First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ive said it since the $20k base price was floated online Id be utterly shocked if they could make one that cheap. Like, ANY Maverick, in any form, being that cheap. An Ecosport starts at $19,995(before delivery) for instance and thats a 1.0 liter front wheel drive lifted Fiesta basically. How a Maverick could match this is just at a level I cant understand if its being built off the Escape platform.
I've been thinking the same thing about the $20K base price since it was floated on the internet. Even if they do hit that price I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted only one model year due to low demand for a stripped down model.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
What do we expect a 20k model to look like?

FWD, 1.5L, LX/S type of trim? I wouldn’t imagine it being any less?

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been thinking the same thing about the $20K base price since it was floated on the internet. Even if they do hit that price I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted only one model year due to low demand for a stripped down model.
Oh I think a $20k model would sell like MAD. Fleet buyers wouldnt be able to buy enough of them. With the Frontier base model being gone and the rest of the midsize 2wd trucks just rising to stupid prices a $20k fleet Maverick would be top of the list for any company that could use them.

Imagine as basic of a car you can imagine being sold nowadays. Now remove even more features. Haha. FWD and smallest engine would be guarenteed and i think they'd have to start scrapping things like power windows, remote entry and even just having body color bumpers and a zero feature radio at that point.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh I think a $20k model would sell like MAD. Fleet buyers wouldnt be able to buy enough of them. With the Frontier base model being gone and the rest of the midsize 2wd trucks just rising to stupid prices a $20k fleet Maverick would be top of the list for any company that could use them.
That's a good point, I didn't really think about Fleet buyers.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
My conclusion from this thread:

for only needs 3 trims, A barebones Model T line, a Raptor, and a Flying spurr or whatever they want to call the fancy line

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Under $20K.... You can have any color... so long as it's white. Oxford White. :giggle:

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Imagine as basic of a car you can imagine being sold nowadays. Now remove even more features. Haha. FWD and smallest engine would be guarenteed and i think they'd have to start scrapping things like power windows, remote entry and even just having body color bumpers and a zero feature radio at that point.
Power window assemblies are now cheaper than cranks..

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
I'm calling it right now: The Maverick's sub-$20,000 starting price will only be like $19,000, and even then it will only be for a low-feature base model with FWD. There's probably not going to be any other trim that dips under 20 K. I doubt that AWD will reach under this price either. Prove me wrong, Ford.

-SG
More like $19.995

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even so... if we have a sub $20K price on a base model I'd like to think we could get something decent under $25K. If that's the case, Ford will still have one of the lowest-priced pickups available.

I watched the Ranger for years as it was being developed in hopes it might be my next vehicle. When it came out it was too big and too expensive for what it was. I keep putting the miles on my '03 Sport Trac which is running ok. I'd like to buy a new vehicle, but won't get something much bigger than the ST nor higher than about $25K.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
Even so... if we have a sub $20K price on a base model I'd like to think we could get something decent under $25K. If that's the case, Ford will still have one of the lowest-priced pickups available.

I watched the Ranger for years as it was being developed in hopes it might be my next vehicle. When it came out it was too big and too expensive for what it was. I keep putting the miles on my '03 Sport Trac which is running ok. I'd like to buy a new vehicle, but won't get something much bigger than the ST nor higher than about $25K.
That's wha I'm thinking too, A few options (a sunroof is first on my list) your at the $25K range.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
One of my concerns in keeping it around the 25k mark is the destination fee. The Bronco Sports is $1495. Is it just me or does that seem insanely high?

Getting above the first trim and you’re already pushing 25k (or more) with that, taxes, dealer fees, etc.

Should be interesting.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

My guess is the sub-$20K model will offer several upgrade packages:
  1. Roadmaster Package, which includes wheels, tires and brakes
  2. Safety Package which will include seatbelts, bumpers, door handles, steering wheel and rear view mirrors
  3. And finally the Glamour Package which will include roof, floors, hood, windshield, seats and AM radio.
Final price with option packages above: $23,995

Last edited:

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
My guess is the sub-$20K model will offer several upgrade packages:
  1. Roadmaster Package, which includes wheels, tires and brakes
  2. Safety Package which will include seatbelts, bumpers, door handles, steering wheel and rear view mirrors
  3. And finally the Glamour Package which will include roof, floors, hood, windshield, seats and AM radio.
Final price with option packages above: $23,995
You forgot the '4. Standard Shipping & Handling" package for 3500, otherwise your base model comes through standard 'Bronco Horse and Carriage" delivery and takes an extra 3 months to arrive for $1695
Sponsored