NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interestingly the Hybrids have this "feature" automatically enabled. There is no button to turn it on or off.

Get on any slope greater than about 3 or 4% and take your foot off the go pedal. Green icon of truck on a downslope illuminates and your speed is held perfectly steady.

I've done it at 60 mph on a mountain interstate downgrade and at 15 mph on a residential downgrade.
Not the same, not even close
Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not the same, not even close
Pretty close in net function.
By different means I suppose.
Would be interesting to try my hybrid at 5 mph and under and see if ABS gets involved.

Wouldn't surprise me if it did, but also if it didn't.

Last edited:

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty close I think.

What do you expect this mod on EB to do, make coffee also?
No, that's something called grade assist on your hybrid. Are you contributing here or just ish posting? If the latter let me know so I can put you on ignore. This isn't the first time you've come to a thread like this to do nothing but "boast" about something that's not even a reality or applicable to the thread topic.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Maverick2022XL seems to have disappeared but I ordered a salvage 6.5" Mav cluster along with the switch cluster with a HDC button from an FX4 at a salvage yard for $125, unfortunately they wouldn't pull the wiring harness from the switch cluster to the main harness and I'm not spending $100 on that so I'll have to add a 20gauge wire with the appropriate pins myself but I'm determined to get this working. Comparing as-built data from my XL to an FX4 equipped MAV using a spreadsheet I made that highlights cell differences there are so many differences in just the PCM, AWD, IPC, SCCM and ACM modules so I'll have to do a lot of Forscan tinkering. We'll see what happens.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Maverick2022XL just FYI it's all about the correct gauge cluster. Hill descent control confirmed working on my 2022 XL awd. All I had to do was to load the correct as built data (from a 2022 XLT with FX4 and all the same options I have) and then turn Hill descent control on in the IPC config and then switch Hill descent control from "not present" to "present" in the abs configuration. This is in addition to adding the button in the console and the 20 gauge wire. I confirmed it works. So everything is already programmed for the AWD Maverick, what it comes down to is having the correct firmware in the IPC. FYI if you search around I found this cluster out of an FX4 for $125.00. Also added a photo of the off-road screen working to include steering wheel angle.

Ford Maverick ForScan Hill Descent Control mod, wiring required 4237EE98-02BD-4F16-B9AA-B010AF6845D9

Ford Maverick ForScan Hill Descent Control mod, wiring required 42FF158D-B622-44A3-81F7-CC41647BD803

Ford Maverick ForScan Hill Descent Control mod, wiring required C1111594-4EC7-476D-8B03-E0F90F7E2925

Sponsored

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Maverick2022XL seems to have disappeared but I ordered a salvage 6.5" Mav cluster along with the switch cluster with a HDC button from an FX4 at a salvage yard for $125, unfortunately they wouldn't pull the wiring harness from the switch cluster to the main harness and I'm not spending $100 on that so I'll have to add a 20gauge wire with the appropriate pins myself but I'm determined to get this working. Comparing as-built data from my XL to an FX4 equipped MAV using a spreadsheet I made that highlights cell differences there are so many differences in just the PCM, AWD, IPC, SCCM and ACM modules so I'll have to do a lot of Forscan tinkering. We'll see what happens.
Just haven't been on in awhile since nothing much changes here as of late.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Maverick2022XL just FYI it's all about the correct gauge cluster. Hill descent control confirmed working on my 2022 XL awd. All I had to do was to load the correct as built data (from a 2022 XLT with FX4 and all the same options I have) and then turn Hill descent control on in the IPC config and then switch Hill descent control from "not present" to "present" in the abs configuration. This is in addition to adding the button in the console and the 20 gauge wire. I confirmed it works. So everything is already programmed for the AWD Maverick, what it comes down to is having the correct firmware in the IPC. FYI if you search around I found this cluster out of an FX4 for $125.00. Also added a photo of the off-road screen working to include steering wheel angle.

4237EE98-02BD-4F16-B9AA-B010AF6845D9.jpeg

42FF158D-B622-44A3-81F7-CC41647BD803.jpeg

C1111594-4EC7-476D-8B03-E0F90F7E2925.jpeg
Not surprised. I have the right switch and wired it up and as still getting P160A error codes which in this case points to a missing module which you proved is the 6 inch cluster. Doing an adaptive relearn didn't clear it afterwards. Well you also confirmed all the sensors are available and working. With that said there should be a way to make it work with a 4 inch cluster. Looks more like an ABS software/firmware issue. The 4 inch cluster is capable of HDC. One possible solution is get the firmware files and then search through them with a hex editor and look for the specific module part numbers for starters then try to figure out what values are being tied to them next. It is more work than I am willing to put in at the moment for a drive feature I don't see myself using that often.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not surprised. I have the right switch and wired it up and as still getting P160A error codes which in this case points to a missing module which you proved is the 6 inch cluster. Doing an adaptive relearn didn't clear it afterwards. Well you also confirmed all the sensors are available and working. With that said there should be a way to make it work with a 4 inch cluster. Looks more like an ABS software/firmware issue. The 4 inch cluster is capable of HDC. One possible solution is get the firmware files and then search through them with a hex editor and look for the specific module part numbers for starters then try to figure out what values are being tied to them next. It is more work than I am willing to put in at the moment for a drive feature I don't see myself using that often.
For what I paid it was worth it for the larger activity screen. Plus no more seat belt reminder and it's nice to play around with the off road screen.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This mod tenatively only applies to AWD models, all trims w/o FX4 package that also already have cruise control at a minmum installed.
This mod is currently untested pending wiring done to activate the feature.

Non FX4 models are missing the wire in the harnesses to activate HDC. Once wired it can be turned on with Forscan.
This mod assumes you replace the standard instrument control switch with the stock FX4 switch that has HDC installed. You should also be able to wire in your own toggle switch directly to the IPC cluster if you don't want to change the instrument control switch.

Stock instrument control switch
Part # NZ6Z11500CA
Cost ~$73

437844.jpg
Thanks for the instructions and ongoing updates!

Sponsored

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Amazing amount of work you contribute here to unlocking features for people! 👍

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm gathering parts to add hill descent control to my 2023 XLT and I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

1. For the console switch connector C3010, what female connector did you use (for pin 2)? I couldn't find a service part number for this one.
  2. For the IPC connector C220, is the female connector (for pin 7) already present? If not, can you confirm the service part number is DU2Z-14474-AA?
Thank you!

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm gathering parts to add hill descent control to my 2023 XLT and I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

1. For the console switch connector C3010, what female connector did you use (for pin 2)? I couldn't find a service part number for this one.
  2. For the IPC connector C220, is the female connector (for pin 7) already present? If not, can you confirm the service part number is DU2Z-14474-AA?
Thank you!
I did some disassembly this evening and wanted to report on my findings.

Both the console switch connector and the IPC connector appear to be Molex 34729 series.
https://www.molex.com/en-us/part-list/34729

Which means both take Molex female terminal 348033212.
https://www.molex.com/en-us/products/part-detail/0348033212

So, I do believe Ford part DU2Z-14474-AA would work. However I'd like a really clean install so I ordered 20 of the female terminals from DigiKey for a total of $6.96 (including taxes and shipping).

When they arrive I'll give it a try and post an update.

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@NoVaJimmy - I'd like some input from you when you have time. :)

I received my molex pins and got going on the project. I could see that Pin 7 on the IPC connector (C220) was already present and running to Pin 10 on connector C302 (the connector that interfaces to the center console).

I crimped a female molex connector on 20ga wire in Pin 2 of the console switch assembly connector (C3010), ran the wire under the console, and spliced into the Gray/Violet that was feeding Pin 10 of C302.

All buttons on the center console switch perform their function except the hill descent control button.

Do I need to be in a particular mode for it to activate? Can I just be sitting in the running truck, press the button, and it should notify me?

I did find this thread where someone borked their IPC using FORScan and had to re-enable it. I did make some modifications on my FX4 IPC to disable BLISS and Cross Traffic (mine doesn't have those) as well as enabled TSR. I'll look into that tomorrow and maybe back those changes out.

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I figured it out. I had to enable Hill Descent Control in both the IPC and ABS modules. At least it now notifies me on the IPC when I press the button. I need to find a nice hill to test it as I assume (wrongly?) that it won't engage on a flat area.

Ford Maverick ForScan Hill Descent Control mod, wiring required IMG_6799.JPG

Ford Maverick ForScan Hill Descent Control mod, wiring required IMG_6800.JPG

Ford Maverick ForScan Hill Descent Control mod, wiring required IMG_6801.JPG

Ford Maverick ForScan Hill Descent Control mod, wiring required IMG_6803.JPG
Sponsored