Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Only
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So my hybrid xlt Sat in the railyard in Jacksonville FL last week. My dealer said it could be another month so last Fri around noon I called Ford and they told me it was on a truck and getting close to my dealer. So called salesman Saturday and asked if I could come look at it he said it was locked up in the shop waiting for PDI first thing today as yesterday was Memorial day. So 6:30 this morning I email him and his manager and at 9:00 I tried calling and txtn him he txt back and said he s in a meeting with his manager and he ll have some news for me soon. So 11:00 I txt him again (any good news?). Then a few minutes later his manager calls me and tells me when they took it off the truck the catalytic converter had been stolen and they will have the parts in 2 days. What do you all think ? 2 days ? At least 2 more weeks I m thinking and isn t the cat con made into the exhaust manifold I bet they didn't t even get the right part.
Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So my hybrid xlt Sat in the railyard in Jacksonville FL last week. My dealer said it could be another month so last Fri around noon I called Ford and they told me it was on a truck and getting close to my dealer. So called salesman Saturday and asked if I could come look at it he said it was locked up in the shop waiting for PDI first thing today as yesterday was Memorial day. So 6:30 this morning I email him and his manager and at 9:00 I tried calling and txtn him he txt back and said he s in a meeting with his manager and he ll have some news for me soon. So 11:00 I txt him again (any good news?). Then a few minutes later his manager calls me and tells me when they took it off the truck the catalytic converter had been stolen and they will have the parts in 2 days. What do you all think ? 2 days ? At least 2 more weeks I m thinking and isn t the cat con made into the exhaust manifold I bet they didn't t even get the right part.
There is another post about his cat converter being stolen on train. So this is a second poster same issue. If it is only 2 days not bad. I wonder if they weld the new one in?

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man, that sucks. Hope your new one gets there soon. I assume, like most of the catalytic converters stolen, it is probably sold now so that some no good lazy thing can enjoy some more drugs. Good luck

OP
OP
whighammaverick

whighammaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is another post about his cat converter being stolen on train. So this is a second poster same issue. If it is only 2 days not bad. I wonder if they weld the new one in?
Must of been another Maverick maybe same railyard but this is my only post.

OP
OP
whighammaverick

whighammaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Must of been another Maverick maybe same railyard but this is my only post.
I hope they don t weld anything I want it to be just like it came from the factory if they have to replace everything from manifold to exhaust tip and no sawzall gouges or scrapes in the insulation material on underside of body above exhaust. I will have them put it on a lift and give a thorough inspection with a good flashlight myself before they get a check.

Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Trust but verify. Go to the dealership and ask to see the damage or have them send you some photos. Too many horror stories of unscrupulous dealerships, playing games.

Maverick131

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
im in Florida... I hope I dont suffer the same faith

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope they don t weld anything I want it to be just like it came from the factory if they have to replace everything from manifold to exhaust tip and no sawzall gouges or scrapes in the insulation material on underside of body above exhaust. I will have them put it on a lift and give a thorough inspection with a good flashlight myself before they get a check.
How does the factory attach the cat to the exhaust system?

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You definitely need to go get eyes on this and take pictures

Sponsored

ChefRicardo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ricardo Esquivel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

dalesworld

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer offered a service where they etch the VIN into the cat and it would be traceable if stolen. I declined as I'm sure a thief would just take a grinder to the number.

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mine was a rhetorical question to the OP since he stated he was going to inspect the repair...

I own a Hybrid, have had it on one of my lifts multiple times and know how the cats are attached.

Sponsored