buying and driving the thing.

That's what I keep muttering to myself anyway. ;)

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
:ROFLMAO: I have wondered if the popular Area 51 color would be as appealing to customers if
I don't understand, why would Ford have chosen a color-specific name like powder "puff" blue, or pastel blue or sky blue, for the more manly sounding AREA51 ?

Sponsored

CoachJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 RSX, 1996 Chevy S10 SS
My wife when asked what the Maverick looks like describes it as a "girl truck." I'm just curious how many women we have here.
I'm a girl ordering one for me and I'm sure my husband will use it a lot!

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a girl ordering one for me and I'm sure my husband will use it a lot!
So what color did you choose?

Are you sure your husband will use it alot because you discussed it with him beforehand ?

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux!!!, E450 Lazy Daze Motorhome
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a girl and I ordered my Maverick to tow behind my big old E450 motorhome that I drive all by myself. So I'll have a baby truck towed behind big old momma truck. Of course I ordered that "girly" Area 51 color. ;)
Sponsored