Sponsored

Found a Maverick on the lot today...and I see why.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The problem is that Ford needs all its dealers just to perform the excessive amount of warranty work these days. Can you imagine what is going to happen to quality when the production lines get back to full speed?
I would imagine quality will actually improve once production increases lol. I can't help but notice that most of these quality issues across basically all brands at the moment started around the same time as the pandemic. Which makes sense, alot of these plants keep starting and stopping production. People come to work just to be told go home. I'm exaggerating slightly. But when your job stability is iffy, it's harder to focus on the task at hand. That being said, quality is an issue, and ford knows it. Thankfully, all signs thus far about a year into production indicate the maverick will be a study, and durable vehicle. All of the components have an excellent track record, and if there were going to be any glaring issues applicable to the maverick specifically, we would have seen them by now. No need to worry my friend. Can't wait to get our maverick in a year or so and drive the wheels off of it, we keep our cars at least 10-15 years, so it's gotta last lol.
Sponsored

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

XLT AWD, no options. MSRP of $27,295.

I LOL’d, got back into my car and left.

Ford Maverick Found a Maverick on the lot today...and I see why. E6D2534D-1408-4199-80E9-D881648ABBB1

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well somebody must be buying them? There was a guy in another thread who said he paid 10K above and was happy with what he did, I guess if you have an extra 10 to 20 K laying around you can say I want it so i will get it,. Must be nice to be able to do that. If I suddenly had the money I still wouldn't. I just cant be ripped off like that and be happy. I will change my mind had I won that billion lotto a week ago.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well somebody must be buying them? There was a guy in another thread who said he paid 10K above and was happy with what he did, I guess if you have an extra 10 to 20 K laying around you can say I want it so i will get it,. Must be nice to be able to do that. If I suddenly had the money I still wouldn't. I just cant be ripped off like that and be happy. I will change my mind had I won that billion lotto a week ago.
The real billion dollar lotto winner was the IRS not the one with the winning ticket. Did you see how much of a giant sized A$$ fisting the winner got by the Internal Revenue Service. Compared to the IRS, the dealers doing the ADM are pure amateurs. And what they are doing is a consentual arrangement. However, with the IRS, this ain't concentual. It was absolutely criminal.

Last edited:

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The real billion dollar lotto winner was the IRS not the one with the winning ticket. Did you see how much of a giant sized A$$ fisting the winner got by the Internal Revenue Service. Compared to the IRS, the dealers doing the ADM are pure amateurs. And what they are doing is a consentual arrangement. With the IRS, this ain't concentual. It was absolutely criminal.
lol, glad lotteries here in Canada are tax free.

Sponsored

Catbird

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think its shitty either way. Its shitty hearing about people buying 2-3 of em then flipping them to carvana for $10k to $12k when there are other people who cant even get 1 order fulfilled. And then there are the shitty dealers who also want a piece of the gluttony like the rest of em and have a scrap of paper taped on under the window sticker with some B.S. ADM.

Myself personally I ordered what I wanted on December 28th and have patiently waited. Build week is august 15th. I didnt order this vehicle to flip it. I genuinely wanted this vehicle. As such, I am glad that the Granger deal fell into my lap. With a wife and 4 kids, I am on a limited budget for new vehicles, and desperately need a new daily driver. This deal allowed me to step up 1 trim level to an nicer XLT with all the same options I planned on ordering with an XL.

I dont care for all the gimme pigs making obscene profits off these weather it's a private seller, carvana, or a dealer. Whoevers doing this, all of y'all suck as far as I am concerned. All of you are acting like this thing is a 4 wheeled "beanie baby". When the bottom falls out, I hope all of you currently trying to game the system private party sellers, and dealers included get stuck with these damn things.

Gordon Gekko said greed is good. Sorry to inform you, but it's not.
Love this. I ordered Oct 14th and have no build date. Dealership called to tell me one of their sales persons ordered a loaded Lariat, thinking it would take several months to arrive. A few weeks later, an almost identical vehicle arrived at the dealership. She decided to lease that one, and the dealership would put the one she ordered on the lot. Knowing my XLT might not get built this year, they offered me the Lariat she ordered at MSRP. It arrives tomorrow. The Lariat is about $4000 more than the XLT. I'm willing to pay that for the upgrades. I realize as an employee she may have been quoted below MSRP, but they currently have an almost identical Lariat on their lot for $13000 over what I'm paying. I told them if they sell me the one they already have on the lot, I would bring a check and pick it up the next day. No dice. They paid a "premium” for that one, so they couldn’t go that low. Keeping my fingers crossed that the truck arrives there tomorrow. But not holding my breath.

W800CL

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy Aveo
We see people here talking about flipping their Maverick and it's wonderful and good. But then when a dealer wants to do it, they're scum?

Be consistent, people. Either charging what the market will bear is good or it's not.

You can't love the market economy when it makes you money and hate it when it makes money for other people.
Great point. If I can't find a dealer to order my Mav at MSRP then I just won't order it. The free market system at work. Some are willing to pay, some aren't.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Smart-Shield = front-mounted thulium laser that vaporizes rocks before they hit your windshield.

Everybody knows that...
I'll take it, if it has manual targeting override.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont care for all the gimme pigs making obscene profits off these weather it's a private seller, carvana, or a dealer. Whoevers doing this, all of y'all suck as far as I am concerned. All of you are acting like this thing is a 4 wheeled "beanie baby".
That's how the free market works. If you don't like it, perhaps you'd like the government to tell you exactly what vehicle you'll get the chance to buy when they get around to it.

You think the wait for a Maverick is long?

Try the wait for one in a Soviet style economy.

Redbird22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Shadow Black xlt hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Market adjustment in West Chicago, IL...no SIBL or Drop In bedliner.

20220807_184702.jpg

20220807_184712.jpg

20220807_184719.jpg

20220807_184728.jpg

20220807_184758.jpg
Illinois is terrible ! I live here and had to get mine msrp in Michigan. What a Shame !

Sponsored

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We see people here talking about flipping their Maverick and it's wonderful and good. But then when a dealer wants to do it, they're scum?

Be consistent, people. Either charging what the market will bear is good or it's not.

You can't love the market economy when it makes you money and hate it when it makes money for other people.
The difference is that you personally ordered the vehicle for yourself and not for the benefit of the dealer essentially holding it hostage. When you put your own vehicle out there for sale any potential buyers don't have the same vested interest (i.e. putting down a deposit, waiting a year and planning your vehicle choices around the time your truck comes in) .

Deleted member 6544

I've said basically the same thing.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seriously, what is that second word after smart? Is that "shield"? And if so, what even is that?
Smart Shield for $995 is probably the paint and interior protection plan; I paid $495 for it and probably shouldn't have...
Sponsored