First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It appears that this article is some sort of readers or owners made suggestions? Not a review by "experts" in the automotive press.

I personally believe the Mav hybrid and EcoBoost both could go 250,000 miles. Our 2011 Escape - with the 2.5 liter 4 cylinder - is already past 250,000 miles. Closing in on 300,000 miles. Absolutely nothing has been done to the engine/trans/drive train. Even the original spark plugs. I bought it when it was two years old.. My son - who is not gentle as far as driving - has owned and driven it the past five years.. Ford's 2.5 engine is a rock. A different cam profile that makes the engine produce less power/get better gas mileage isn't going to change that.

The 2.0 EcoBoost motor has a much better reliability record than Fords similar 1.6 and 1.5 liter engines. IDK if one get 250,000 miles out of any direct injection engine without having to clean carbon off the valves, but that has become a routine maintenance thing. Just more expensive routine.

With the hybrid that leaves the CVT transmission. But from what I've read, this is a shared design with the trans used in the Toyota Prius. And plenty of them last 250,000 miles.
Sponsored