thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Lariat Lux Hybrid 360 was just moved up from 4/11 to 3/28 so maybe some more will get pushed in the left direction as they find room in the parking lot.
For real, if they are just going to park the thing in purgatory why not build something you can finish and ship before it and wait on the parts for the ones you cant. Thats assuming they have the parts to finish anything right now...

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have read I can’t say how many posts about people needing the heated seats or steering wheel because it is too cold to drive with out them. Yes, they are nice to have but really not a necessity.
I have none of those on my truck. What I do is get on my Ford app. from the warmth of my house or wherever and remote start my Ranger so when I’m ready to go it is nice and toasty inside. Don’t need heated stuff. Not sure if it works on Hybrid, my Prius couldn’t do, but you Eco guys are covered. There are also gloves like we wore in the “Old Days”.
This is true. I warm my car up each morning from my app. It is not a necessity. In the old days, I used to go outside and start my car in the cold, brush off the snow, scrape the windshields, no heated anything. But, it sure is nice to get into a nice warm car and the seats are nice and toasty. I'm looking forward to a heated steering wheel now as I don't have that.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I totally agree with you about removing aftermarket items that can easily be installed by the dealer like SIBL, protective film, and tonneau covers. I should've said that in my OP.
I edited my post as the SIBL is part of the lux package, not 360.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I edited my post as the SIBL is part of the lux package, not 360.
I'm in the same boat! I think Ford jammed their lux pkgs with too much stuff. They should've made some of the Lux package options stand alone, like the SIBL.

Sponsored

TheBrit

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 320i Xdrive
Lov. It !! 😅👍😲
Are you saying I'm one chip short of a Maverick? 🤣
After my production date of Dec 13th..VIN available, modules populated and delivery date of Jan 17th, then Feb 23rd and now April 23rd I called my dealer and asked him to run a visibility report and sure enough it's on a chip hold. I ordered the XLT with Lux package, SIBL and rear manual window. No co pilot 360 so must be the heated seats, steering wheel that's holding it up waiting for the chip. Seems weird the delivery was pushed exactly 2 months so I'm thinking Ford did this as a worse case....maybe wishful thinking. Anyone else in the same boat? Stuck in production for 2 months? Ordered truck Sep 23rd.

HAL

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
My orginal scheduled production date was the week of Feb. 21. I received an email from Ford on Jan. 28 stating that my new production date is the week of March 21. Late last night I received a new email from Ford stating that my scheduled production date is now the week of March 14. I placed my order for a Hybride XLT, with the luxury package and co-pilot 360 on June 16.

Rickydragon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Eco AWD Lux Pack 4K Tow Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One day after you and I have all the constraints (hybrid, lux, 360,
Ricky, I got picked Thursday order date the 18th I noticed 4/5 guys with later dates, that got picked were same order except moonroof and we were all carb.grey wonder if it's the color or the roof maybe you location or could be your dealers' allocations.
Tim Bartz said in a video that moonroofs do not hold up orders. I don’t think paint colour has anything either. I honestly think it is just because I live in Canada. Most people had not even heard of the Maverick until September October. Most orders here are probably in that range. My guess, there a ton of Mavericks ahead of me at my dealership. Combine that with a chip shortage. I might see mine this model year.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have Reynaud’s syndrome, which causes cold hands and feet. I wear gloves until the wheel comes to room temp. A heated steering wheel would be a dream come true.
Forgive me if this is a dumb suggestion, but have you ever warmed up your hands and gloves with a hairdryer before you go outside? On very cold Winter nights, I take a few minutes and lift up the covers of my bed so it makes it very toasty when I hop in. Do the same with the pillows. Just a thought.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think what he meant is chips will be installed in the Mavs produced with missing chips sitting in a parking lot FIFO.

What he did not say is that they will ship all Mavs without chips before they start producing Mavs with all chips.
It could well be that he is only talking about FIFO for the trucks in the lot. That's why I used the example in my post to ask a slightly different question, which is whether they are:
  1. putting chips in all the trucks as they go through the line -- until they run out, or
  2. skipping some trucks and sending them to the holding lot while putting the available chips in other (more expensive and profitable?) trucks that come through later.
The example I gave makes it look like they are doing #2. (Although possibly it's just that they had chips available on some days and didn't have them on other days. )

If they are picking and choosing which trucks to favor with chips and which to shunt aside, then relative build dates become sort of meaningless for those still in the pipeline.

As to the FIFO for the chip-less trucks in the holding lot, I'm also curious how they are going to decide how much of the incoming chip supply to allocate to them.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We ought to start a thread as to who has been rescheduled the most and think of some reward for that. Lol
"Rescheduling, like virtue, is its own reward."

Or so I've heard...

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those two facilities are the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant – which builds the Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator ... both will be idle through next week as a direct result of the chip shortage.

Guess we can stop the rumor that chips we only go to high profit production lines.
The OP says that all Mavericks need the particular chip that is missing.

But do we have anything (other than rumor) saying that particular chip is used in the other lines you mention?
For real, if they are just going to park the thing in purgatory why not build something you can finish and ship before it and wait on the parts for the ones you cant. Thats assuming they have the parts to finish anything right now...
If the OP is right that all Mavericks need the particular chip that is missing, then it seems they wouldn't be able to finish and ship anything at all.

mb300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nissan Rogue and 2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
heres one for u, went to order my maverick with xlt luxury package on jan 27
that package includes spray in bedliner which I wanted, no way I wanted the drop
in bedliner, salesman told me since they ran out of material for spray in bedliner
they would deduct the price of spray in bedliner, on the night of jan 27 I found out
that would not be the case they would ship the maverick with the drop in bedliner
on Jan 28 I went to the dealer and told him to just cancel the xlt luxury package from order, he informed me the order bank was closed and they couldnt do that
The only thing they could do would be to cancel the entire order
I said just cancel the order
in a way it’s a blessing, 15 years from now which vehicle will be running trouble free
a Ford mavRick or Toyota Tacoma, i Am a Ford man but buying a new vehicle built
the first year as opposed to one they been manufacturing for 20 years
no question which one to choose,
good Luck to all
I would bet on the Mav. I had a 2003 Tacoma and the truck was ruined because the frame rusted so bad that it was unsafe to drive.
Sponsored