First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Below is listed the URL for the above subject article.

Points of interest:
  • Most popular model: 50% are XLT's
  • Most popular configuration: XLT, AWD, EB, with 360
  • Sixty percent of buyers came from brands other than Ford
  • In the last three months of 2021, Ford sold over 13K mavericks of which 2100 were hybrids.
  • The bulk of buyers are Gen X'ers or older; not typical for a low priced entry level vehicle.
  • Buyers are primarily located in 4 states: California, Texas, Michigan and Florida
  • 95% of Maverick's retail business is represented by customers who placed retail orders and took delivery with their Ford dealer.
  • Area 51 is most popular paint color

Article does give other info also. Ford Reveals Maverick's Most Popular Configuration, Customers (msn.com)
Sponsored

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
' In the last three months of 2021, Ford sold over 13K mavericks of which 2100 were hybrids. ' Not really a meaningful statistic as the hybrid was not released for sale until December.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing new in this article. If I recall correctly, when Ford talked order volumes coming from these 4 states, they basically matched their population density % compared to other locations - news headline reading largest states have most order probably doesn't read as well? 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, by reading this the AWD is vastly more popular!

In the last three months of 2021, Ford sold over 13,000 Mavericks. Just 2,311 of those were hybrid models.

Well, as Maury likes to say. That was a lie.

Finally, I believe XLT and A51 being the most popular trim/color options could be easily discovered looking at this forum's own order tracking data. We have what, probably 5,000 orders tracked at this point? Much larger than a statistical sampling to show that surprise, the cool color and nicely spec'd mid-trim are the most popular.

Almost like Ford planned it!

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • In the last three months of 2021, Ford sold over 13K mavericks of which 2100 were hybrids.
Somewhat disingenuous on the article's part as the OKTB for hybrids was not in place until the end of November. So there was lesser incentive to produce a myriad of hybrids until such time as they received the stamp of approval; concomitantly a lesser number available for delivery in time to be sold by the end of the year.

Sponsored

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ive seen more Mavericks on the road now in CA. At least 1 a week now %80 Ecoboosts. All of them have been XLTs of various colors and they were all driven by Hispanic dudes who appeared to be in their 30s and one grandma driving a hot pepper red one.

I have only seen 1 XL besides mine parked on the street. It is pretty neat getting so many compliments on only a 20k basic ass car.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting about the four states with the most Mavericks.
Not really surprising. California, Texas, and Florida are the three most populous states. Michigan is number ten, but given that Ford is headquartered there, I'm sure there's higher brand loyalty in the state

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe those statistics are related to actual buyers and not reservation holders that in the perfect world would be very similar but as we know it is not due to those long wait time.
probably the most popular vehicle configuration will be Xlt Hybrid 360 area51.
Interesting the comment about the age of the buyers. they are on the older side gen x and older that I read as people with generally higher purchasing power who still prefer a reasonable priced vehicle that does the job.

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Area 51 is the most popular color, eh?

I guess that makes sense when you consider that Area 51 and Velocity blue are the only two (IMO) interesting colors without an up-charge. The gray/white/black/silver all looks good but rather uninspiring.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Below is listed the URL for the above subject article.

Points of interest:
  • Most popular model: 50% are XLT's
  • Most popular configuration: XLT, AWD, EB, with 360
  • Sixty percent of buyers came from brands other than Ford
  • The bulk of buyers are Gen X'ers or older; not typical for a low priced entry level vehicle.
  • Buyers are primarily located in 4 states: California, Texas, Michigan and Florida
  • 95% of Maverick's retail business is represented by customers who placed retail orders and took delivery with their Ford dealer.
  • Area 51 is most popular paint color

Article does give other info also. Ford Reveals Maverick's Most Popular Configuration, Customers (msn.com)
Thanks for this! The math checks out on this forum lol seems like a pretty accurate representation. Except there’s maybe more hybrid owners on here so they can vent to each other about delayed orders lol

Sponsored

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
Was it a prediction? Didn't they pretty much tailor the orders to their "prediction" by cutting off orders? Sounds more like it was their production intent all along and they turned off the order bank for hybrid and eco when they hit their numbers

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Area 51 is the most popular color, eh?

I guess that makes sense when you consider that Area 51 and Velocity blue are the only two (IMO) interesting colors without an up-charge. The gray/white/black/silver all looks good but rather uninspiring.
I thought that too, but I think my daughter's white XLT is actually cooler looking than my A51.
Sponsored