First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey air cooled, by any chance was your Maverick a Vantage Blue Lariat edition?

I am from Frankfort, so while visiting last month, I talked to them to see if they had anything. Well, I got a call from them this week asking if I still wanted a Maverick(Lariat Vantage Blue)…..I told them just so happens I recently purchased a Vantage Blue Lariat in Port Richey Florida.
Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I don’t understand is how a dealer can just up the price of an ordered vehicle $5000, it was a retail order, then use that as a threat if you don’t use they’re financing, I don’t get it. Now e have dealers threatening customers, what a joke, f these dealers!
Yeah, it seems like extortion:
the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

but IANAL

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is why I should be able to order and pay online. Then pick up at dealer or have dropped off at house. Dealers are going to get destroyed like taxi companies did with Ubr.
The web has been around since 1993. Stealerships are still thriving (and conniving).

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I was concerned when I read the story from ce2nite. But I had already ordered from Frankfort Ford and the order books were closed.
Here's my story in hopes that Ford looks at these messages and takes some action with this dishonest (close to criminal) dealership.
The truck arrived at the dealership 4/12/22. I scheduled to visit the morning of 4/13/22 to finalize the transaction. Someone took my trade-in for a test drive and I sat with the salesman at his desk. He started showing me rather high interest rates to soften me up. I explained I was only interested in the Ford incentive rates and would pay cash if they were not available. On the day I ordered the truck I had told the salesman I would probably pay cash but if Ford had free money (0%36) I would probably go with that. After an hour or so of the typical salesman leaves to talk to the manager stuff, the finance manager arrives with the final offer.
He will only sell me the truck if I agree to finance with his third party at a very high rate. I insisted that I had a valid contract and was prepared to write a check for the balance due. The real final offer was to take my cash if I paid $5,000.00 over the contract price. The finance manager told me in effect that the value of the truck was much higher than the contract price and his business was slow and he needed to make more money. The contract price was MSRP plus $689.00 Doc Fee.
I'm a retired senior (it hurts to say that) and been involved in many high value transactions in the past. This dealer is by far and away the most unscrupulous I have ever encountered.
To add to the insult, while waiting for my deposit refund I could hear one of the salespeople on the phone offering my Maverick for sale. I finally had to find my salesman outside to get him to get my refund and keys as all the managers had left the sales floor.
For anyone interested look out for VIN 3FTTWF99NRA53108
Frankfort Ford wins Scumbag Dealer of the Month. There’s two threads going about them at the same time. They sound like real winners there.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The attorney general will likely be able to resolve this in favorable way.
I see a lot of people saying call the AG (here and in numerous other posts), but you can’t even get a cop to come out unless there’s a murder, so with all the BS that dealers routinely pull these days, it seems unlikely you’ll get any more than polite sympathy from the AG’s office.

Sponsored

Larockman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I see a lot of people saying call the AG (here and in numerous other posts), but you can’t even get a cop to come out unless there’s a murder, so with all the BS that dealers routinely pull these days, it seems unlikely you’ll get any more than polite sympathy from the AG’s office.
AG does go after people. Even small timers. Especially if they don't like a business practice. I'm very familiar with the AG.

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats OP, you played yourself.
How so? Prepayment penalties are a thing with auto loans. They would not let him read the loan docs. They are clearly a scumbag dealer. The odds are good there would be a penalty.

Pretending that these penalties don't or can't exist is a foolish way to proceed. 36 states allow auto-loan pre-payment penalties for loans of 5 years or less.

Educate yourself or you might get played...

https://www.carsdirect.com/auto-loans/understanding-car-loan-prepayment-penalties

https://www.chase.com/personal/auto...-pros-and-cons-of-paying-off-a-car-loan-early

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
If a dealer basically forces you to finance with them, how do you immediately refinance?

Asking out of curiosity, only thing I've refinanced is my home, I haven't bought in vehicle in over ten years, and last time I did I just paid the whole thing up front cause I had the spare cash at the time.
When you get home you just call your preferred bank or credit union and they pretty muck take care of the rest.

slooose42

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra 5.7 4wheel drive
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried to be brief as possible with my original post and cover the deceitful tactics of this dealer . I have two sale documents, one I believe is a DORA the other is the dealers contract of sale that includes MSRP fax and fees. I got regular emails from Ford with status updates. Production for my Lariat AWD was scheduled quickly and arrived two days before the early estimate. Thankyou Ford, sorry to all of you who have not had such good service.
As far as the third party loan, I was never allowed to view the contract. The salesman made a vague comment that there was some form of penalty or fee. Without knowing what it might cost to get out of the loan I had to pass. Not that having this dealer have his commission clawed back causes me much trouble.
Just before I sat to write this update I checked my phone and had a message from a different sales man at the same dealer to let me know that a Maverick had arrived , described my Maverick and let me know they were offering it for around $40K.
I spent what time I had yesterday calling Ford and creating a detailed BBB complaint.
After you contact the local TV station sit down and write a letter to the local newspaper to be printed in the letter to the editor page. If you really want to get nasty, make a sign that says how dishonest this place is and sit outside the joint, on the sidewalk, and let future prospective customers know to go else where. The last example would take some pretty big balls though.😕

xhristian1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ES 350
How so? Prepayment penalties are a thing with auto loans. They would not let him read the loan docs. They are clearly a scumbag dealer. The odds are good there would be a penalty.

Pretending that these penalties don't or can't exist is a foolish way to proceed. 36 states allow auto-loan pre-payment penalties for loans of 5 years or less.

Educate yourself or you might get played...

https://www.carsdirect.com/auto-loans/understanding-car-loan-prepayment-penalties

https://www.chase.com/personal/auto...-pros-and-cons-of-paying-off-a-car-loan-early
95+% chance there was no pre-payment penalty on a car loan...mortgage a bit more common...usually on at the cash now used car lots. There is no pre-payment penalty if you refinance out. 🙄

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
I tried to be brief as possible with my original post and cover the deceitful tactics of this dealer . I have two sale documents, one I believe is a DORA the other is the dealers contract of sale that includes MSRP fax and fees. I got regular emails from Ford with status updates. Production for my Lariat AWD was scheduled quickly and arrived two days before the early estimate. Thankyou Ford, sorry to all of you who have not had such good service.
As far as the third party loan, I was never allowed to view the contract. The salesman made a vague comment that there was some form of penalty or fee. Without knowing what it might cost to get out of the loan I had to pass. Not that having this dealer have his commission clawed back causes me much trouble.
Just before I sat to write this update I checked my phone and had a message from a different sales man at the same dealer to let me know that a Maverick had arrived , described my Maverick and let me know they were offering it for around $40K.
I spent what time I had yesterday calling Ford and creating a detailed BBB complaint.
The maverick is a nice vehicle but a $40K vehicle it is not! The dealer is unethical but the people willing to pay $40K for a $20k vehicle are instigating this.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.