Sponsored

FRANKFORT FORD SOLD MY MAVERICK WITHOUT CONTACTING ME!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a shame that in today's world you need a lawyer to buy a car. Wait till Ford tries to sell its EV's online and hear these dealers squeal. They know their days are numbered.
you mean like the sold out Mach-E and the overwhelmingly popular f-150 Lightning that just started production? Farley says the dealers aren't going anywhere, but their core mission may change.

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not necessarily. I have a legal plan through my work which covers basic consultations, and even if OP doesn't have a plan like that there are other ways to talk to a lawyer for free.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are right that nothing will come of it, because sadly that is often how these things go in the land of the free, but in his shoes I definitely wouldn't just take your word for it.
yep! and their advice is worth exactly what you pay for it :LOL:

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you mean like the sold out Mach-E and the overwhelmingly popular f-150 Lightning that just started production? Farley says the dealers aren't going anywhere, but their core mission may change.
What do you mean by. Core mission? Just handing off the vehicle and doing service? OK with me as long as this BS is gone.

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And you know "there was a contract between the dealer and the buyer "how?

In a civil lawsuit OP would be suing the dealer for monetary damages.

What exactly were the OPs monetary damages?
Taking him at his word that he had an order and a down payment and a VIN # from Ford showing that an order had been placed for him. If so there would be a case for fraud.

Sponsored

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Just curious but we all receive a email from Ford when the expected delivery date it. Did you ever check with the dealer on any of those dates to see if it came in?
This is not always the case. I never received an email from Ford when my dealer placed my order. I followed the tracker and relied on it to keep me updated. I was told by the Ford customer service lady when she gave me my VIN that 40% of orders don't get emails.

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lol are you really asking in the thread that it's title starts with " Frankfort Ford sold my maverick........"

😂 I am guessing Frankfort Ford....in Frankfort Kentucky, so you should be in the clear.

*Edit* Ok I am a Jackass, missed the quote. GreenLadys dealership she had issues with was Gary Yeomans Ford Daytona Beach, she has a huge thread on that ordeal. I left them a shitty review back when it happened, they essentially told her that her order was damaged in transit and really just had sold it to someone else.
These kind of actions of the dealer as well as others in life really bother me.
thanks for the info.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What do you mean by. Core mission? Just handing off the vehicle and doing service? OK with me as long as this BS is gone.
you can probably locate his interview quickly with a search (I think major topic was Lightning), but paraphrasing from memory he wants the EV division to lead the way with on-line only ordering and while dealers will remain customer forward interface for providing the vehicle to you, there won't be any paperwork or sales transaction on pickup/delivery and the main dealership mission will change to being Super Service Centers.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well my friend is a lawyer and if you have a signed order he sure said you would have a case. So for those who dismiss this as a not winnable case are you a lawyer? In fact a phone call from them with some information how the local new channel is interested in airing this might change things right then. I will be ready when I order my Mav come this August. Assuming that Ford open orders then. Dealer said he had no idea when orders will open. I said August 15th and he asked me were i got that from. I said online, he laughed.

Sponsored

Bikoman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impreza
This is a good reason for us to follow our truck through the process and communicate with your dealer. If and when my truck finally makes it to the dealer and they sell it out from under me, they will have a problem. There will be multiple emails showing intent on my behalf.

Spectrasonic

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi A5 Sportback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a good reason for us to follow our truck through the process and communicate with your dealer. If and when my truck finally makes it to the dealer and they sell it out from under me, they will have a problem. There will be multiple emails showing intent on my behalf.
Not sure how any of this would help. The truck is the dealer's property and they can do what they want with it. Dealership laws give Ford limited power here.

People say 'but my contract!' but contracts can and are broken all the time. And good luck spending a money hiring a lawyer and convincing a judge you suffered damages. (time?)

It sucks the dealers have so much power now in this environment. Hopefully supply chain issues are solved soon and the car market goes back to normal.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lost profits are damages. The op was definitely going to sell it for 12k over purchase price, right op?