AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm getting fed up. I read how Ford is developing the Rattler and it may be available first quarter of 22. I read how Ford is now offering the Maverick in Argentina. Meanwhile the Maverick I ordered 4 months ago as of today (a loaded hybrid lariat) has yet to be scheduled to be built. I will be candid, the Santa Cruz is starting to catch my attention. The only reason I'm not telling Ford to go do themselves it's because I want the hybrid. But I am getting fed up.
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear ya. Almost 5 months for me, and my hybrid is built but they won't ship it. The Santa Cruz just doesn't work for me plus I do not care for the styling. And the price....nope, can't do it. The Maverick checks all the boxes for me, so I wait.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We’re two months into new launch with known constraints on scheduling. I’m assuming from your wording you ordered with the lux package. Unfortunately it’s going to be an uphill battle to get scheduled, but your anger will only affect you.
Allocations for this month are very promising, about 200 just from Chapman & Long McArthur, and they’ll only go up from here.
It’s just another 3-6 months for vehicle you’ll likely have for the next 5-10 years.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Judging capacity vs demand for a brand new vehicle has to be extremely difficult. Demand seems to be through the roof which is bad enough but then we have the global supply issues on top of it. There probably just isn't enough predictability in the chain at this point. It's frustrating for sure.

I'm prepared to be patient but if enough time passes and nothing seems to change I may look at other options.

Sponsored

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Hopefully you stay on board. You’re this far in already. It’s only been a couple of months now for everyone as far as when Ford was going to start building.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We’re two months into new launch with known constraints on scheduling. I’m assuming from your wording you ordered with the lux package. Unfortunately it’s going to be an uphill battle to get scheduled, but your anger will only affect you.
Allocations for this month are very promising, about 200 just from Chapman & Long McArthur, and they’ll only go up from here.
It’s just another 3-6 months for vehicle you’ll likely have for the next 5-10 years.
What anger? Can one not be fed up without being angry? I'm certainly capable of such, aren't you? Now I will tell you I find condescending fanboy retorts amusing, so thank you for that. But you miss my point entirely, which is to be expected from a fanboy. The reality is they're putting effort into developing the Rattler they're putting effort into sending the Maverick Argentina, but they're not even doing the most simple thing and that is to get the vehicles in a timely manner to the people that have ordered them. And the chip shortage thing... you know if Ford, GM and all had not still use chips straight from the '90s... produced in wafer fabs that were antique 20 years ago, we would not be in this situation. But let's say you're right, it is an uphill battle not of Ford's making.... I know when I have an uphill battle to fight I try to come up with more distractions and more crap to pile on to help me go up the hill.
Also, let's keep in mind the Maverick is not a clean sheet new build. It's basically a parts bin vehicle. Many many if not most of the parts including the platform it's built upon, the engines drive train, and countless other bits and pieces are already available on other vehicles.

Last edited:

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered just hoping by May 1st, 2022 I would see my vehicle. Since according to Ford??? Sales will not commence until Dec 8th 2021

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear ya. Almost 5 months for me, and my hybrid is built but they won't ship it. The Santa Cruz just doesn't work for me plus I do not care for the styling. And the price....nope, can't do it. The Maverick checks all the boxes for me, so I wait.
The Santa cruise is not my first choice for several reasons, I did get the Maverick.... But here's the thing... The development on the Maverick and the development of Santa Cruz are about the same... The release date is very similar. I can go buy a Santa Cruz right now, I cannot go buy a Maverick. Why is Hyundai able to pull it off and Ford can't? And pent up demand, okay, there certainly is.... And that just shows how inept Ford was to get rid of the small truck to begin with.

Last edited:
Sponsored

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who do we blame for America's reliance on offshore parts and suppliers?

DCP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2018 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe Toyota will release a little PHEV pickup at the same price before my Maverick ships? Probably not, but that’s about the only thing that would make me bail.
Same here. If Toyota has a similar product before the Maverick arrives, I'll likely move on.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here. If Toyota has a similar product before the Maverick arrives, I'll likely move on.
If Toyota has a similar product AFTER the Maverick arrives, I'll definitely move on.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who do we blame for America's reliance on offshore parts and suppliers?
Us.

After all those who want the least expensive whatever seem to ignore the higher priced whatever made here in the USA which results in the whatevers not being made in the USA but being produced where costs are lower.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.