First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am frustrated with Ford, with Fette Ford (NJ), and the lack of customer service. Am frustrated with the lack of information and empathy. What did ever happened to the "customer is always right" to being polite, and to at least pretend that they care? The @Ford Motor Company supposedly opened a case (on 3/16) to look into my order, I called the ford customer services and they tell me that they don't see any open case with the number that @Ford Motor Company created. I have been trying to contact @Ford Motor Company privately and no answer. I wrote those letter to the people that @Delzona recommended, heard from someone in March and that person has also been unresponsive since then. I been trying to reach out to my sales person at Fette Ford and received no answers from them. I finally got the "manager" on the phone today (5/13), he was one of the most rude person that I have even encounter, very indifferent, and arrogant. The last time I spoke to the @Ford Motor Company on 5/2, I was told to check in with my sale person regarding the COVP but my dealer has no clue if this was done. The "manager" told me that I don't have a COVP. In addition, they have messed up my pricing and I have been waiting since February 2022 for them to fix this issue. The originally calculated the wrong sale tax and didn't even include the deposit we had put. When the sales person finally "fix the problem" I noticed that they put the price increased of the vehicle, which shouldn't apply to us since we ordered before this occurred. I sent my sales person the information that @fordvideoguy shared regarding the price protection and he assured me that we were price protected, but am still waiting to get that in writing.

Fast forward to 5/13 and this "manager" in a very rude manner is telling me that he cannot provide a price protection since the price of the vehicle has changed. I am trying to explain what @fordvideoguy shared, but he started to yell/scream, which I don't tolerate and hanged up the phone as he wouldn't even let me speak.

I am unsure what to do, I ordered in 10/29 still no VIN, still no information, I feel like I have invested A LOT of time and energy into this and will not drop the order as my sale person has tried to make me do, he even offer to return my full deposit back, but I think this is just to resell the vehicle at a higher price. I took a break in April from following up and checking in, but since I resumed trying to get more information in May, it has been one disappointment after another. I am terrified that when the vehicle is finally built/shipped Fette Ford will try to scam me as I seen it has happened to many people in here. Any recommendation for me to keep calm as I continue to wait until probably 2023?

What I do know, is that this will be my first and last vehicle that I purchase from Ford and I will never use Fette Ford as a car dealer. Anyone out there in NJ area avoid Fette Ford at all cost, they are the most rude and unresponsive car dealership you will ever encounter.

@fordvideoguy is there anything I should do on my end to ensure that my price is protected and Fette Ford doesn't attempt to steal my order?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Well has anyone here or anyone you know, know someone at that dealership? Have you tried the sales manager? Maybe a different salesperson? Your one leverage is that these dealers want a 5 ⭐ rating. I went thru some shit w our dealer and by escalating it w a phone call where I was the one doing the yelling, I got an emailed inside spreadsheet so I no longer needed to get info. My only other contact w them was to preemptively email my demands on price protection, not adding anything on etc. That worked perfectly and the pick up day went smoothly, we both gave them their 5⭐ they wanted b/c of that. And the salesman & manager who came to meet us as we walked out the door to drive off, made sure to stress whether we were happy & they needed that rating. Their service dept is rated utter shit.

I was also advised here to go up to the regional manager. I thought that info would be hard to obtain, forgetting I have a great relationship at a different dealer that I've taken my Fusion too for 8 yrs. I got the spreadsheet while on the ph call, otherwise had I not, I would have gone to my reg dealer for the regional mngr info. Can you try going to a different dealer that you will be taking your Mav to for maintenance work and get the regional mgr info???

rlc3854

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious, what paperwork did you receive from the Dealership when you ordered the vehicle? Did you preorder on the Ford.com website or go into the Dealership?
I opened a case on the dealer I ordered mine. I called back to Ford Customer Service to verify my Case#. If you haven't already done that, do it now. You may have to open another Case. Ask them for the Regional Reps name and telephone number. Find out who owns the Dealership, the board of directors and president. Then contact them with every piece of information you have, names, dates, times, emails and text snap shots if you have them. You can bet the staff at the dealer will cover their asses. If the order went in as stock then you will never receive a VIN.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As ex-military, one of the life lessons I took from a Vietnam SEAL friend (a true hero) was: "Sometimes the militarily sound choice is to just run away".

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am frustrated with Ford, with Fette Ford (NJ), and the lack of customer service. Am frustrated with the lack of information and empathy. What did ever happened to the "customer is always right" to being polite, and to at least pretend that they care? The @Ford Motor Company supposedly opened a case (on 3/16) to look into my order, I called the ford customer services and they tell me that they don't see any open case with the number that @Ford Motor Company created. I have been trying to contact @Ford Motor Company privately and no answer. I wrote those letter to the people that @Delzona recommended, heard from someone in March and that person has also been unresponsive since then. I been trying to reach out to my sales person at Fette Ford and received no answers from them. I finally got the "manager" on the phone today (5/13), he was one of the most rude person that I have even encounter, very indifferent, and arrogant. The last time I spoke to the @Ford Motor Company on 5/2, I was told to check in with my sale person regarding the COVP but my dealer has no clue if this was done. The "manager" told me that I don't have a COVP. In addition, they have messed up my pricing and I have been waiting since February 2022 for them to fix this issue. The originally calculated the wrong sale tax and didn't even include the deposit we had put. When the sales person finally "fix the problem" I noticed that they put the price increased of the vehicle, which shouldn't apply to us since we ordered before this occurred. I sent my sales person the information that @fordvideoguy shared regarding the price protection and he assured me that we were price protected, but am still waiting to get that in writing.

Fast forward to 5/13 and this "manager" in a very rude manner is telling me that he cannot provide a price protection since the price of the vehicle has changed. I am trying to explain what @fordvideoguy shared, but he started to yell/scream, which I don't tolerate and hanged up the phone as he wouldn't even let me speak.

I am unsure what to do, I ordered in 10/29 still no VIN, still no information, I feel like I have invested A LOT of time and energy into this and will not drop the order as my sale person has tried to make me do, he even offer to return my full deposit back, but I think this is just to resell the vehicle at a higher price. I took a break in April from following up and checking in, but since I resumed trying to get more information in May, it has been one disappointment after another. I am terrified that when the vehicle is finally built/shipped Fette Ford will try to scam me as I seen it has happened to many people in here. Any recommendation for me to keep calm as I continue to wait until probably 2023?

What I do know, is that this will be my first and last vehicle that I purchase from Ford and I will never use Fette Ford as a car dealer. Anyone out there in NJ area avoid Fette Ford at all cost, they are the most rude and unresponsive car dealership you will ever encounter.

@fordvideoguy is there anything I should do on my end to ensure that my price is protected and Fette Ford doesn't attempt to steal my order?

Thank you in advance.
Assuming it is the Fette Ford in Clifton, here is the contact for the local newspaper, the Clifton Times.—
https://thecliftontimes.com/about

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thank you in advance.
Here is the contact for the major county paper for Bergen and Passaic counties—
https://help.northjersey.com/contact-us

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Newspapers, television stations, and politicians are all in the pockets of NADA and local dealers. Lobbyists, campaign contributions, and advertising dollars work magic. Slimy dealerships still exist because they buy protection. You know, like the Corleone family. Same concept.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thank you in advance.
One more at nj.com. I have contacted her in the past with financial questions and she always gets back to you within 48 hours. Her name is Karin Price Mueller and her email is [email protected].

OP
OP

Vicelysg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious, what paperwork did you receive from the Dealership when you ordered the vehicle? Did you preorder on the Ford.com website or go into the Dealership?
I opened a case on the dealer I ordered mine. I called back to Ford Customer Service to verify my Case#. If you haven't already done that, do it now. You may have to open another Case. Ask them for the Regional Reps name and telephone number. Find out who owns the Dealership, the board of directors and president. Then contact them with every piece of information you have, names, dates, times, emails and text snap shots if you have them. You can bet the staff at the dealer will cover their asses. If the order went in as stock then you will never receive a VIN.
Hello,

We pre-order on ford.com and then went to the dealership to fill out the paperwork. They gave us a order form our receipt for the deposit. How do I go about opening a case? Thank you.

Sponsored

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You ordered in October? You still have a long wait. You do realize that people in June, July, August and September still have not received even a VIN? It's gonna be a while.

OP
OP

Vicelysg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You ordered in October? You still have a long wait. You do realize that people in June, July, August and September still have not received even a VIN? It's gonna be a while.
I know and understand that there are many people from last summer waiting. My frustration is more with the lack of information, the lies, the scam, not answering the phone/email/text, and when they are they are rude and condensing.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In my humble opinion, this does seem like your circling the wagons without being in the middle. It’s still way to early to go calling the news about essentials hurt feelings and a general sales tone.

I will agree that customer experience is all but nonexistent in todays automotive sales market. It’s a dog-eat-dog moment where dealerships are fighting tooth and nail for inventory and profits to keep their margins or even stay afloat. Having said that, I have ZERO sympathy for the dealerships model and their current sales practices, post-Covid or not, if they want to stay in business, repeat customers need to be earned.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.