First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I noticed the acm module with forscan today. There must be a dozen pid configurable codes. In the Bronco's forum they were able to get full range audio to the rear speakers. I tryed it with the Mav but the codes are completely different. If someone has the B&O system it would be great to compare.

Ford's head unit is two pieces. The inteface screen plugs into an Audio Control Module which includes the amp and digital analog converter. It is also has some kind of a DSP which controls the signal going to each speaker. The DSP can be controlled by using codes in forscan. However, the codes are not published.

The Bronce6g guys figured out the code to get full range audio to the rear speakers. I would suspect that you could program all the channels including low level outs so you can hook up your aftermarket amp without having to use line converters.
Sponsored

Last edited:

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am interested in unlimited rear speaker feed. I've installed 4" x 6" Infinity Reference speakers and they sound great, but little bass. I guess the next stop is going to the Bronce6g forum to see how they accomplished this feat. It'll be interesting to see if it can be done.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am interested in unlimited rear speaker feed. I've installed 4" x 6" Infinity Reference speakers and they sound great, but little bass. I guess the next stop is going to the Bronce6g forum to see how they accomplished this feat. It'll be interesting to see if it can be done.
A poster on the Brono6g Forum posted this:

I had a local car audio shop upgrade my speakers and add an amp. I’ve noticed the rear speakers still have little sound despite me telling them they need to wire into the front kick panel speakers. I emailed and asked about this and received this in response:​
“If we want to have a full range system on the rears… we need to add a DSP processor… only take signal from the factory front, and then repartition the sounds how we want to”​
Does that make sense? Seems everyone has just been wiring to the front. Want to make sure I’m not being conned. Thanks!​
He received the following answer:

Most factory audio systems only use 2 channels that are digitally split to front/rear/center/sub. Which is all you really need unless you like to watch action movies on your lunch break. Rears are typically tuned down in volume compared to front. What your installer stated is correct. A good quality DSP can properly split the front 2 channels into however many you need. Alternatively you could go with something like JLAudio TWK-88 series and use all channels as inputs, use the software to setup and balance each channel to your liking. But that is lots of wiring and tuning. If you want something more basic, you can find a 2 channel input to X channel output, where X is how ever many channels you want, like 4+sub or 6+sub etc. All depends on how much money and time you want to throw at it.​

Here is the link to a Bronco6G Forum post about using Forscan to obtain full range of frequencies to the rear speakers: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/forscan-rear-speaker-eq-findings.54999/

And here is another link to a different Bronco6G forum with quite an extensive number of posts that I'm going through now: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/full-range-to-rear-speakers.35116/

I also have to find out if the DSP Amp that I purchased can either use only the two front speaker inputs or using the included software balance each channel. So, lots of research. Maybe I need Forscan to get a rear full frequency signal or maybe it can be done with the DSP Amp. Lots to read.

Any insights are appreciated.

Twill857

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tremayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anybody figured anything out regarding the ford Maverick B&0 with the forscan? I recently upgraded my speakers and also would like full sound

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anybody figured anything out regarding the ford Maverick B&0 with the forscan? I recently upgraded my speakers and also would like full sound
I don't have the B&O equipment, nor did I ever get into Forscan. But, I can tell you that the reduced capacity of the rear speakers seem to be tied to the selection of sound settings. There you can choose between 1) sound optimized for the driver, and 2) sound for the whole car. When you choose sound optizmized for the driver, it seems to reduce the the frequencies available to the speakers. When you choose sound for the whole car then a fuller sound can be heard.

When I first read about this, I was skeptical. But it seems to be true, at least through my Puzu PZ-C7 DSP Amp. I'm very pleased with my sound system although, I'm probably not as discrimating as I think I am.

None-the-less, it something to try and see how you like it.

Good luck Twill857!

Oh, by the way, I also installed a Rockville RW68CA Powered Subwoofer. The 6" x 8" subwoofer is not something that will shake the mirror or impress cars three lanes over, but for me at 76 years old it is plenty of bass for the type of music I listen to. It fills out very well, coupled with the front (rated down to 53 Hz) and rear (rated down to 75 Hz) Infinity Reference speakers fill out the mid bass. It satisfies the bass need when listening to old rock, folk rock, and blues music (and some old pop music, but don't tell anyone that I listen it that stuff). :cool:

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have the B&O equipment, nor did I ever get into Forscan. But, I can tell you that the reduced capacity of the rear speakers seem to be tied to the selection of sound settings. There you can choose between 1) sound optimized for the driveran d 2) sound for the whole car. When you choose sound optizmized for the driver, it seems to reduce the the frequencies available to the speakers. When you choose sound for the whole car then a fuller sound can be heard.
The B&O system doesn't offer those options. Rather it has 'Stereo' and 'Surround'. Surround mostly boosts output to the center and rear channels. The latter is of somewhat dubious use as the audio mix is already very center-heavy and those speakers aren't particularly good quality in stock configuration.

Twill857

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tremayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@uh50 so if I just upgrade my speakers it should be just fine?

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@uh50 so if I just upgrade my speakers it should be just fine?
Before you do anything, change the sound settings and listen to it. Then decide. After all, the weakness of the factory speakers has been documented. But that applies to a non-B&O system. I don't know much about the difference between the base system and the B&O, except I do know the B&O has a subwoofer.

The infinity Reference I bought made all the difference in the world. It was a step by step process for me. I could have done without the subwoofer listening to my type of music, but then at times, I'm glad I have it. Especially with the Buggs Henderson blues music.

Sponsored

Twill857

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tremayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@uh50 i do have the B&O system and there’s no Eq setting only stereo and surround, surround basically take the sound and direct it to the center speaker but overall the real speakers are really quiet

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@uh50 i do have the B&O system and there’s no Eq setting only stereo and surround, surround basically take the sound and direct it to the center speaker but overall the real speakers are really quiet
There are lots of threads that deal with the B&O systems. I would search those and get some expert advice. Sorry, just no experience with the Maverick B&O system. Take care.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If your rear speakers are quiet that's what the Fader is for. Otherwise there's not that especially compelling of a reason to try and override the high-pass filter for them. They're only 4" (stock) so their low end response is going to be pretty poor; that's what the subwoofer is for. If you want to add/replace the subwoofer then just use the signal from the stock one into an amp. Or if your goal is amplifying all the speakers then you're spending enough to probably justify one of the DSPs that interface with the A2B digital audio feed directly.

My42waffles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150 powerboost lariat 20 fusion titanium hybri
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
since I don't see it mentioned here those with the b&o won't get any benefit from the speaker setting changes to the acm as the acm isn't what is powering the speakers. the B&O dsp is the amp for all speakers and sub and is connected to the acm threw usb to receive audio data to produce sound and leaves the speaker positions unpopulated in the acm plug.