Sponsored

Ford please put heated mirrors as standard equipment!

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dodge does it.

One major thing I'll miss about my wrangler.

Stupid that you have to get the lux package to get them. Make it a separate add in! All northern states and Canada need this for the winters
Sponsored

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just remind myself that my sick <100,000kms manual Jeep XJ two door had no creature comforts, and I don't remember the mirrors ever being an issue both in winter / snow or rainy conditions. Give it a scrape/ wipe, good to go. Someone smashes it off? Cheap to replace.

The cruise might be nice for places with smooth roads, but the truck is cheap, they gotta get you into those higher models somehow. I am pretty happy that someone finally made a minimalist vehicle, I can upgrade it later myself if needed. The reason I sold the jeep? 2 doors look cool but aren't practical, the AC was broken, and the fuel economy was poor, and my lady didn't want to drive manual. The Maverick solves all of this.

OP
OP
Nighowl2000

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just remind myself that my sick <100,000kms manual Jeep XJ two door had no creature comforts, and I don't remember the mirrors ever being an issue both in winter / snow or rainy conditions. Give it a scrape/ wipe, good to go. Someone smashes it off? Cheap to replace.

The cruise might be nice for places with smooth roads, but the truck is cheap, they gotta get you into those higher models somehow. I am pretty happy that someone finally made a minimalist vehicle, I can upgrade it later myself if needed. The reason I sold the jeep? 2 doors look cool but aren't practical, the AC was broken, and the fuel economy was poor, and my lady didn't want to drive manual. The Maverick solves all of this.
Traded my 2014 jku sport s with 100k miles It started falling apart and gas doubled in price in Canada so no brainer. Had a great heater with heated mirrors though.

Sponsored

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dodge does it.

One major thing I'll miss about my wrangler.

Stupid that you have to get the lux package to get them. Make it a separate add in! All northern states and Canada need this for the winters
Preach brother!

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
They can keep the electric seats in all trims, they just break all the time on fords anyways. Then give us cruise control, it sucks having to keep a 2x4 around to wedge the pedal.

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing I think should have a been standard or ability to add for all levels. Adaptive Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, Heated Mirror, Wiper Park Defrosters.
ACC because it could stop people from being a holes on the road. Power Mirrors because sometimes someone's else is driving or they get moved. Iced up mirror can be hard to remove. Some people people are to cheap or lazy to scrap it or use and de-icing agent, also can be moved. Now Wiper Park Defrosters I have seen it multiple times where the blade get ripped and it to cold go fix it if they did have a spare.

My semi truck has heated mirror but I still have to spray it with de-icing to clear it up. Then windshield I have to spray the crap out of it with deicer to free the blade. It not easy getting up there to scrap it and get the blade unstuck.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never had a heated mirror, I actually didn't know that was a thing. :unsure:

So I guess I can get along without one. (Yes, I am in snow country ...)

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have never had a heated mirror, I actually didn't know that was a thing. :unsure:

Almost a necessity in Western Washington too. They are pretty effective with cold rain too. Heated seats, heated steering wheels, heated mirrors. Love them all.

Sponsored

Dman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corolla,1990 Silverado,1949 GMC,1949 Harley
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The OP suggested heated mirrors as standard equipment... I disagree it should be standard, (I would like everything to be a stand-alone option or at least part of a package). I don't want to pay for things as "standard" that I don't want. I much prefer everyone gets to choose for themselves.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I as well live in snow country and never realized these were even a thing. Standard equipment - no, many of us don't want to pay extra for options we don't value.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heated seats/steering wheel and mirrors came standard on mine along with cruise control. I just ordered the Lariat model with Luxury package and got the niceties I wanted. Pretty simple people.

btas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Mustang, Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought an XL Hybrid that was a customer cancellation for msrp. It didn't have stuff that I wanted so I've added everything I needed it to have. I've added a rear window defroster, heated side mirrors, heated seats, central locking tailgate, cruise control, traffic sign recognition (turned on with forscan) auto dimming rear view mirror with home link, Ford Perimeter Plus which allows remote start with the factory key fob instead of the app which doesn't always work where I live. I prefer the XL interior with black accents instead of the orange ones. I've got the truck how I want it now so it can be done, just takes time to do the work. Best of all, adding these things is cheap to do. Much cheaper than ordering a higher trim level!

RRR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Toyo Corolla, 2000 Ford F-150, 1991 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Brian, I have a 2023 XL Hybrid and added similar items such as remote locking tailgate, auto dimming rear view mirror, LED lighting in bed and engine compartment, etc. Does the exterior heated mirrors connect to an existing unused wiring plug available in the XL model? Did you buy the exterior rear view mirrors from OEM/dealer? I changed out the turning signal and now need someone with Forscan to enable TSR and Lane Departure. (I live in Fowler, Ohio, 20 min from Youngstown, 1 hr 20 min from Cleveland or Pittsburgh). Did you buy after market kit for heated seats and rear window defogger? Ron
Sponsored