pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually I'm pretty sure that the 60/40 split EB/hybrid is what Ford planned to build, and that they were surprised when orders came in 60/40 Hybrid/EB. That is why they had to stop Hybrid ordering earlier last November.
Sponsored

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Below is listed the URL for the above subject article.

Points of interest:
  • Most popular model: 50% are XLT's
  • Most popular configuration: XLT, AWD, EB, with 360
  • Sixty percent of buyers came from brands other than Ford
  • In the last three months of 2021, Ford sold over 13K mavericks of which 2100 were hybrids.
  • The bulk of buyers are Gen X'ers or older; not typical for a low priced entry level vehicle.
  • Buyers are primarily located in 4 states: California, Texas, Michigan and Florida
  • 95% of Maverick's retail business is represented by customers who placed retail orders and took delivery with their Ford dealer.
  • Area 51 is most popular paint color

Article does give other info also. Ford Reveals Maverick's Most Popular Configuration, Customers (msn.com)
I guess we could start take bets on whether the 13k orders in the last 3 months will even be fulfilled. 🤔

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let's see:

XLT- Check
Ecoboost- Check
AWD- Check
CP360- Check
Gen X- Check
Coming from other brand- Check
Customer Order- Check

I'm in NC so I don't fit the state breakdown and I ordered Velocity Blue and Alto Blue. Other than that, apparently I am part of the crowd. I hate being part of the crowd. :D

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess we could start take bets on whether the 13k orders in the last 3 months will even be fulfilled. 🤔
I believe those figures represent actual deliveries, rather than orders. Ford has never revealed their Maverick order numbers.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If looking at sales, wouldn't "the most popular" simply be whatever they made the most of, since they sell every one they make?

If I have an ice cream truck and I have 20 chocolate chip and 30 vanilla cones, and there's a massive crowd of 100 people all wanting ice cream, I wouldn't really say vanilla was more popular if I just sold everything that was available, right? Also, now I'm hungry.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some of the most populous states. New York is probably not much of a truck state.
People from other parts of the country would be shocked to see that 95 percent of the State of New York is rural and beautiful. I would love to see the percentage of trucks for people outside of Long Island/New York City. I am going to guess that Long Island and New York City are roughly 11 million out of the 20 million New Yorkers. The State of New York is very big geographically with about 8 million living on land , New York City,slightly bigger than a postage stamp.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Points of interest:
  • In the last three months of 2021, Ford sold over 13K mavericks of which 2100 were hybrids.
  • The bulk of buyers are Gen X'ers or older; not typical for a low priced entry level vehicle.
  • Buyers are primarily located in 4 states: California, Texas, Michigan and Florida
  • 95% of Maverick's retail business is represented by customers who placed retail orders and took delivery with their Ford dealer.

Article does give other info also. Ford Reveals Maverick's Most Popular Configuration, Customers (msn.com)
I would like to concur on everything here with the exception of the hybrid 🤘

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I thought that too, but I think my daughter's white XLT is actually cooler looking than my A51.
That's because an Oxford White Maverick is the best Maverick. I may be a little biased in that opinion though.:LOL:

Ford Maverick Ford Reveals Most Popular Maverick Trim, Configuration and Customers its home

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Points of interest:

Maybe the popular configuration is because it was available to be delivered first, first for production, less constraints. It would have been interesting to see a real popularity contest if the Hybrid was available the same as the ecoboost. I've always been of the opinion that for every statistic there's an equal opposing statistic to refute the first statistic, which then there's another statistic that will refute the both! 🤓😵:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like others have said, the hybrid isn’t the most popular trim because they didn’t have hybrids for a majority of production time and even then they’ve been constrained. It’s a skewed statistic. Otherwise I think it would have dominated, especially when gas prices rose.

No surprise regarding Area 51 being the most popular color. It was prominent in ads and marketing. It’s also the color I chose and everyone who has seen the truck loves the color.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
' In the last three months of 2021, Ford sold over 13K mavericks of which 2100 were hybrids. ' Not really a meaningful statistic as the hybrid was not released for sale until December.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. I ordered a hybrid in June. I read the article (quickly) and didn't see where they said they were talking about actual sales or orders.

If they're talking about actual sales, most of these numbers don't mean much, because they've sold everything they've made so far. If they're talking about orders, then these numbers would be more meaningful.

If I have an ice cream truck and I have 20 chocolate chip and 30 vanilla cones, and there's a massive crowd of 100 people all wanting ice cream, I wouldn't really say vanilla was more popular if I just sold everything that was available, right? Also, now I'm hungry.
JASmith said something similar to what I'm saying with his ice cream analogy...I think I'm going for some Goodberry's frozen custard with Recee's Peanut Butter Cup mixed in tonight. Way to go SMITH!!

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Points of interest:

Thanks for posting this. Fascinating!
Sponsored