First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there any way to make the Hybrid Maverick default Driving Mode "ECO" using FORScan?

It is an annoyance to have to change from "Normal" to "ECO" on every drive and sometimes I forget and have driven part of the way before I realize it isn't in "ECO" mode.
Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there any way to make the Hybrid Maverick default Driving Mode "ECO" using FORScan?

It is an annoyance to have to change from "Normal" to "ECO" on every drive and sometimes I forget and have driven part of the way before I realize it isn't in "ECO" mode.
I second this!

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used Forscan on my 2013 F-150. I turned on the DRLs, added Navi, added 3 blink lane change, changed the center display, removed satellite radio…

The problem is you need to know what all the codes are and what to change them to.
I got my Maverick loaded so I shouldn’t need to change anything.
Over the years many manufactures have come up with ways to make it easy to do this. Carly is one, if you own a European car, it's very easy to add those and many more features to cars.

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I won't say it's impossible, but....it's very, very unlikely.

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T
I wonder if Ford can go all Tesla on us and "correct" these changes while we're all snuggy in our beds at night?
This is the big question I also have regarding all this Forescan talk. Not necessarily whether Ford would change settings back to default over night, but if you take the vehicle in for service, might the techs be instructed to reset altered cars to default?

Is the car's warranty information in the owners manual? I'll have to review that ... I wonder if they've included language along the lines that the s/w is merely licensed to us and that we are prohibited from making modifications ... thinking of the current John Deere cluster-f***.

pat----

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is the big question I also have regarding all this Forescan talk. Not necessarily whether Ford would change settings back to default over night, but if you take the vehicle in for service, might the techs be instructed to reset altered cars to default?

Is the car's warranty information in the owners manual? I'll have to review that ... I wonder if they've included language along the lines that the s/w is merely licensed to us and that we are prohibited from making modifications ... thinking of the current John Deere cluster-f***.

pat----
I can only speak for BMW, I have "coded" extra features into all of my BMW, the current BMW has many coded features, and never had an issue with BMW with it. The only time it was an issue was when BMW tech had to "update" the software of the car, which meant, I needed to recode the car, which took 20 minutes.

I've never had the dealership say anything about all the extra features I had coded into the cars.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

pat----
If the Tech has to program modules for any reason unless they back up your settings they can only reset it to the as built defaults tied to your VIN. You are ultimately responsible for those mods not the dealer so you should have backups already made for the modules you altered or a spreadsheet of the changes to put them back manually. Also Ford dealers use software called IDS and far as I know forscan back up files of module settings are not compatible with IDS.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love ForScan. Used it on my Bronco to disable the double-honk when no fob is inside, enabled the global close for the windows (close windows from the fob), and added Sport driving mode (First Edition doesn't have it by default... here's the before and after of that change):

This is stock -7 Driving modes: Normal, Eco, Slippery, Mud/Rut, Sand, Baja, and Rock Crawl):

GroupMe_20211231_21143.jpeg

This is how it looks now - now I have all 8 modes:
GroupMe_20211231_21148.jpeg

You don't need to buy an Extended License - you can get a trial one and keep renewing it only when you need to edit something, too. All this change took was changing one digit of the ABS module, and restart the Bronco. It took me all of about 5 minutes to do.

I am hoping the options for what can be modified on the Maverick are as plentiful. :)
So if you select Rock/Crawl, which I would like on my Fx4, does it actually do anything like set a lower transfer case range, less transfer slippage? Not sure how that works in the non-locking diffs.

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Timers.shop has "Ford drive mode module for the F-150 that keeps you in the last drive mode you were using. Maybe something like this would work for the Mav

jjplus5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram Power Wagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am hoping someone has an idea for my ELM327 not connecting to my maverick. I ordered this model off Amazon and I downloaded the drivers fine. I get 1 red light and then nothing more when I connect to the mav.
Ford Maverick FORScan 101 - Step-by-Step How to Start Guide 1651508636944

I also went through to the website below and followed those directions. The device shows up in the Device Manager and while I run Windows 10, I also changed compatibility to Windows 7 and still nothing. I then downloaded the free Software to test if ELM327 is working (via this site) and all lines were green meaning it was connected. http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/...elm327-usb-cable-on-windows-and-obd2-software

I have unplugged everything and replugged again, restarted, and still nothing. I am thinking my next bet may be to buy the more expensive programmer below to see if it works.
Ford Maverick FORScan 101 - Step-by-Step How to Start Guide 1651509330645

Oh, Maverick Lariat version also, no luxury. Any other ideas out there? thanks to all,

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am hoping someone has an idea for my ELM327 not connecting to my maverick. I ordered this model off Amazon and I downloaded the drivers fine. I get 1 red light and then nothing more when I connect to the mav.
1651508636944.png

I also went through to the website below and followed those directions. The device shows up in the Device Manager and while I run Windows 10, I also changed compatibility to Windows 7 and still nothing. I then downloaded the free Software to test if ELM327 is working (via this site) and all lines were green meaning it was connected. http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/...elm327-usb-cable-on-windows-and-obd2-software

I have unplugged everything and replugged again, restarted, and still nothing. I am thinking my next bet may be to buy the more expensive programmer below to see if it works.
1651509330645.png

Oh, Maverick Lariat version also, no luxury. Any other ideas out there? thanks to all,
I bought the one listed on the bottom of your post.

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford F250, 15 VW Passat,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't find any information on this nor I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask. But when I try to register for FORScan it says I answered the question wrong. Not sure what I'm supposed to answer!!! Any idea?? Thanks in advance!

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1651509330645.png

I bought this one for $35. Enabled TSR with no issues.

Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for FORScan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switch

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't find any information on this nor I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask. But when I try to register for FORScan it says I answered the question wrong. Not sure what I'm supposed to answer!!! Any idea?? Thanks in advance!
I know registration was closed a month or so back due to server location, may still be.

You should still be able to download and install the software. Then get the free 2 month license by filling this page out

https://forscan.org/support/prepare_trial_el_request.php?lang=en

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought this one for $35. Enabled TSR with no issues.

Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for FORScan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switch
Hows your adaptor working... Have you been able to add and delete functions without any issues? I'm looking to buy a scanner. Thanks!
Sponsored