Sponsored

FRANKFORT FORD SOLD MY MAVERICK WITHOUT CONTACTING ME!

WaitingHaulDogs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tucson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You guys talking about lawyers don't understand this stuff at all. I've ordered one of these trucks, none of this was a contract. The situation sucks, but there is nothing OP can do but complain.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You guys talking about lawyers don't understand this stuff at all. I've ordered one of these trucks, none of this was a contract. The situation sucks, but there is nothing OP can do but complain.
Sucks but, true.
Slime-ball dealers know the game. Hopefully this forum will spread the word to stay away from the bad dealers.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
DO NOT ORDER OR PURCHASE A VEHICLE FROM THIS DEALERSHIP! I ordered a 2022 Ford Maverick from this dealership on 7/30/2021. Due to semiconductor and other part constraints I waited patiently for my vehicle to be built and shipped for purchase to the dealership. Fast forward one year later, the wait is not the dealerships fault, which is on Ford Motor Company as the manufacturer. However, as a customer who ordered the vehicle through this dealership I was never given the opportunity to purchase the vehicle. In fact, I only found out that my Maverick was delivered because they listed it as a stock sale on their website the week it arrived, VIN listed was a match. Will Clark a finance officer at Frankfort Ford stated that he personally contacted me three times to tell me my order had arrived. This was an outright lie and never happened. Phone records do not lie! I have no record of received calls, missed calls, voicemails, texts, or emails from either Mr. Clark or Frankfort Ford. Mr. Clark confirmed my contact info (both phone # and email) and proceeded to send me a text while sitting in his office, which I received. So he could have contacted me if he really wanted too at any time. He also stated that he never emailed me. This dealership sold the vehicle that I had them order and placed a deposit down on without so much as contacting me to tell me the vehicle had arrived for purchase. This is no doubt because the dealership placed a $10,000 adjusted dealer markup (ADM) on the vehicle for profit. The dealership never had any intention of selling me the vehicle I had ordered in order to make a mass profit in these times.

I understand that inventory is low on most dealer lots due to COVID and constraints. However, I wasn't even given an opportunity to purchase the vehicle myself with an ADM. They took my info, order, and deposit ($500). They committed consumer fraud the moment they decided to sell the vehicle I had them order to someone else without informing me and giving me an opportunity to purchase. It’s clear this dealership is looking at short term gain and not repeat business.

Furthermore, while waiting to talk to Mr. Clark (waiting over one hour), I overheard other sales reps discussing potential buyers buying a vehicle. To anyone who wanted to pay upfront without financing, the dealership wanted to tack on $5,000+ because they make their money on the financing of a vehicle. Again DO NOT ORDER OR PURCHASE FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!
As an FYI the phones at a dealer are logged. All outgoing calls on available for the operator to view.

I received a call from my dealer, no voice mail so I called back spoke with the operator she asked my number then looked up their phone log and said John Smith called you. With the date and time. Not my salesman. I do not even have a vin yet so wasn't sure what this was about. Guess my number is in their history and he was trying sell me something??

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a pretty lame response. Simply not buying another Ford also gets OP nothing, and anyway, OP is doing a public service by telling others not to order or buy from a shady dealer, not merely whining like you're implying. OP may not gain anything personally from this post, but not everything has to be done for personal gain, you know.

If it was up to me, I would order the dealer, at a bare minimum, to give OP 100% of the profit they made from the sale. If that was the rule in these situations then there would be no more incentive for a dealer to do something like this.

Of course, such things are not up to me. OP should definitely talk to a lawyer.

Yep, and talking to a lawyer will just cost him time and money. Nothing will come of it.

Time for him to move on.

Sponsored

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hire a bunch of teenagers or get friends to carry signs and March in front of the dealership. Loosing even a few customers will cost the crooks more than the profit off your truck. And alert the news media to the protest. They love this stuff.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, and talking to a lawyer will just cost him time and money. Nothing will come of it.

Time for him to move on.
maybe if OP can get his $500.00 deposit back he can pay for 1/3 of an hour consultation with a lawyer 🧭💰💸

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I don't think "contract" means what you think it means.

Ford wouldn't build the vehicle without a customer placing an actual signed order. That's the contract. No stock orders were filed for dealers in 2022 model.

MikeYork5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lol are you really asking in the thread that it's title starts with " Frankfort Ford sold my maverick........"

😂 I am guessing Frankfort Ford....in Frankfort Kentucky, so you should be in the clear.
LOL - Re-read post #18, he lives in FL and wants the name of the FL dlr not Frankfort Ford

GlennWatson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m sorry that happened to you. I’m worried it will happen to me.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a shame that in today's world you need a lawyer to buy a car. Wait till Ford tries to sell its EV's online and hear these dealers squeal. They know their days are numbered.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL - Re-read post #18, he lives in FL and wants the name of the FL dlr not Frankfort Ford

Well, edited my post to give him the info he wanted, I missed the quote somehow, so I take the jackass reply blame.

ranger750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no car, mine blew up

Time for him to move on.
Not necessarily. I have a legal plan through my work which covers basic consultations, and even if OP doesn't have a plan like that there are other ways to talk to a lawyer for free.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are right that nothing will come of it, because sadly that is often how these things go in the land of the free, but in his shoes I definitely wouldn't just take your word for it.
Sponsored