Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2018 WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does the Explorer cluster allow traction control to still be turned on and off with the console mounted button?

The escape cluster doesn’t allow for it
Yes, the traction control button functions as normal with the explorer cluster. I forgot to mention that in my original post.
Sponsored

ryan2366

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nope, I gave up. Since that button configuration does not exist on the escape there is not way to program it.

I honestly don’t intend on using it (I’ve only ever used it to do snow donuts). If I need traction disabled I just switch it to Sand/Snow mode and it does what it needs to do.

I did disable this through the ABS module so the DTC doesn’t pop up. It is not required, but I didn’t want any questions about the DTC from the dealer.
Hi,

Just curious. What DTc were you getting for traction control and what did you do to disable it.

RONR11

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of note, that one is specifically from an Escape plug-in hybrid. Note the empty battery symbol and the "-- mi" next to it (that's where it would show the battery state of charge and the estimated electric only range). Might have something to do with your codes.
Thanks I wondered what the empty battery symbol was. I know my hybrid don’t have that

Jacques_rock

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all, long time no talk. I finally finished my dash. it works great! thanks for everyone laying the groundwork to solve all the issues I came across.

One thing I unfortunately found out is the clear lens cover for the dash is virtually impossible to find by itself! I had my unit ready to install but didn't feel comfortable without the clear lens. I ended up ordering a second unit and swapped my lens for the complete one.

That being said I have a second unit with the black housing ready and sitting in my room. If anyone wants it I'm willing to part ways with it for $100+shipping. Its 35,566.5mi ecoboost unit LJ6T-10849-DEK (might want to reach out to Dave from Clusters by livinitup to correct the milage). Just to be abundantly clear, the lens is basically impossible to find and this unit doesn't have it. Its still fully functional, just missing the clear protective plastic in front of the screen.

Ill include a picture for anyone interested. feel free to DM me if you're interested or have any questions.
Ford Maverick Full digital gauge cluster from Ford Escape swap into Maverick IMG_3985-1

RONR11

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of note, that one is specifically from an Escape plug-in hybrid. Note the empty battery symbol and the "-- mi" next to it (that's where it would show the battery state of charge and the estimated electric only range). Might have something to do with your codes.
Sent it to Dave and he did “as built” and all good on screen. Still got the 110/111 codes but don’t seem to have any effect

Sponsored

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Full digital gauge cluster from Ford Escape swap into Maverick IMG_0875
Ford Maverick Full digital gauge cluster from Ford Escape swap into Maverick IMG_0874
Ford Maverick Full digital gauge cluster from Ford Escape swap into Maverick IMG_0873
EXPLORER ST
DIGITAL CLUSTER

Fits Maverick
with minor trimming
BIGGGGG improvement over stock unit also over the Escape cluster

NO WIRING needed
Use existing plug. Pops right it.

My friend has installed the same model cluster in his Maverick and raves about it.

The odometer shows approximately 20,000 miles

Mileage can be raised using Forscan. As I understand, many speedometer shops can lower mileage for about $100 +/-

Some ask you to sign a form saying the mileage change is because you’re replacing your existing cluster. Some ask for proof they are matching your current mileage. One asks you to include: A picture of your current odometer, a written date, your VIN and name in the picture. I don’t know if the requirements are the same with all shops. The objective is; No “funny” business/cheating

Small hairline crack on the bezel at the extreme left, towards the top.
Hardly (IF AT ALL) visible when installed

If you choose, you can buy a new bezel from Ford for about 20-30 dollars and replace it

Iffffffff you can find one of these clusters, which isn’t likely, they’re usually $1,200-$1,400.

$598 shipped to lower 48 states. Pay via PayPal- That way we’re BOTH protected 😀

I will ship the same, or next, business day. Promise!

Thank you

Last edited:

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMG_0875.jpeg
IMG_0874.jpeg
IMG_0873.jpeg
EXPLORER KING RANCH
DIGITAL CLUSTER

Fits Maverick
with minor trimming
BIGGGGG improvement over stock unit also over the Escape cluster

NO WIRING needed
Use existing plug. Pops right it.

My friend has installed the same model cluster in his Maverick and raves about it.

The odometer shows approximately 20,000 miles

Mileage can be raised using Forscan. As I understand, many speedometer shops can lower mileage for about $100 +/-

Some ask you to sign a form saying the mileage change is because you’re replacing your existing cluster. Some ask for proof they are matching your current mileage. One asks you to include: A picture of your current odometer, a written date, your VIN and name in the picture. I don’t know if the requirements are the same with all shops. The objective is; No “funny” business/cheating

Small hairline crack on the bezel at the extreme left, towards the top.
Hardly (IF AT ALL) visible when installed

If you choose, you can buy a new bezel from Ford for about 20-30 dollars and replace it

Iffffffff you can find one of these clusters, which isn’t likely, they’re usually $1,200-$1,400.

$598 shipped to lower 48 states. Pay via PayPal- That way we’re BOTH protected 😀

I will ship the same, or next, business day. Promise!

Thank you
Sent you a DM, my friend.

fordlover3874

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've added the Escape digital cluster for the Maverick to my website for anyone interested. Currently any Hybrid clusters on the website started out as a gas cluster but I changed firmware, etc. on them to convert to Hybrid.
Does it just need to be programmed with forscan or does the EEPROM need to be reflashed? Also, much to get a gas cluster converted to a Hybrid? no mile update needed.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150
Engine
Undecided
Does it just need to be programmed with forscan or does the EEPROM need to be reflashed? Also, much to get a gas cluster converted to a Hybrid? no mile update needed.
Converting a cluster from gas to hybrid cannot be done by firmware alone in FORScan; there's an additional step that must be done. The flashing process takes about 5 hours and if anything goes wrong, the cluster can be bricked so I don't want to offer this service as an option on clusters sent to me at this time because I don't want to be liable for a customer-owned cluster getting bricked.
Sponsored