ranxoren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Engine
Undecided
Hi everyone!

New member here but with a bit of a twist, I am a Bronco Sport owner and wanted to ask you all a question on this thread. First off let me start that saying that I LOVE the Maverick and that this thread is illuminating!

I saw that @DTF-Garage was able to use a Bronco Sport cluster in his Maverick.
So my thought/question here is:
- If he was able to put a Bronco Sport cluster in a Maverick and
- You can put an Escape cluster in a Maverick then
- Presumably the Escape cluster should work in the Bronco Sport I think?

Sorry for asking a non-Maverick related question but this would help the Bronco Sport community a lot as I asked around on the BS forums and nobody was able to answer whether I can even just use the Outer Banks cluster (upgrade from my Big Bend cluster).

Thanks so much everyone in advance!
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thread is beautiful. I loved this cluster in my Escape and it was a big selling point for me. Fully loaded Mavericks should look like this, and have the same Sync with navigation the more premium Escapes have. I'm still a bit depressed by the lack of Navigation in mine. I find Android auto to be kinda meh... especially if you need to access the vehicle settings in the infotainment center. You have to unplug (another ding IMHO - lack of wireless Android Auto) and then you can get the normal settings. Just bleh.

But really no reason the Mavericks Hybrids especially the Lariats should not come default with the full digital cluster. Ecoboosts too on that level. It's kind of odd that a fully loaded Maverick is still less fully loaded than the same year model Escape and it's basically the same damn vehicle!

Zolutar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 21 Bronco Sport OB+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I frequent the BS forums as well and yes, as of yet, no one in the BS community has tried this and posted as yet.
The Bronco does not have a hybrid version so the extra whistles and bells with the digital gauge for hybrids really doesn't apply, but for the regular ecoboost engine,. it still has extra goodies.
The problem here is like the Maverick. While being a sister vehicle all should work, but tinkering with Forscan to make it work would involve alot of trial and error being a pioneer in this field.

The BS I feel is a little more main stream, demographics are skewed a little more older as well, and thus you don't see the "modders" that you will see with the Maverick.

Can it be done? Very likely, yes, Will it be done? eventually and possibly already has but just no one has posted it. Is it simply plug and play? hell no seeing the Mav experience..

I'd love to have it myself one day in both vehicles but don't have the time or money to invest into it sadly.

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread is beautiful. I loved this cluster in my Escape and it was a big selling point for me. Fully loaded Mavericks should look like this, and have the same Sync with navigation the more premium Escapes have. I'm still a bit depressed by the lack of Navigation in mine. I find Android auto to be kinda meh... especially if you need to access the vehicle settings in the infotainment center. You have to unplug (another ding IMHO - lack of wireless Android Auto) and then you can get the normal settings. Just bleh.

But really no reason the Mavericks Hybrids especially the Lariats should not come default with the full digital cluster. Ecoboosts too on that level. It's kind of odd that a fully loaded Maverick is still less fully loaded than the same year model Escape and it's basically the same damn vehicle!
you don’t have to unplug to get the the normal settings. AA and CarPlay work separately from the stock radio just hit the power button to turn the stock radio on in the back ground then the settings button.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you don’t have to unplug to get the the normal settings. AA and CarPlay work separately from the stock radio just hit the power button to turn the stock radio on in the back ground then the settings button.
Awesome

Can you tell I'm new to carplay lol. Do you have a hack other than incognito mode to disable the suggested routes?

Sponsored

ranxoren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Engine
Undecided
I frequent the BS forums as well and yes, as of yet, no one in the BS community has tried this and posted as yet.
The Bronco does not have a hybrid version so the extra whistles and bells with the digital gauge for hybrids really doesn't apply, but for the regular ecoboost engine,. it still has extra goodies.
The problem here is like the Maverick. While being a sister vehicle all should work, but tinkering with Forscan to make it work would involve alot of trial and error being a pioneer in this field.

The BS I feel is a little more main stream, demographics are skewed a little more older as well, and thus you don't see the "modders" that you will see with the Maverick.

Can it be done? Very likely, yes, Will it be done? eventually and possibly already has but just no one has posted it. Is it simply plug and play? hell no seeing the Mav experience..

I'd love to have it myself one day in both vehicles but don't have the time or money to invest into it sadly.
Yeah fair enough thank you. I was hoping maybe what @awscheetz has offered for Mavericks could be replicated for the Bronco Sport and it’s just a matter of swapping a few settings in Forscan. Seems like he’s making the process a lot simpler, unless I’m reading it wrong?
I’m tempted to be that “pioneer” but I’m not sure where to even start.

ranxoren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Engine
Undecided
Awesome

Can you tell I'm new to carplay lol. Do you have a hack other than incognito mode to disable the suggested routes?
If you swipe to the second page of apps in CarPlay you’ll see a Ford icon, that takes you to the original Ford software too

Highmpg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had the 12" IPC for about 500 miles now without issues, but have the following DTC's that dont seem to effect anything.

U0100 - Lost Communication WIth ECM/PCM A
U0111 - Lost Communication With Battery Energy Control Module A

Would be great to clear them, just to get rid of it.
I'm having the same issue with my hybrid, where you able to clear the codes and get the drive modes to work correctly?

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm having the same issue with my hybrid, where you able to clear the codes and get the drive modes to work correctly?
I can clear the U0111 by removing some hybrid functions on the dash, like this trip, but it's my favorite menu so I just stopped caring. Never got around to attempting to clear the other but again, I'm at 15k plus miles with it now and never had an issue appear because of those codes.

As for drive modes, what issues are you having? All of my drive modes outside of town, work

Highmpg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can clear the U0111 by removing some hybrid functions on the dash, like this trip, but it's my favorite menu so I just stopped caring. Never got around to attempting to clear the other but again, I'm at 15k plus miles with it now and never had an issue appear because of those codes.

As for drive modes, what issues are you having? All of my drive modes outside of town, work
Okay I guess I just have to ignore the dtc because I doesn't look like it affects anything.
Drive modes like Eco, sport, slippery, I figured I can only select it before starting the truck, if I try to select it once I start the vehicle I gives me a message saying drive mode unavailable, but I'm not really concerned about it because I never use the drive modes.

Sponsored

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay I guess I just have to ignore the dtc because I doesn't look like it affects anything.
Drive modes like Eco, sport, slippery, I figured I can only select it before starting the truck, if I try to select it once I start the vehicle I gives me a message saying drive mode unavailable, but I'm not really concerned about it because I never use the drive modes.
Most likely have an incorrect setting for the drive modes, I swap between normal and eco during my drive a lot. Eco when I'm driving and normal with ACC

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drive modes like Eco, sport, slippery, I figured I can only select it before starting the truck, if I try to select it once I start the vehicle I gives me a message saying drive mode unavailable
Most likely have an incorrect setting for the drive modes
Yeah I recall the Escape drive modes differ a little so in order to get the Maverick drive modes to work correctly, you have to actually disable one of them. Let me see if I can find that post.

Edit* here it is in this thread https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...rd-escape-swap-into-maverick.9506/post-288581

Highmpg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I recall the Escape drive modes differ a little so in order to get the Maverick drive modes to work correctly, you have to actually disable one of them. Let me see if I can find that post.

Edit* here it is in this thread https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...rd-escape-swap-into-maverick.9506/post-288581
I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to get things to work, I tried that and for some reason it just doesn't work.
Another problem I have is that non of the gauges appear on screen until I actually start the truck, it only works if I disable the splash screen, but that's something I like and don't want to disable.
Ford Maverick Full digital gauge cluster from Ford Escape swap into Maverick 20230830_181844

I'll keep messing with forscan to see if something works.

ryan2366

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes the dash is programmed. In some features that require other modules programmed youd still need forscan. But it would be simple 2-3 clicks of changes instead of about 40and a few hours of time.

I make e it a simple 15 minute job. Vs 2-3 hours.

I add all drive modes. Traffic speed display, can turn off dash flash and a few other options.
Awscheetz,

Are you still programming clusters?

I purchased a LJ6T- 10849-JLA from a wrecker.

If not can you point me in the right direction.

Cheers

awscheetz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't really been programming any, I can do them but it does take time since everyone has a different setting they need adjusted

Just to update I've got about 18,000 miles on my Ford Explorer dash.

It does show awd display . Has a extra drive mode as well, maybe 2 I can't remember.

I have turned on the *off road* gauges to show angle and all that.

The cluster doesn't mount right up like the escape. I have to take a grinder to 2 of the aluminum tabs and cut them off and use the escape cluster "glass bezel".

There was a firmware update to the escape dashes that add the AWD display. And forscan can do it but I don't know that much about doing that kind of update.
Sponsored