A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First I got an email that my build week was March 7th, then I got one that said it had been moved to March 14th, and the last one that said it had been moved to March 28th. Today I got an email that it has been built and they are inspecting it before shipment. I can expect it at my dealer April 2-8. What a surprise! I hope they aren't joking.

Ordered: July 9, 2021
Lariat
Hybrid
Rapid Red
Lux Package

rom: Ford Motor Company <[email protected]-ford.com>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 12:50:20 AM PDT
Subject: Your 2022 Maverick LARIAT Order.

Your vehicle has been built.

be-campaign.com%2Fres%2Fford_mid_prod1%2FLogo-Ford.png
Fford_mid_prod1%2F12119911a0457ad2a1e1f2a95f78208b.png
=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gpas-cache.ford.com%2Fcomposite.png

Preproduction computergenerated image shown. Vehicle coming soon.​

YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT

Dear (My Name),
Great news! Your 2022 Maverick LARIAT has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment.
Our current estimate for delivery to Hansel Ford is between April 2, 2022 and April 8, 2022.
Undoubtedly, this is an exciting moment for you. We invite you to access a copy of your window label and check the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below. We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: (I deleted).​

Fford_mid_prod1%2F230e404bc0af28395245c84cfe033bde.jpg
EXPLORE YOUR MAVERICKFINANCING OPTIONS

Looking to finance your new vehicle? Take advantage of the expertise of Ford Credit. With terms ranging from 12 to 84 months, you can choose a plan that best fits your needs.​

be-campaign.com%2Fres%2Fford_mid_prod1%2FLogo-Ford.png
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center (CRC)
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
2022 Ford Motor Company. All Rights Reserved.

Follow Ford​
.com%2Fres%2Fford_mid_prod1%2FFord-Social-Facebook.png
n.com%2Fres%2Fford_mid_prod1%2FFord-Social-Twitter.png
n.com%2Fres%2Fford_mid_prod1%2FFord-Social-Youtube.png
com%2Fres%2Fford_mid_prod1%2FFord-Social-Instagram.png

I got the same email saying. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment. But my delivery dates are 3/31-4/6 and 4/6 is my birthday. Hope our dates are accurate. Still no email that it's shipped.
Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the email... then I "lol"ed and put my phone back on to the holder in my brand new Prius.. I feel bad for everyone waiting but Ford continues to reassure me I made the right decisions to move on.
I have a deposit down on a 2022 RAV4 Hybrid XLE AWD that is supposed to be delivered to the dealer next Monday. At the rate Ford is going I should have plenty of time to drive the RAV4 and decide if I want to keep it or trade/sell it and get the Maverick when it finally gets produced.

dls235

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, exact same thing. I ordered December of 2021 and haven't heard anything since from my dealer or Ford but then again, I haven't expected to either. My dealer was very upfront with possible wait times and gave me a 5-7 month minimum wait time. The way things are going I just assumed I'd be getting a 2023 model. That being said I'm prepared to wait. I couldn't believe it when I saw the email notification from Ford official, but my balloon was popped rather quickly. The email tells me absolutely nothing, but it's nice to hear from them, I guess?
I agree. Just got this email yesterday too and while I was really excited to just receive some sort of email "update", it was a bit of a let down, but at least it's something. Been absolute silence since I got my order confirmation back in October.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just saw this thread. I got an email about my hybrid xl with a drop in bedliner I ordered on October 30. Email says some options are causing productions delays, but I thought the drop in bedliner wasn’t one of the limited options. Any summary of what’s going on ? I see there are 28 pages about this already.

CasaKarl

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Avalanche, Toyota RAV4, Ford CMax
Well Ford is just on the cusp of efficiency - My order in late October finally got that email confirming my order. But from the chatter about problems with production, lack of quality, stripped down components (fluttering hoods, electric systems that don't work, holes in gas tanks, decals that wash off, etc. etc), I am thinking that they mis-named the truck. Should have called it the Gremlin (oh, that was a Chrysler poor quality vehicle - but I would bet that Steallantis would sell the rights to that one - for about a $1.00). Seems like this truck is being put together by tequila infused scabs.
Talked to my dealer at the end of Feb and asked about the email to dealers starting this "forever wait" discussion - and my dealer claims that they did not get that email. His stack of orders is still sitting on a dusty shelf in the corner of his office.
Seriously considering just bailing on this flawed product. I want a hybrid truck and will start looking elsewhere for options. Hard to find the quality level and efficiency I want in today's manufacturing climate and poor conceptual design environment. And I had such high hopes for Ford on this one - as I really love my hybrid Cmax.

Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a deposit down on a 2022 RAV4 Hybrid XLE AWD that is supposed to be delivered to the dealer next Monday. At the rate Ford is going I should have plenty of time to drive the RAV4 and decide if I want to keep it or trade/sell it and get the Maverick when it finally gets produced.
I maybe the BIGGEST Ford Fanboy there is! The Maverick will be #10 a little frustrated after almost 9 months waiting. Considered switching to a different Ford that's on the lot. But decided I'll stick it out. Not sure what Ford could do to lose me. Hope you decide on the Maverick when it comes in 🙂

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well Ford is just on the cusp of efficiency - My order in late October finally got that email confirming my order. But from the chatter about problems with production, lack of quality, stripped down components (fluttering hoods, electric systems that don't work, holes in gas tanks, decals that wash off, etc. etc), I am thinking that they mis-named the truck. Should have called it the Gremlin (oh, that was a Chrysler poor quality vehicle - but I would bet that Steallantis would sell the rights to that one - for about a $1.00). Seems like this truck is being put together by tequila infused scabs.
Talked to my dealer at the end of Feb and asked about the email to dealers starting this "forever wait" discussion - and my dealer claims that they did not get that email. His stack of orders is still sitting on a dusty shelf in the corner of his office.
Seriously considering just bailing on this flawed product. I want a hybrid truck and will start looking elsewhere for options. Hard to find the quality level and efficiency I want in today's manufacturing climate and poor conceptual design environment. And I had such high hopes for Ford on this one - as I really love my hybrid Cmax.
Tell us when you find an available hybrid truck that sells in the low $20K range. So far as I know, the Maverick is it. You can bail out now if you like. Maybe that will free your truck for someone else or at least take one out of the line. Good luck.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got email last night too. Must have had some interns with nothing to do. October order so not expecting MY22. Would have been nicer to receive email we have x orders x to produce and x will not make it to MY23.
Just my 2 cents.
You expect them to be that forthcoming? 😆

ChrisLASFV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Ford Maverick Larite on order
Got that email last night as well. I was light hey great finally a email but not the email I was hoping for.
Ford Maverick Ford sends out (blanket spam) email -- "An Important Update About Your Order" B58849FD-6412-4D16-9BC2-05820A9D4D5A

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just talked to my salesman. He says it is the hybrid engine, not the drop in bedliner. Hope Tim @fordsalesguy talks about this on Tuesday.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup, I got the same email. Was excited for about 4 seconds!

January order: EB, XLT LUX, FX4, 4k

At least I know Ford has my order in the system and at least considers building the truck someday...
I say you have at least a 50 percent chance in getting it by NEXT ice fishing season. For the first time, I actually think May end up receiving a 2023 model.

cmfo

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is only my guess, but this is Ford’s way to say that they do have your order confirmed, they understand you’ve been waiting a long time, you’re frustrated, but delays are beyond their control with parts constraints and chip shortages, and they’re sorry for the delay, as it’s beyond their control.

I ordered a hybrid XLT with CP360 and the lux pkg.I was called by the sales manager last week, and he read the Ford bulletin sent to all Ford dealers about removing CP and the lux pkgs in order to speed up your order. I’m unwilling to do either, and my order has a possibility not to get produced this model year, and I might have to re-order for a 2023.

For those that may not know, I picked up an XL hybrid on 27 January, as I gave Ford 90 days to at least send me a notification that it’s going into production. On 19 January, which was 90 days from the time of my order, I began searching Ford dealers as far away as I was willing to travel to find and drive home a new hybrid Maverick. I live in Pensacola, Fl, so I searched as far away as Houston to the west, Jacksonville to the east, Miami to the south, and Nashville to the north.

After a week of intense searching, I found an XL hybrid in Velocity Blue, the same color I ordered. The dealer had 14 others interested in the truck, so they held a drawing for the right to buy the truck. I was the lucky winner. I flew up to Charleston and bought the truck, and drove it home 546 miles. It did come with a hard top trifold tonneau cover and the spray in bed liner, both options I wanted for my XLT.

I couldn’t be any happier with the truck than I am! I plan on selling the XL when my XLT arrives.
Your first paragraph would have been better communication than what Ford sent. They should hire you.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is only my guess, but this is Ford’s way to say that they do have your order confirmed, they understand you’ve been waiting a long time, you’re frustrated, but delays are beyond their control with parts constraints and chip shortages, and they’re sorry for the delay, as it’s beyond their control.

I ordered a hybrid XLT with CP360 and the lux pkg.I was called by the sales manager last week, and he read the Ford bulletin sent to all Ford dealers about removing CP and the lux pkgs in order to speed up your order. I’m unwilling to do either, and my order has a possibility not to get produced this model year, and I might have to re-order for a 2023.

For those that may not know, I picked up an XL hybrid on 27 January, as I gave Ford 90 days to at least send me a notification that it’s going into production. On 19 January, which was 90 days from the time of my order, I began searching Ford dealers as far away as I was willing to travel to find and drive home a new hybrid Maverick. I live in Pensacola, Fl, so I searched as far away as Houston to the west, Jacksonville to the east, Miami to the south, and Nashville to the north.

After a week of intense searching, I found an XL hybrid in Velocity Blue, the same color I ordered. The dealer had 14 others interested in the truck, so they held a drawing for the right to buy the truck. I was the lucky winner. I flew up to Charleston and bought the truck, and drove it home 546 miles. It did come with a hard top trifold tonneau cover and the spray in bed liner, both options I wanted for my XLT.

I couldn’t be any happier with the truck than I am! I plan on selling the XL when my XLT arrives.
Perhaps you need to help out the Ford PR folks! If you replace the word "they" with Ford or We in your first paragraph, it would have a much better email and more sincere!!

JB9

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT EB 2.0L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received the basic "Thanks again... we've run into a few delays" e-mail at 11:40pm EDT last night. So thankful to Ford for finally sending us something to let us know we're still in the system. Hope this much appreciated type of communication continues.

Alto Blue XLT, 2.0L EcoBoost, CP360, SIBL (Dropped), Non-Carpeted Mats
Confirmed: 11/15/21

Last edited:

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am an October and am in the starting to get antsy mode with no production date. I can’t imagine being a June/July/August buyer with no production date and getting this email. If Ford had a $23,000 Ranger hybrid on lots, I would go out and buy one today.
Sponsored