NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure what you mean by this. I ordered a hybrid in June. I read the article (quickly) and didn't see where they said they were talking about actual sales or orders.

If they're talking about actual sales, most of these numbers don't mean much, because they've sold everything they've made so far. If they're talking about orders, then these numbers would be more meaningful.

JASmith said something similar to what I'm saying with his ice cream analogy...I think I'm going for some Goodberry's frozen custard with Recee's Peanut Butter Cup mixed in tonight. Way to go SMITH!!
So is one side of your truck orange and one side purple lol?
Sponsored

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now if they'd reveal my build date, I'd have some real news!

OP
OP

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now if they'd reveal my build date, I'd have some real news!
Reveal makes it seem like they have already set a build date for you and just have not told you yet. I hope that is the case!!! Since there are no, or few and far between, emails, that may be the case. Chat room seems best source, at least, to me.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reveal makes it seem like they have already set a build date for you and just have not told you yet. I hope that is the case!!! Since there are no, or few and far between, emails, that may be the case. Chat room seems best source, at least, to me.
Just playing off the thread title. The only revelation my October order can expect from Ford is being a MY23!

pickupdude

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ive seen more Mavericks on the road now in CA. At least 1 a week now %80 Ecoboosts. All of them have been XLTs of various colors and they were all driven by Hispanic dudes who appeared to be in their 30s and one grandma driving a hot pepper red one.

I have only seen 1 XL besides mine parked on the street. It is pretty neat getting so many compliments on only a 20k basic ass car.
NELA? I've seen a maverick a day lately, but i drive all over the city.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Below is listed the URL for the above subject article.

Points of interest:
  • Most popular model: 50% are XLT's
  • Most popular configuration: XLT, AWD, EB, with 360
  • Sixty percent of buyers came from brands other than Ford
  • In the last three months of 2021, Ford sold over 13K mavericks of which 2100 were hybrids.
  • The bulk of buyers are Gen X'ers or older; not typical for a low priced entry level vehicle.
  • Buyers are primarily located in 4 states: California, Texas, Michigan and Florida
  • 95% of Maverick's retail business is represented by customers who placed retail orders and took delivery with their Ford dealer.
  • Area 51 is most popular paint color

Article does give other info also. Ford Reveals Maverick's Most Popular Configuration, Customers (msn.com)
Availability is reason why EB are top . The xlt wheels are really nice upgrade from the steelies and free when you go up a trim. CA here! Texas and CA are really close to Mexico so that checks out. Florida is interesting state. The maverick is perfect older man's or woman's vehicle because of the price point and the room it has. There's plenty of room in the back for day to day household activities like gardening etc. Area 51 is new color that hasn't been seen lot so that makes sense. Its ok color in my opinion.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

People from other parts of the country would be shocked to see that 95 percent of the State of New York is rural and beautiful. I would love to see the percentage of trucks for people outside of Long Island/New York City. I am going to guess that Long Island and New York City are roughly 11 million out of the 20 million New Yorkers. The State of New York is very big geographically with about 8 million living on land , New York City,slightly bigger than a postage stamp.
I used to get that all the time when I was in the military. Of course people in the military are from all over, but every time I told someone I was from New York, they automatically assumed I was from NYC like they didn't even know there was a New york STATE. New York state has lots of farm land, forested areas, gorges, lakes, etc. Personally I would never live in a large city like NYC.

Snartman619

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grey Ford Ranger Stx Fx2 Super Cab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let's see:

XLT- Check
Ecoboost- Check
AWD- Check
CP360- Check
Gen X- Check
Coming from other brand- Check
Customer Order- Check

I'm in NC so I don't fit the state breakdown and I ordered Velocity Blue and Alto Blue. Other than that, apparently I am part of the crowd. I hate being part of the crowd. :D
I have Alto Blue

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Area 51 is new color that hasn't been seen lot so that makes sense. Its ok color in my opinion.
I see it as just a variation on the gray that way too many people get their cars in. White, black, gray. Come on, people. Stop being so monochromatic!

Krodger277

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Just playing off the thread title. The only revelation my October order can expect from Ford is being a MY23!
I didn't get an email with my build date. Actually stopped by my dealer and they informed me I had a Jun 27 build date. So reveal might be the correct wording

Sponsored

RJW1252

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
' In the last three months of 2021, Ford sold over 13K mavericks of which 2100 were hybrids. ' Not really a meaningful statistic as the hybrid was not released for sale until December.
When I ordered my 2.0 Lariat in Nov, the dealer told me that the hybrid sales were limited to the number of motors and that would be exceeded by mid Nov. Maybe just dealer BS.
BTW. Got the call from the dealer that I can pickup my Maverick today.

Maverick Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

' In the last three months of 2021, Ford sold over 13K mavericks of which 2100 were hybrids. ' Not really a meaningful statistic as the hybrid was not released for sale until December.
Exactly, I was thinking the same thing! I love my Maverick XLT Hybrid getting 40 MPG :)

RBElectrical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
I was OK with the 2.0 until gas went over $5/gal. Now I am looking to get a hybrid for all my guys :(

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If I wanted a hot-rod compact truck, I'd probably go with the Santa Cruz. My Maverick will replace a Toyota Prius-C as my run-around, do-everything vehicle, with occasional Home Depot runs and trips between Austin and Dallas. Probably 90% of my driving is now "urban" with options to either drive surface streets or take a toll-road. Given the better mileage in urban driving, I'll probably avoid freeways a lot more.

Personally, I'd go with the XLT option, but my wife really likes the adaptive cruise control and wants our truck to have it, even if that means spending the extra $$ for the Lariat/Lux/360 package.

I with the Maverick was available in a "sage green" color, which I think would look fantastic! Instead, we've got a lot of "blue / gray" choices, along with black, white, red, and ***Orange***. I'm kind of leaning towards the orange, just to be different.
Sponsored