DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm…

Ford Maverick Frontier’s are starting to show up F9EE1625-61D9-4B82-8683-32934E404F76
Sponsored

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
The new body style frontier is decent looking though they still look quite old in the interior. 36k is not bad price for all of that however how much more it's going to be marked up?

Also that gas mileage....

Last edited:

Maybe It's Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Echoing the same sentiment - that gas mileage is awful. I had a 2001 Frontier, rock solid 2WD truck I sold after 125k miles.

OP
OP
Dbarr

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am weighing having a truck vs. Waiting around. 2022 Frontier was the truck I was going to buy when I saw the Maverick release in June. Having owned 2 different hybrid vehicles, I love the idea of the Mav Hybrid, but I am not a fan of driving the Grand Caravan I bought to transport my grandkids on occasion.( I sold my old Colorado in July)
This is Ford’s last chance with me as this will be the last truck I buy, so…..
Already seeing Santa Cruz prices dropping as 100’s more have shown up this week… I expect the Nissan plant in Tenn to be full throttle. I rode past the Nissan/Infiniti engine plant Saturday afternoon and the parking lot was full (employees). I’m betting in a couple of weeks I get a good price on a Frontier, if I go that direction… My local Nissan dealer already has 6 units

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
It's nice to see Nissan "updated" the truck, but it's just another ho-hum after thought midsize truck.

The whole midsize truck segment is such an after thought. I've extensively researched before purchasing a midsize truck and came to the conclusion that I will never own another one until they are all riding on significantly updated next generation platforms. Nissan just warmed over their existing platform. No thanks. I can't wait to get rid of the midsize truck I have now.

If you need the slightly more towing capability, a little smaller and/ or more ground clearance and can handle the fact they get arguably less (in some instances) or same MPG as a more powerful half-ton, then go for it. I like the midsize segment, but I won't purchase a fullsize half ton either due to their size. I will not touch another midsize truck until they are seriously brought into this century.

OP
OP
Dbarr

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Echoing the same sentiment - that gas mileage is awful. I had a 2001 Frontier, rock solid 2WD truck I sold after 125k miles.
My round trip is 14 miles on the average day. Frontier mileage would be at least as good as my 13 year Colorado I just sold

OP
OP
Dbarr

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's nice to see Nissan "updated" the truck, but it's just another ho-hum after thought midsize truck.

The whole midsize truck segment is such an after thought. I've extensively researched before purchasing a midsize truck and came to the conclusion that I will never own another one until they are all riding on significantly updated next generation platforms. Nissan just warmed over their existing platform. No thanks. I can't wait to get rid of the midsize truck I have now.

If you need the slightly more towing capability, a little smaller and/ or more ground clearance and can handle the fact they get arguably less (in some instances) or same MPG as a more powerful half-ton, then go for it. I like the midsize segment, but I won't purchase a fullsize half ton either due to their size. I will not touch another midsize truck until they are seriously brought into this century.
And neither one of us will be touching a Ford until they figure out which vehicle they wanna build In Mexico 😏

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
And neither one of us will be touching a Ford until they figure out which vehicle they wanna build In Mexico 😏
All I will say is good luck with the current midsize truck selection, even this so called "next generation" Frontier.

They did exactly what Toyota did with the Tacoma in 2016. Took a chassis that started development back in 2000, warmed it over, and pushed it out as a new generation. The 3rd generation Tacoma is a hot mess. At least the Nissan comes with a 9AT vs 6AT in the Toyota's. Hopefully it won't feel like you're trying to suck oil from a water spout to grab any low end TQ for favorable daily driving characteristics.

If someone needs a vehicle and doesn't want to wait, purchase something already on a dealers lot. Being in a rush or otherwise and ordering a brand new vehicle on a brand new production line isn't the best in that situation, especially one that is recovering from supply chain issues in almost every industry.

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
20 mpg and rear wheel drive. No thanks.
That was my thought too. To each their own though. My 2019 Tacoma 4x4 is rated at 18/22/20, and I would be lucky to get 18-19 MPG (summer), even on the highway for most combined tanks. That's driving like there is an eggshell under the gas pedal on fairly flat or slight gradient terrain. Horrible. All my friends and family seem to have full size half-ton RAMs (V8) full crew cabs that seem to get same or slightly better on the highway on similar drive cycles.

Last edited:

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I really wanted to like the new frontier, ever since I heard they were redesigning it, but I'm not a fan of the result. The first and only new vehicle I've bought was an 06 frontier, and I really loved it despite being burned by the transmission issues, and I still have a soft spot for it.

That said I'm incredibly unimpressed by the lack of improvement in MPG in the midsize truck segment, and for the frontier in particular I'm disappointed in the styling overall. The interior looks dated, and the exterior continues the cliche "trucks must look bigger" motif. Not to mention the price increase over previous models. Looks like I'm keeping my Maverick order!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 2022 Frontier King Cab is offered in 4x2 and 4x4 S and SV grades with a 6-foot bed. The 2022 Frontier Crew Cab is offered in 4x2 and 4x4 S and SV (SWB and LWB) grades, as well as PRO-4X (4x4 only) and new-for-2022 PRO-X (4x2 only) grades. All Crew Cab models feature a 5-foot bed except the SV LWB model, which features a 6-foot bed.

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices4 for the 2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab:

Frontier S King Cab 4x2
$27,840 USD
Frontier SV King Cab 4x2
$30,540 USD
Frontier S King Cab 4x4
$31,040 USD
Frontier SV King Cab 4x4
$33,740 USD

Destination and Handling $1,175.

Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices4 for the 2022 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab:

Frontier S Crew Cab 4x2
$29,340 USD
Frontier SV Crew Cab 4x2 SWB
$32,140 USD
Frontier SV Crew Cab 4x2 LWB
$34,040 USD
Frontier S Crew Cab 4x4
$32,340 USD
Frontier SV Crew Cab 4x4 SWB
$35,140 USD
Frontier SV Crew Cab 4x4 LWB
$37,040 USD
Frontier PRO-X Crew Cab 4x2
$34,240 USD
Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab 4x4
$37,240 USD

Destination and Handling $1,175.

Three option packages are offered: Premium (SV, PRO) at $2,790, Convenience (SV, PRO) at $1,990 and Technology (S, SV, PRO) at $990.

=============================================================
If I was gonna go Frontier, I'd look for a 2021 closeout deal. They have the same V6/tranny combo which is the biggest selling point for me. It's well proven now and was named JD Power best mid-size for 2021.

https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releases/release-27e779be9766a0ad5ef748eac53269ba

joeboxer22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Id take a frontier over an overpriced tacoma anyday. Ive had my nissan hardbody for 17 years, no issues.
Sponsored