Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can go buy a Santa Cruz right now, I cannot go buy a Maverick. Why is Hyundai able to pull it off and Ford can't?
The Santa Cruz's preordering was much different than the Maverick. They had preorders before pricing was even announced. Or estimated mileage. And like other eastern brands there wasn't true custom build, just matching closest to what the factory put out. So not that big of an advantage versus buying off the lot so most of the stock is just going to dealers.
Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Santa cruise is not my first choice for several reasons, I did get the Maverick.... But here's the thing... The development on the Maverick and the development of Santa Cruz are about the same... The release date is very similar. I can go buy a Santa Cruz right now, I cannot go buy a Maverick. Why is Hyundai able to pull it off and Ford can't? And pent up demand, okay, there certainly is.... And that just shows how inept Ford was to get rid of the small truck to begin with.
Maybe nobody is buying the Santa Cruz. I won’t drive. Hyundai

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the development department doesn’t work on delivery they work in development.

Ford is a global business, not just in the U.S. so it makes since for other countries to pick up the Ford Maverick.

the chips being used for the 90s is apart of the issue but not entirely. How do we explain the cell phone, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo shortages? Are they using the old chips too? Not to mention supply constraints for nearly all materials and food world wide. Picking on the chip shortage is an easy go to but is short sided at best.

Being fed up and on the verge of telling Ford to do them selfs sounds like anger to me. Also picking on fanboy on a site with Maverick fans is a bit like picking a fight at a bar.

Last edited:

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Santa cruise is not my first choice for several reasons, I did get the Maverick.... But here's the thing... The development on the Maverick and the development of Santa Cruz are about the same... The release date is very similar. I can go buy a Santa Cruz right now, I cannot go buy a Maverick. Why is Hyundai able to pull it off and Ford can't? And pent up demand, okay, there certainly is.... And that just shows how inept Ford was to get rid of the small truck to begin with.
But the Maverick is available and outsold the Santa Cruz in October.
2022 Ford Maverick Outsold The 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz In October (fordauthority.com)

As I said above; I hear ya. I feel your pain. You say you're not angry, but anger is reflected in your posts. I'm not posting here to argue with you. Once anyone gets to the point that they've had enough, then they have had enough. I'm not there yet. Several people have posted here in the last few months to say they aren't going to wait or can't wait any longer and are moving on. Each of us has to make that decision for ourselves.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Us.

After all those who want the least expensive whatever seem to ignore the higher priced whatever made here in the USA which results in the whatevers not being made in the USA but being produced where costs are lower.
Cost is only part of the issue and I'm not sure when all said and done it really is any part of the issue. The thing that has decimated US manufacturing when it comes to automobiles is quality. Nothing automobile-wise made in the United States can compete with the quality that comes from Japan and now South Korea. There's a reason why people think Toyota/Lexus is a good value and it has nothing to do with the price. It has everything to do with the engineering and build quality of the vehicles. When you find a Toyota/Lexus vehicle with 250,000 miles you think it's barely broken in... With the exception of some pickup trucks, when you see an American made vehicle with 250,000 miles on it you figure it's about used up.

Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I unfortunately cannot relate to (as I only ordered in September), but can certainly understand the frustration from everyone who has ordered in June/July and are still not scheduled. However I think what needs to be kept in mind is, this truck just got through it's first full month of production. So yes, you have been waiting going on 6 month now, but realistic, you have been waiting a month and half from when production started. Now as to why those orders are not scheduled yet, there are a ton of other threads speculating constraints, allocations, supply issues, etc. so that is a whole other story. Be frustrated over the lack of communication and transparency, not how long you have been waiting because in reality, it has not been that long.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Whats funny is the Santa Cruz is an American made car (Alabama). While the Maverick is not an American made car. Maybe the key here is to make in America..

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
I hope to get my hybrid Lariat Lux by May. I ordered mid-July. But the truth is, I’ll stick with the Maverick until there is something equivalent in capability, mpg, and price on the market. I would love an a electric version of something like the Maverick, but would like 300 mile range at around the same price point (31k). I would even take less features to do it, but I think that combo is still 5-10 years down the road.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I unfortunately cannot relate to (as I only ordered in September), but can certainly understand the frustration from everyone who has ordered in June/July and are still not scheduled. However I think what needs to be kept in mind is, this truck just got through it's first full month of production. So yes, you have been waiting going on 6 month now, but realistic, you have been waiting a month and half from when production started. Now as to why those orders are not scheduled yet, there are a ton of other threads speculating constraints, allocations, supply issues, etc. so that is a whole other story. Be frustrated over the lack of communication and transparency, not how long you have been waiting because in reality, it has not been that long.
☝This!

Sponsored
OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the development department doesn’t work on delivery they work in development.

Ford is a global business, not just in the U.S. so it makes since for other countries to pick up the Ford Maverick.

the chips being used for the 90s is apart of the issue but not entirely. How do we explain the cell phone, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo shortages? Are try using the old chips too?
Part of development is efficient manufacturing and making sure one's able to deliver the products in a timely manner.
Well I couldn't care less about game console shortages... Adults who play games all the time are losers and parents who allow their kids to do it are irresponsible and it borders on abuse. I'm personally of the opinion we should be out there being productive, actually doing something useful in life and not sitting on our asses playing games for hours on end. Well hell what do I know I don't waste my life watching television either. However, American sit on their ass playing video games the people of China are busting their ass being productive and that's why China is kicking our ass, they have focus and a work ethic. Btw...The chip shortage is not hurting Tesla and that is because Tesla is using modern chips in their vehicles.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But the Maverick is available and outsold the Santa Cruz in October.
2022 Ford Maverick Outsold The 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz In October (fordauthority.com)

As I said above; I hear ya. I feel your pain. You say you're not angry, but anger is reflected in your posts. I'm not posting here to argue with you. Once anyone gets to the point that they've had enough, then they have had enough. I'm not there yet. Several people have posted here in the last few months to say they aren't going to wait or can't wait any longer and are moving on. Each of us has to make that decision for ourselves.
People confuse strong opinion with anger. I personally am capable of having a strong opinion without being angry. Do I find it irksome? sure, but that is different than anger.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Well I couldn't care less about game console shortages...
Your personal opinions on people who play video games aside... I can guarantee you they are probably just as upset over their PS5 shipment being delayed as you are over your truck.

The point that was being made is this is not isolated to just Ford and the Maverick....

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Part of development is efficient manufacturing and making sure one's able to deliver the products in a timely manner.
Well I couldn't care less about game console shortages... Adults who play games all the time are losers and parents who allow their kids to do it are irresponsible and it borders on abuse. I'm personally of the opinion we should be out there being productive, actually doing something useful in life and not sitting on our asses playing games for hours on end. Well hell what do I know I don't waste my life watching television either. However, American sit on their ass playing video games the people of China are busting their ass being productive and that's why China is kicking our ass, they have focus and a work ethic. Btw...The chip shortage is not hurting Tesla and that is because Tesla is using modern chips in their vehicles.
Me slowly walking away sitting on my ass all day reading a forum.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your personal opinions on people who play video games aside... I can guarantee you they are probably just as upset over their PS5 shipment being delayed as you are over your truck.

The point that was being made is this is not isolated to just Ford and the Maverick....
Perhaps, although I use my trucks to make a living, employ other people, and contribute to the economy. So the levels of upset may be the same, the effects are not.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.