Mox

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
I heard that idea floated somewhere else too back when this was a rumored Transit Connect based truck and Id be all for it. I think that non turbo 2.0 is fine overall. Nothing fancy at all but it does work.Unfortunately I think were only getting a 1.5/2.0 choice. I dont think they would try to do three engines in one model like this either (2.0/1.5/2.0).

I think it was just a rumor that caught a lot of ground but nothings been even vaguely confirmed yet by Ford. The absolute best indicator you would have for this price would be the Ranger starts at $24k and this thing would HAVE to be a good chunk cheaper to make it competitive otherwise Id happily just buy the more capable Ranger instead (and in a better extended cab body style).

I also think the $20k starting point is absurd since thats what the little Ecosport starts at. You're telling me its gonna cost the same to start as a lifted 1.0 front wheel drive Fiesta based crossover?

Its a very tight price point to fit into. If they can make it significantly cheaper than the Ranger in a tradesman trim Ill be on board 100%. Im hoping they make a super super low tech model for fleet purposes for $20k. Ill absolutely love it.
Agreed with everything here. If you look at the F-150 and Ranger, the F-150 starts at ~$29K and the Ranger starts at ~$25K (a bit of rounding here). Sub $20K would be a great starting point for Maverick, but I agree it seems difficult to achieve. Perhaps I'm a bit pessimistic, but $21-22K seems like a more reasonable starting price. That said, I hope they keep the trim levels very reasonable. A lot of people will be wanting the mid- or high-trim package (XLT/Lariat?) and I can't see them pushing those types of units if they're costing $32k/$35K. In my opinion, I'd hope a fully-loaded variant would be <$32k.

Reactions: Doc

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
After seeing this Bronco Sport Badlands (took delivery yesterday) with an MSRP of just under $35K = let's say that will be the Lariat level pricing...
Badlands.jpg

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

Old Ranchero

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
some months ago there was a confirmed by mainstream media dealer's only internal presentation (probably ZOOM type meeting) that announced the compact truck was coming, with few other details. THAT information was leaked on internet and widely circulated. IIRC this was around the time that MAVERICK tailgate rendering was leaked and info surfaced of trademarking of the name. So, no nothing confirmed in mainstream media or directly by Ford, but still believable until proven false. Also, there was a crackdown by Ford on suppliers after Hermosillo assembly line pix leaked so I would not be expecting actual pricing until official specs at least announced by Ford during debut or reveal. To me, this probably follows same info confirmation path as when "C-truck" was leaked from an internal production report and then 21 units built in Hermo and shortly after July 2021 production start reported.

Art Vandelay

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?

Russell

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Rio5 lx
Just wondering what price range this truck will fall into, many of the pick-up prices today are very hard to swallow. Even the used ones in good condition don't appear to be worth the price. The last Ford truck I owned was a 1997 F-150 at 126,000 miles the engine went even when the vehicles maintenance was followed. Who came up with the idea of cheap manifold metal. That is where my problem started, overheating the catalytic converters causing them to collapse, thus there goes a perfectly good truck. Would like to own another truck, but may be forced to buy Toyota or Nissan, When a Ranger with extended cab may be just right except for the price.

Mox

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Just wondering what price range this truck will fall into, many of the pick-up prices today are very hard to swallow. Even the used ones in good condition don't appear to be worth the price. The last Ford truck I owned was a 1997 F-150 at 126,000 miles the engine went even when the vehicles maintenance was followed. Who came up with the idea of cheap manifold metal. That is where my problem started, overheating the catalytic converters causing them to collapse, thus there goes a perfectly good truck. Would like to own another truck, but may be forced to buy Toyota or Nissan, When a Ranger with extended cab may be just right except for the price.
There isn't a definitive answer yet.

Some expect the base/fleet model to start at $20K. There are a couple of approaches to estimate the various trim levels. Most common are to match the trims in the Escape or Bronco Sport, since the Maverick will share the same platform as these vehicles. The other option is to price out an equivalent Ranger and subtract $X000, since it would be unlikely Ford would want two truck vehicles in the same price range.

My opinion is that we'll see a base model around the $21-22K range with a fully-loaded trim running as high as $34K.